Author Topic: Molyneux justifies his position on family..claims to be making a positive change  (Read 238 times)

AMo

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +113
Start watching at about 23:45 to hear Molyneux's position on what impact he's trying to make on changes to the family. 

What is on the face of it, and what is actual are two very different views. As we all know, in earlier podcasts, Molyneux counseled his listeners how to cut ties with family, claiming that all parents are abusive. His true believers have cut ties with their families. It would be good to put out some of these earlier podcasts and videos as a reminder to those who might be listening to this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOsfnylS0OU#
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 02:31:17 PM by AMo »

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
Prove to me Stef once said that, "all parents are abusive".

sacredfire222

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +51

I'm not a research assistant to people on the Internet I will never meet, but all humans have a tendency to be abusive at different times in their lives. I believe Jesus was the only one who wasn't abusive, except maybe to the money changers in the temple and they deserved it.  Molyneux did take the "blame parents" stance which is a common stance taken in psychotherapy but is not holistic enough.  All parents inherit baggage, then they get some baggage in their own lives, and the environment and social and political factors the parents endure play a part too.  It's not like parents were perfect beings brought into the world under closely regulated conditions. They all had their struggles and traumas and there isn't a parent in the world who hasn't missed the mark at certain points in parenting their child. So, without doing research on your behalf, I am confident that I have proven that all parents at the very least have their abusive moments.  I am sure that when his daughter is old enough to present herself in public, she will attest to the fact that "dad was sometimes a prick... he called me a juvenile estrogen based parasite".  That quote of course is fiction, but Molyneux referring to females as "estrogen based parasites" is not.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +692

You don't really know much about Molyneux, do you?  :-\
"They are just money detonators!"  - Stefan Molyneux, passive-aggressive parenting expert, describes his wife and child as worse than taxation, podcast 2650

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +199

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened

I'm not a research assistant to people on the Internet I will never meet, but all humans have a tendency to be abusive at different times in their lives. I believe Jesus was the only one who wasn't abusive, except maybe to the money changers in the temple and they deserved it.  Molyneux did take the "blame parents" stance which is a common stance taken in psychotherapy but is not holistic enough.  All parents inherit baggage, then they get some baggage in their own lives, and the environment and social and political factors the parents endure play a part too.  It's not like parents were perfect beings brought into the world under closely regulated conditions. They all had their struggles and traumas and there isn't a parent in the world who hasn't missed the mark at certain points in parenting their child. So, without doing research on your behalf, I am confident that I have proven that all parents at the very least have their abusive moments.  I am sure that when his daughter is old enough to present herself in public, she will attest to the fact that "dad was sometimes a prick... he called me a juvenile estrogen based parasite".  That quote of course is fiction, but Molyneux referring to females as "estrogen based parasites" is not.

There is a difference between being abusive once in your life and being abusive on a constant, regular basis......okay so in other words you're full of shit, good to know.

He's referring to wives who don't work and live of their husband.  By definition they are parasites.  Just because it's offensive doesn't mean it isn't true.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened

http://web.archive.org/web/20061027183359/http://freedomain.blogspot.com/2005/04/are-people-just-stupid.html

Wow that was a great article, thanks for posting it.  I don't understand what problem you have with that.  What don't you agree with??  Seems about accurate to me.  When people have problems it always comes back to their parents.  Like Stef said most parents are clueless, that's a fact

"Of course, quite the opposite is true. Of all the relationships in your life, your relationship with your parents and siblings is by far the most likely to be completely screwed up. Not only that, but you also have absolutely no power to improve these relationships."

This is the closet I could find to prove your point.  However all he said was your relationship with your parents/siblings is the most likely one to be screwed up.  How is that not true??

This was an article about how many parents have caused problems to children and judging by are current society how can you say he's wrong??  Murder, rape and other criminal activity happens all the time.  You think if these people had better parents that would still be the case??

The only thing I disagree with Stef on is that repairing relationships with your parents is impossible.  I don't think that's the case.  You have to take that from a case by case basis.

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard

You asked for proof I gave it
http://web.archive.org/web/20061027183359/http://freedomain.blogspot.com/2005/04/are-people-just-stupid.html

Wow that was a great article, thanks for posting it.  I don't understand what problem you have with that.  What don't you agree with?? 

I did not say whether I agreed or not nor whether I had a problem with it. You have made assumptions and didn't pay attention.

