Author Topic: Supports Trump?  (Read 1206 times)

Megafauna

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +42
Re: Supports Trump?
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 02:23:18 AM »
+5
Wow, Kronze, you are like a whirlwind of nonsense.

It's no wonder you like Stef's content so much, just like him your confidence in your knowledge seems to be inversely proportional to how much you actually know. Look up the Dunning-Kruger effect.

You are parroting Stef's summaries of antiquated theories and their pseudoscientific pop-science applications. If you consult the actual research literature on almost every topic Stef discusses you don't find support for his positions or his claims.

You are free to classify and rate people however you see fit but it's got nothing to do with science or research on evolution. Using categories like alpha and beta to categorize people is just a means to provide a scientific veneer to an adolescent social 'philosophy'. Again, you're welcome to do so, but you are deluding yourself if you think watching Stef's YouTube videos is giving you some insight into genuine research. You aren't watching the world's most popular philosopher just a middle aged, misanthropic YouTuber with delusions of grandeur and a chip on his shoulder a mile wide.

Oh and thanks for making clear your opposition to eugenics even though you understand they were just trying to progress the world and undo the damage done to 'natural eugenics' by the free market and technology. Makes things crystal clear.

sacredfire222

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +51
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2017, 02:48:13 AM »

It's no wonder you like Stef's content so much, just like him your confidence in your knowledge seems to be inversely proportional to how much you actually know. Look up the Dunning-Kruger effect.

You are parroting Stef's summaries of antiquated theories and their pseudoscientific pop-science applications. If you consult the actual research literature on almost every topic Stef discusses you don't find support for his positions or his claims.

You are free to classify and rate people however you see fit but it's got nothing to do with science or research on evolution. Using categories like alpha and beta to categorize people is just a means to provide a scientific veneer to an adolescent social 'philosophy'. Again, you're welcome to do so, but you are deluding yourself if you think watching Stef's YouTube videos is giving you some insight into genuine research. You aren't watching the world's most popular philosopher just a middle aged, misanthropic YouTuber with delusions of grandeur and a chip on his shoulder a mile wide.

Oh and thanks for making clear your opposition to eugenics even though you understand they were just trying to progress the world and undo the damage done to 'natural eugenics' by the free market and technology. Makes things crystal clear.

It's become blatantly clear that people (not just Kronze) but all over the Internet, and even the world, are concerned with survival and power not the truth.  Whatever ideology or word snippet gives them more power and a bit of more comfort in this increasingly uncomfortable world, they'll take it.   The tipping point will come and people will just kill each other off and the government will help, like it always happens.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 05:48:08 PM »
So the TL;DR it's you made an ad-hom and trying to rationalize it. Poorly I might add.

BTW, what is with these people who think r/K and alpha/beta hypothesis aren't the bogus superseded theories they are? I'm waiting for them to start making alchemy references.

so basically you don't have the mental Capacity to comprehend something like alpha/beta so you just write it off as some bogus superseded theory.  Let me ask you this question whey can some ugly poor men get hot women?  It's not that they just got lucky.  There is a real art and science behind it and it's because they are alpha.  They don't need to be good looking or rich to give them status.  They can create their own status by simply being in the presence of a women and being who they are.  A good looking guy and/or rich guy who is beta has a lot of status to begin with but gives up that status over time.  A good example of a rich guy who didn't exactly hit a home run in looks department in terms of his marriage in Mark Zuckerberg.  That's a beta right there through and through.   For the record I'll admit I may not be the best at explaining alpha/beta but do you're own research on the matter and look at it in the real world.  There is something to it my friend and that's an understatement.

I was not the one who wrote off the alpha/beta male theory, the guy who developed it did because his tests were non-replicable. If a scientific test cannot be reproduced it's by definition bogus. You're just citing anecdotes. The plural of anecdote isn't science, it's anecdotes. I've looked at the research and it's clear; not real.

Humans coming from a primordial ooze and having random beneficial traits be non-randomly selected over billions of years to form complex intelligent life doesn't sound plausible compared to an all-powerful all-knowing deity creating it in a few days. When you find that there's not a shred of evidence for the latter and an overwhelming amount of evidence for the former you've gotta toss out those old superseded ideas. You can toss whatever anecdote you want at evolution, it still stands up to scientific rigor. Same with the alpha male theory. There's not a shred of credible evidence supporting it, especially in humans.

