Author Topic: Maybe the Alt-Right is correct about a few things  (Read 118 times)

Interested

• FDR Curious
  • Respect: 0
Maybe the Alt-Right is correct about a few things
« on: November 26, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »
I found this site after yet another frustrating encounter with Molyneux  in my YouTube feed. Unfortunately, it's a bit disappointing here, too.

I am a conservative Roman Catholic, who *gasp*, actually believes in God, Heaven, Hell, the 10 Commandments and the whole bit. Worse, I'm a Trump supporter and I have yet to see what produces the cooties about him for most people. I see a flawed man who by some miracle appears to have some integrity left, ran for President, and by the grace of God, saved us from one of the most corrupt Presidents in recent memory.

(If any thing the above paragraph has given you a twitch about why I am wrong, please save us both some time and don't bother.  I've heard almost the arguments against my POV and can probably argue them for you. If you've got something calm and original, I'll listen.  :D)

Anyway I was reading a very conventional conservative blog when Trump Derangement Syndrome hit, forcing me to find other venues. From there, I spent some time on the alt-right's Twitter and interestingly I did actually do a call in show with Molyneux twice. He was interesting..until it was clear that in doing the research for calling into him the first time that he had no background in religion and had written probably the world's worst book on atheism.

So that part of the experience with him and the colossal ego resonates with me. Completely in agreement. But the other part where he talks about race and statistics..well a broken clock is right twice a day.

Here's the thing: Supposed icky, terrible, no good ideas floating around the saner parts of the alt-right are ideas that would have gotten head nods in polite and academic societies all the way until 1960, when suddenly they became banished and taboo.

It's not possible to be a conservative and only wish to conserve what is essentially a progressive point of view from the 1960's, ie, the material realm of humanity is of no consequence what so ever. It's a not a conservative view, for instance that, it's a great leap forward for society and women that women, who may not be well suited for corporate environments as a group, are suddenly out there in them as group.

In other words, most of Molyneux's ideas on race, genders, while untempered with humility, maybe both important and correct, despite all the rest of comical and sometimes serious issues surrounding Molyneux personally.

Yes, there are the white supremacists (usually atheists like Molyneux) on the alt-right. There's also a fair amount of people like me, who recognize that demographics, ethnicity, and gender have significance , without being overly impressed with IQ alone or race theories alone.

If you're looking astounded at all the young people who not only think they can but demand to change their biological sex, consider that it is perhaps only the logical end conclusion of banishing the consideration of physical realities of human society to the dark corners.

Why wouldn't young people want a new gender if it didn't suit? All they know is that when people even attempt to talk about the physical difference in groups of people, they are literally Hitler, woman haters, racists, white supremacists, homophobes, ie the new Devil. Clearly our physical presence means nothing, therefore it is changeable to suit our whims. The trans-racial people, despite the high comedy around them, also quietly have a profound point: if biological sex is just in your mind, then clearly race is, too.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw this out there. The amount of the "alt-right is just totally icky" and "OMG How can anyone like Trump" is pretty widespread on the articles and forum, from what I can gather. A little frustrating, especially if the goal is to pick up young FDR breakaways. Young people find the alt-right in reaction to the "Good people aren't racist" that is shoved down their throats, like so many geese being fattened for pate. Dismissing their real concerns is a sure way to have them move on.

Bhez7

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +10
Re: Maybe the Alt-Right is correct about a few things
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:52:47 PM »
Here's the thing: Supposed icky, terrible, no good ideas floating around the saner parts of the alt-right are ideas that would have gotten head nods in polite and academic societies all the way until 1960, when suddenly they became banished and taboo."

Have you considered it possible that they were discredited rather than simply 'banished'? What ideas would this entail exactly?

The Observer

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +121
Re: Maybe the Alt-Right is correct about a few things
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 07:17:10 PM »
 Um, I'm a former Catholic and I don't think most people on this site are claiming that everything is black and white in regards to Molyneux and the alt right.

I am bit surprised you're big Trump supporter, being Catholic.  I would imagine you would need to use a lot of relativism to justify that.   I didn't vote for either because I couldn't see much good in either candidate.