"Of course, quite the opposite is true. Of all the relationships in your life, your relationship with your parents and siblings is by far the most likely to be completely screwed up. Not only that, but you also have absolutely no power to improve these relationships."

This is the closet I could find to prove your point. 

Then despite you finding it a great article you didn't make it as far as the third from last paragraph

Quote from: Stefan Molyneux
"Do you think it extreme for me to say that almost all parents are horribly bad? Perhaps it is. However, if you look at the state of the world – the general blindness and the slow death of our liberties – the challenge you take on by disagreeing with me is this: if it’s not the parents, what is it?

Either the world is not sick, or parents are. Because, as my wife says, it all starts with the family. If you want to perform the greatest service for political liberty, all you have to do is turf all of your unsatisfying relationships. Parents, siblings, spouse, it doesn’t matter. If you can do that, you can speak honestly about freedom."

However all he said was your relationship with your parents/siblings is the most likely one to be screwed up.  How is that not true??
I didn't say it wasn't, you are again making assumptions and hearing what you want to hear

This was an article about how many parents have caused problems to children and judging by are current society how can you say he's wrong??  Murder, rape and other criminal activity happens all the time.  You think if these people had better parents that would still be the case??

I am under no illusions as to the influence of bad parenting on the ills of society that you mention, however, this is about something else. This about ALL parents. Not just the parents of murderers and rapists but ALL parents, and in particular the parents of his audience. Are his audience mainly murderers, rapists and other criminals?

The only thing I disagree with Stef on is that repairing relationships with your parents is impossible.  I don't think that's the case.  You have to take that from a case by case basis.

Congratulations. You disagree with one of Stefan Molyneux's core principals. You have more in common with us than you think. Take it from there.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened

You asked for proof I gave it

Wow that was a great article, thanks for posting it.  I don't understand what problem you have with that.  What don't you agree with?? 

I did not say whether I agreed or not nor whether I had a problem with it. You have made assumptions and didn't pay attention.

This is the closet I could find to prove your point. 

Then despite you finding it a great article you didn't make it as far as the third from last paragraph

Quote from: Stefan Molyneux
"Do you think it extreme for me to say that almost all parents are horribly bad? Perhaps it is. However, if you look at the state of the world – the general blindness and the slow death of our liberties – the challenge you take on by disagreeing with me is this: if it’s not the parents, what is it?

Either the world is not sick, or parents are. Because, as my wife says, it all starts with the family. If you want to perform the greatest service for political liberty, all you have to do is turf all of your unsatisfying relationships. Parents, siblings, spouse, it doesn’t matter. If you can do that, you can speak honestly about freedom."

However all he said was your relationship with your parents/siblings is the most likely one to be screwed up.  How is that not true??
I didn't say it wasn't, you are again making assumptions and hearing what you want to hear

I am under no illusions as to the influence of bad parenting on the ills of society that you mention, however, this is about something else. This about ALL parents. Not just the parents of murderers and rapists but ALL parents, and in particular the parents of his audience. Are his audience mainly murderers, rapists and other criminals?

Congratulations. You disagree with one of Stefan Molyneux's core principals. You have more in common with us than you think. Take it from there.

He said almost not all and can you argue against his point??  Also he said that most parents are horribly bad he didn't say they where almost all abusive and even if he did that's still not all.  You said you could prove that Stef said that all parents are abusive and you have failed.

"Does this sound too radical? Do you think it extreme for me to say that almost all parents are horribly bad? Perhaps it is. However, if you look at the state of the world – the general blindness and the slow death of our liberties – the challenge you take on by disagreeing with me is this: if it’s not the parents, what is it?"

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
Yeah I've failed... ::)

Megafauna

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +42
He said almost not all and can you argue against his point??  Also he said that most parents are horribly bad he didn't say they where almost all abusive and even if he did that's still not all.  You said you could prove that Stef said that all parents are abusive and you have failed.
Almost everything Kronze says is apologetic bullshit. Note I didn't say ALL, so please don't take any offense Kronze.

"Does this sound too radical? Do you think it extreme for me to say that almost all parents are horribly bad? Perhaps it is. However, if you look at the state of the world – the general blindness and the slow death of our liberties – the challenge you take on by disagreeing with me is this: if it’s not the parents, what is it?"
A million other things, including many of the things that Molyneux praises, such as populist politicians and parochialism.