Then explain to me why an alpha personality attracts far more quality women than a beta personality does.  An alpha could be not so attractive, poor, low status etc.  However if they spend just a little bit of time with a women can attract the highest quality women.   There is something to the whole alpha/beta thing whether he started out as non-sense or not.  I've personally seen this with my own eyes.  I also see the way women look at me when I try to act more alpha compared to acting more beta.  It's like night and day.  You are literally trying to tell me what I see with my own eyes doesn't actually exist it's quite funny really.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 05:53:19 PM »

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 06:01:44 PM »

Great we have something in common then,  I see your posts in exactly the same way.

Thank you, and as usual people like yourself are projecting.

I've fact checked it man it is true.  Just because it offends you and makes you feel bad doesn't mean it isn't true.  However I understand not wanting to admit it.

or maybe you are the one that is deluded when it comes to Stef.  Ever think of that??

That was their reasoning for it, doesn't mean I think it's a good reason.  I take the NAP seriously so anything forced is not good in my mind.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 06:05:11 PM »

It's become blatantly clear that people (not just Kronze) but all over the Internet, and even the world, are concerned with survival and power not the truth.  Whatever ideology or word snippet gives them more power and a bit of more comfort in this increasingly uncomfortable world, they'll take it.   The tipping point will come and people will just kill each other off and the government will help, like it always happens.

What isn't the truth about what Stef states??  It's all scientific information.  The only thing I care about is the truth.  I could care less about feelings, comfort etc.  Uh if it was up to Stef the government wouldn't even exist.  I also follow the NAP so I don't agree with killing other people.  I"m not sure what that has to do with anything we are talking about.

Megafauna

• FDR Interested
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 08:57:13 PM »
+1
Then explain to me why an alpha personality attracts far more quality women than a beta personality does.  An alpha could be not so attractive, poor, low status etc.  However if they spend just a little bit of time with a women can attract the highest quality women.   There is something to the whole alpha/beta thing whether he started out as non-sense or not.  I've personally seen this with my own eyes.  I also see the way women look at me when I try to act more alpha compared to acting more beta.  It's like night and day.  You are literally trying to tell me what I see with my own eyes doesn't actually exist it's quite funny really.

lol, you are funny Kronze declaring yourself a follower of science and 'truth', while simultaneously promoting the all-encompassing validity of anecdotal experience. Do you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, you might not have perfect insight into your experiences, or those of the others involved? That your memories might be impacted by things like confirmation bias or self-enhancing tendencies?

Pfft... nah, who cares about that stuff, eh? You've witnessed the transformative power of 'alpha' behavior first hand, so that's the 'science' confirmed!

Again, I really hope you are still in your teens/early twenties and that this isn't a fully matured adult detailing his worldview.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »

lol, you are funny Kronze declaring yourself a follower of science and 'truth', while simultaneously promoting the all-encompassing validity of anecdotal experience. Do you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, you might not have perfect insight into your experiences, or those of the others involved? That your memories might be impacted by things like confirmation bias or self-enhancing tendencies?

Pfft... nah, who cares about that stuff, eh? You've witnessed the transformative power of 'alpha' behavior first hand, so that's the 'science' confirmed!

Again, I really hope you are still in your teens/early twenties and that this isn't a fully matured adult detailing his worldview.

Yes my friend i question everything do you??  Please by all means change my mind.  Give me some facts and evidence that proves it wrong.

If you see it happen in real time, how is that not confirmed??  When other people are thinking how did that guy get that girl.  He's not even that good looking, tall, in shape etc.  He must be rich or some thing else etc.  I know what it really is, it's the alpha personality he has that woman finds irresistible.  I take the opinion of both sides and look at it in the real world.  The opinion of alpha/beta being real seems to play out much better in the real world so I'll go with that.  Otherwise it's just one person' views vs another.

I could say the same to you I certainly hope you are very young as well.  The opened mindedness of you seems to be very lacking.

Megafauna

• FDR Interested
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2017, 08:17:50 AM »
+1
Yes my friend i question everything do you??  Please by all means change my mind.  Give me some facts and evidence that proves it wrong.

