Author Topic: Is Molyneux right about IQ?  (Read 1167 times)

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
Re: Is Molyneux right about IQ?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 08:01:41 PM »
IQ plays a role but it's way overstated. You can say that low-IQ people cause more crime because people who were arrested for committing crimes were low-IQ but one can't speculate on the IQ of people who were smart enough to get away with it. Also IQ plays a little role in people who extract freebiues from the state if you include all of them and not just EBT, WIC...etc. Old people (smart or stupid) are the groups who suck the most amount of money from the state if you include SSI, Medicare, and Medicade. Seems like political tunnel vision.

The curious part of ethno-nationalists is why they would use race as a determiner of IQ rather than an IQ test. If your goal is to have a high-IQ society and that IQ is mostly expressed deterministicly though genes, why exclude high-IQ in lower-IQ ethnic groups and include low-IQ people from high-IQ ethnic groups? Just make them take an IQ test and if you rate below certain thresholds you're not allowed in. Or better yet, make them take a 23&Me test to see if you have high-IQ genes over lower-IQ genes and judge on those? Race seems to be a wonky middle man in that goal.

IQ can lead to making better decisions.  Also it depends on the case, some people are very critical about IQ and some are very supportive.  I don't think IQ is everything you still need a good work ethic and natural talent helps as well.  Not everyone with a high IQ has natural talent in a given field.

That is true that people with higher IQ's may be smart enough to find away not to get caught but  i"m sure that's very minimal especially with advanced forensic technology.  I think the smartest way not to get caught is to not do it in the first place.  A high IQ person usually has the ability to compete so they don't have to resort to that kind of thing.  Although some may see it as a rush so they do it anyways.  All in all I don't see any indication that the numbers would be substantially different.

I'm not sure what extracting freebies from the state has to do with anything but okay.  Old people also have put the most into the system as well.  SS and I think it's medicare is money you  put in so you can take out later.  It's not an entitlement like welfare is.

Well that's because they are collectivists and that means they see people as groups, not a collection of individuals.

That's because their goal isn't a high IQ society, a white nationalist is a white only society by definition.  If it was about IQ they would want Asians and Jews to come it but they obviously don't want that, especially Jews they hate Jews with a bloody passion.  White nationalists want to preserve their culture(whatever white culture is I have no idea) and race.  It's not about having an intelligent society.

A high IQ nationalist I guess you would call it would call for IQ tests when it comes to immigration and race would have no factor. Simply how well they did on the IQ test.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 08:19:43 PM »
Stefan isn't right on IQ. As with all topics he talks about he has invested a minimum amount of time to actually researching the subject, instead he elevates fringe positions and uses misleading statistics and graphs. Stef's interest in race and IQ are also clearly in service of his ideology and new White nationalist persona, rather than some commitment to respecting the research literature. Finding Stef to be authoritative or even well informed on the topic is only possible if you don't know or care about what the actual literature on IQ shows, hint: it isn't what Molyneux says.

LMAO white nationalist??  Do you know anything about white nationalism??  They are white separatists something Stef is not.

I have researched this subject extensively and Stef is correct about IQ and race.  I've fact checked his graphs and statistics and they all check out.

It's only a fringe position because many people have a hard time deceiving between race and IQ and racial pseudo science advocated by the Nazis. Many people are afraid to be called nazis in this day an age so they avoid the topic.  However if you look deeper at the science you see no correlation between nazi racial pseudo science and legitimate racial science of today.

Stef has had numerous experts in the field of IQ on his show and I"m sure he's done his research as well.  Stef knows what he's talking about and my fact checking has proved this to me.  I don't just believe people blindly believe it or not.

Anyone who says they have fact checked Stef's graphs and statistics and they 'check out', clearly isn't someone very experienced at doing independent research. Stef's factoids usually come from real sources, it's just that they do not support his conclusions nor are they put in the appropriate context.

Stef's experts on IQ are almost universally from the fringe of the discipline. Relying on their views as representative of the field is akin to relying on climate denialists to accurately represent the field of climate science. Your faith in Stef and his research is touching but not exactly the mark of an independent critical thinker. It seems more like you have been bamboozled by a YouTube guru peddling ideology as science on the basis of him sounding authoritative and sincere. Stef's level of research on almost every topic he opines is woeful, it only impresses if you have little knowledge of whatever topic he is waffling about.

You are also constructing a false dichotomy. Recognizing the importance of IQ and the relevant research literature is not the same thing as accepting Molyneux's ideologically drenched spin.

Facts are facts man no matter what context or conclusion you want to make of it.  That's simply an opinion anyways.  Different people can come to different conclusions.....so because someone is on the fringe that means they are wrong???

I guess it's the way we see the world because I see climate alarmists as full of non-sense and fear mongering.

Actually I've been researching topics like this for awhile.  He simply put it in videos.  I've read much more in depth where it explains that you can even tell someone's race by their skull shape.   Forensics use this method all the time.  On average certain races are more aggressive than others because of their general hormone makeup.  Stef only touches the tip of the ice berg when it comes to racial differences.  All of these facts that Stef presents checks out in real time as well.  It explains so much.  Why the Asians do so well and are normally on the nerdier side.  Why blacks do much poorer is comparison but are outstanding athletically.  This all comes back to IQ and racial differences on average.  It makes so much sense in real time there is no way it can be wrong.  It's like I can blatantly see the kettle is gold but you're telling no no no no it's not you're just an idiot.

