Author Topic: Looking to Speak With Former FDR Listener  (Read 215 times)

alliec

• FDR Curious
  • Respect: +2
Looking to Speak With Former FDR Listener
« on: November 28, 2017, 06:07:50 PM »
+2
Hey everyone, my name's Allie.

I'm a reporter who's kind of gotten into the rabbithole on this site and on YouTube watching videos of people who have DeFooed. I reached out to the admin of this board, and he said it was a good idea to reach out and see if anyone would be willing to chat about their experience for a potential article I've been thinking about.

I cover the far right, and I am interested especially in people who kind of drifted into alt-right territory. But I guess I can't be picky!  Anyway, I'd appreciate anyone willing to take a few minutes and share their story with me/the world.

You can respond here or over private message and we can take it from there. Obviously, you can send me any questions as well.

Thanks.

A

summa logicae

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +19
Re: Looking to Speak With Former FDR Listener
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 12:46:02 AM »
+2
 While I can't say I was ever a big follower of FDR, I came across Molyneux researching libertarianism and the non-aggression principle. Initially, in the older videos I saw, he seemed reasonable enough, talking about government corruption, taxation, war, and being against state force. Unfortunately I didn't dig too deep into FDR and seen any of the defoo stuff. I left off watching FDR for a while till I saw some videos appear on my feed talking about Trump. After seeing that and the proclamations of saving the world, begging for money, the pseudo-psychologizing and philosophizing, the idiotic "debates," it was clear he had no principles, little intellect, and was an opportunist with what is probably pathological narcissism.

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +199
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 06:36:46 PM »
Hey Allie, please post us a link on here when you write your article. Best of luck with it

BiggerThanBothofMe

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 06:24:22 PM »
+3
Hi Allie,

My name is Colleen and I've spoken with interested journalists over the years about my experiences in the group. I'd be happy to speak with you. I've also put some feelers out with other former members I know in case they would be willing to have a chat with you as well.

alliec

• FDR Curious
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 06:26:04 PM »
Thanks for responding. Mind sending me a DM of your email address so we can communicate more easily?

AC