Or how about YOU do some actual research into the topic. Step back from the YouTube talking heads, cut down the visits to tobealpha.com and go read some actual research. Honestly, learning something real might even make you more ALPHA!

If you see it happen in real time, how is that not confirmed??  When other people are thinking how did that guy get that girl.  He's not even that good looking, tall, in shape etc.  He must be rich or some thing else etc.  I know what it really is, it's the alpha personality he has that woman finds irresistible.  I take the opinion of both sides and look at it in the real world.  The opinion of alpha/beta being real seems to play out much better in the real world so I'll go with that.  Otherwise it's just one person' views vs another.

lol... again a wonderful demonstration of your deep passion for the scientific method and commitment to facts and logic. You have an opinion, you've seen things you think confirm that opinion, ergo it must be a fact. Your certainly a good advertisement for the quality of philosophers that Stefan attracts.

I could say the same to you I certainly hope you are very young as well.  The opened mindedness of you seems to be very lacking.

lol, yes, if only I was as open minded as your icon Stefan. Darn me for caring about things like critical thinking, evidence, and science.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2017, 03:44:58 PM »

Or how about YOU do some actual research into the topic. Step back from the YouTube talking heads, cut down the visits to tobealpha.com and go read some actual research. Honestly, learning something real might even make you more ALPHA!

lol... again a wonderful demonstration of your deep passion for the scientific method and commitment to facts and logic. You have an opinion, you've seen things you think confirm that opinion, ergo it must be a fact. Your certainly a good advertisement for the quality of philosophers that Stefan attracts.

lol, yes, if only I was as open minded as your icon Stefan. Darn me for caring about things like critical thinking, evidence, and science.

LMAO my all means please show me these sources.  Help me along mr. genius who knows everything on the topic.

Okay then my question to you is, how could someone prove to you that the whole alpha/beta thing is real??  Is there anything that could help you see the light??  Or do you just want to believe it doesn't exist??  It just seems to me you don't want to believe in it. You aren't looking at it from a neutral perspective.

For someone who claims to care about critical thinking, evidence and science.  You certainly haven't used much of it.  At least post the sources that have convinced you alpha/beta doesn't exist and explain to me why they mean more than the sources I've used that say they do exist.

Megafauna

• FDR Interested
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2017, 08:18:11 AM »
+1
LMAO my all means please show me these sources.  Help me along mr. genius who knows everything on the topic.

Help yourself. Go study some introductory books on human evolution and sexual selection- David Buss' introductory volume wouldn't be a bad start. There are also online courses that you could find with a minimum amount of effort that would be infinitely more valuable than wasting hours on YouTube with Molyneux.

Okay then my question to you is, how could someone prove to you that the whole alpha/beta thing is real??  Is there anything that could help you see the light??  Or do you just want to believe it doesn't exist??  It just seems to me you don't want to believe in it. You aren't looking at it from a neutral perspective.

Just good evidence, a solid body of literature that included multiple lines of evidence supporting the conclusion that the 'alpha/beta' thing applies to humans. Actual psychological and evolutionary research is much more interesting than the pseudoscientific fantasies marketed to exploit male insecurity.

For someone who claims to care about critical thinking, evidence and science.  You certainly haven't used much of it.  At least post the sources that have convinced you alpha/beta doesn't exist and explain to me why they mean more than the sources I've used that say they do exist.

The fact that you think I am basing my views of a handful of sources speaks volumes. Sorry Kronze but I really don't have the time or inclination to do your work for you. You are free to believe in whatever pseudoscientific bullshit you so desire, but you should expect to be called on it. If you want to know why alpha/beta stuff is nonsense then go READ actual research, start with an introductory evolutionary psychology text book or maybe some primer on skepticism and continue from there. When your sources are YouTube philosophers and blogs like 'tobealpha.com' it isn't surprising that you end up spouting pseudoscientific nonsense. If you can't understand why such sources are problematic... well, there isn't much hope for you.

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
  • "I thought they taught philosophy over there."
  • Respect: +96
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2017, 08:42:06 AM »
+2

No, claiming there's an alpha/beta model that fits with the scientific data is the positive claim. Please cite your sources or just stop talking about it. I don't care about your irrelevant anecdotes.