Lets just talk about IQ alone for a moment.  How can IQ not matter when the higher the tax bracket the higher the average IQ?? Racially the higher the average IQ of that race the lower the crime.  How can IQ not matter??  I just don't see any rational, logical way to argue that.

What problem do you have with Stef's so called "spin"?

Bhez7

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 09:47:14 PM »
"It makes so much sense in real time there is no way it can be wrong"

Appears to be the crux of your understanding, pure personal experience, "it's just common sense". Do you have any statistical evidence that distinctly shows asians are more academic and blacks are more athletic and that this is definitely caused by differences in genetic makeup?

Megafauna

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2017, 09:30:10 AM »
+1
Facts are facts man no matter what context or conclusion you want to make of it.  That's simply an opinion anyways.  Different people can come to different conclusions.....so because someone is on the fringe that means they are wrong???

The question is why are they are they on the fringe? The usual answer is that they are ignoring a mountain of contradictory evidence. And when you ONLY talk to people on the fringe you end up with a very skewed perspective. See the opinions you advance below...

I guess it's the way we see the world because I see climate alarmists as full of non-sense and fear mongering.

What happened to there only being one truth? Now it seems you are arguing that it is all subjective. Sorry Kronze, while I'm not surprised to find out that you lean towards the climate change denialist camp, you don't get to invent your own brand of facts. Whatever you feel about the climate change debate is irrelevant. Your opinion is simply that of an uninformed non-scientist spouting off in the face of the mountain of evidence that demonstrates why your (ideologically inspired) hunches are wrong. Your posts have repeatedly shown that you have very little ability to think critically and no real understanding of how to do proper research. That you would think yourself qualified to judge the 'non-sense' (that's usually one word) of the climate 'alarmists' is not surprising and is yet another indication of why you would find someone like Stefan, a man who revels in his fake expertise, compelling.

Actually I've been researching topics like this for awhile.  He simply put it in videos.  I've read much more in depth where it explains that you can even tell someone's race by their skull shape. Forensics use this method all the time.

Amazing Kronze. It's impressive how you've managed to do all that research and still failed to encounter that forensic anthropologists being relatively good at identifying a skeleton's 'race' does not actually lend support to any of the claims about the validity of popular concepts of 'race' or its relationship with IQ. Maybe you should try researching harder from some better sources?

On average certain races are more aggressive than others because of their general hormone makeup.

Wow, check out the science on this guy. What particular 'general hormone makeup' are you talking about? And which specific research papers did you consult to reach your conclusions? Are you going to cite some rubbish about MAOA? If so, I strongly recommend before doing so you bother to do basic independent research on the topic- how it is portrayed on racist/race baiting sites does not reflect the status of the actual research literature. Google scholar is your friend.

Stef only touches the tip of the ice berg when it comes to racial differences.  All of these facts that Stef presents checks out in real time as well.  It explains so much. Why the Asians do so well and are normally on the nerdier side. Why blacks do much poorer is comparison but are outstanding athletically. This all comes back to IQ and racial differences on average.  It makes so much sense in real time there is no way it can be wrong. It's like I can blatantly see the kettle is gold but you're telling no no no no it's not you're just an idiot.

lol, sure Kronze you are not racist. You are just someone who can SEE the 'truth' about race; that Asians are nerdy and Blacks stupid but athletic. You are certainly correct that the race realist rabbit hole goes much deeper than Molyneux and its unsurprising to find out you are well on your way down. The fact that you can't spell nonsense, abuse common idioms (pots are usually black...), and believe that the world's greatest philosopher is a YouTuber releasing daily videos producing misogynistic rants and praising Trump, might lead some to question the standards of your 'research'/ depth of your insights but pffft... they are obviously just afraid of the TRUTH you have uncovered!

Lets just talk about IQ alone for a moment.  How can IQ not matter when the higher the tax bracket the higher the average IQ??

First off, allow me to repeat myself "You are constructing a false dichotomy. Recognising the importance of IQ and the relevant research literature is not the same thing as accepting (your/)Molyneux's ideologically drenched bullshit". Second, do you think maybe it's possible that better performance on IQ tests might be related to higher quality/more education? And do you think that maybe, just maybe, those in higher tax brackets might (on average) have come from families who could afford better educational opportunities? Man, I actually think IQ is important and has a genetic component but it is people like you with your terrible arguments and transparent racial agenda that make it difficult to discuss anything meaningful about the topic.

Racially the higher the average IQ of that race the lower the crime.  How can IQ not matter??  I just don't see any rational, logical way to argue that.

IQ matters but not in the way you envision. And nor does modern research on the topic accord with your simplistic racial hierarchy narratives or pseudoscientific notions about r/k selection and alpha/beta males.

What problem do you have with Stef's so called "spin"?

That it is based almost entirely on ideology, involves emotional manipulation and the misrepresentation/distortion of research and 'facts'.