Author Topic: Sam Harris podcast with ex-white supremacist about his experience  (Read 1027 times)

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +756
https://youtu.be/XfVoAXfk0UQ

Waking Up with Sam Harris #121 - White Power (with Christian Picciolini)

In this episode of the Waking Up podcast, Sam Harris speaks with Christian Picciolini about his experience as a neo-Nazi skinhead. They discuss how Christian got out of the movement, the limits of shame and forgiveness, the cult-like dynamics of white supremacy, the alt-Right, Russian support for white supremacy in the US, “fake news”, the significance of Charlottesville, the SPLC, and many other topics.

Christian Picciolini became a white supremacist at the age of fourteen and went on to become the leader in the notorious Hammerskin Nation, one of the most violent hate groups in the world. After leaving the white power movement at twenty-two, he co-founded Life After Hate, a non-profit organization run by former extremists who are now dedicated to countering racism. He is a TEDx speaker and won an Emmy in 2016 for his role as director and executive producer of an anti-hate video campaign. He’s the author of White American Youth: My Descent in America’s Most Violent Hate Movement—And How I Got Out.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +54
Re: Sam Harris podcast with ex-white supremacist about his experience
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 07:54:58 PM »
Great interview, cheers for the post !

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +54
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 11:59:26 PM »
+1
Molyneux is mentioned at 1:14:40 . . . .

Christian Picciolini: "Stefan Molynuex is a name that I know very well because a significant numbers of parents that reach out to me have lost their children to his ideology"

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 11:10:07 AM »
+1
Molyneux is mentioned at 1:14:40 . . . .

Christian Picciolini: "Stefan Molynuex is a name that I know very well because a significant numbers of parents that reach out to me have lost their children to his ideology"

I'm glad they were able to anticipate the risk in giving a platform to those that want to manipulate and harm the vulnerable, and decide against doing so.  It means they are aware they have reputations to protect as public figures, and take their responsibilities seriously to protect their audiences from being misled or lied to.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 04:42:13 AM »
No the parent lost their children because they where shitty parents don't blame this out Stef.  All he wants is for people to get out of toxic relationships.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 05:13:45 PM »
Christian Picciolini (who apparently had some kind of falling out with Sam Harris after being on his podcast) recently tweeted about Molyneux:

https://twitter.com/cpicciolini/status/1029489701202350080

The most dangerous white nationalists brainwashing us are not always people like Richard Spencer or David Duke. Those who mask their intentions behind "pseudo-philosophy, race realism, misogyny, and skepticism," like @StefanMolyneux, @SamHarrisOrg, and @JordanBPeterson are worse.

They are gateway drugs to the harder stuff. A feeder mechanism, if you will. At best, they are knowingly being highly irresponsible and intellectually lazy. At worst, they are invisible whitnats by design.

Listen, folks. You can believe what you want to about Sam, but he told me himself over dinner what his views were re: "Scientific Racism." Ask him yourself if he believes that IQ differences are based on race.

Sam has over a million followers, Jordan has the #1 book in the country, Stefan has millions of views on his videos. I'd say they are pretty influential. I just want people to know their coded hate language is reaching a lot of unsuspecting people, including you all reading this.

Here's the thing. Whether they are openly sympathetic to white nationalism or not, Sam and Jordan are pushing garbage ideas that are the same tired tropes for white nationalists (ie race/IQ, gender norms, etc) and leading people there. Stefan is a different open book altogether.

I would entertain a clarification from Sam and Jordan about their views on this. However, Stefan Molyneux must be held accountable for his open support of too many white nationalist ideas to even type here. Can't tell you how many referrals I have because of him.

To clarify, I am not claiming that Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson are "white nationalists." Molyneux, you decide. What I am saying is that their ideas on race/IQ, "cultural marxism," & identity are old white nationalist tropes that are infecting more people than Spencer and Duke.

And to be quite honest, if you look through the comments on this thread from people named @ WesternIdentity and others that are obvious (maybe just to me, a former Nazi) coded Nazi accounts you'll see that their staunch support of these ideas might make you think again.

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 03:53:50 PM »
Although I don't agree with this video lumping in Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson with Molyneux, it is an interesting interview nonetheless.  An ex-neo nazi speaks about his past experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_likfEpxs&t=12s

Excultmember90

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 08:39:40 PM »
^^I agree, although I can't speak for Harris, but Peterson comes from a much more matter of fact point in the IQ presentations I've seen him give.  Molyneux on the other hand (even as a fan of FDR) I thought was hiding behind his research to spout off his prejudice at times. 

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 07:14:30 PM »
Although I don't agree with this video lumping in Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson with Molyneux, it is an interesting interview nonetheless.  An ex-neo nazi speaks about his past experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_likfEpxs&t=12s

Around 5:30 minutes in, he talks about how Molyneux has crossed into Holocaust skepticism.
Around 6 minutes in, he talks about Molyneux and defoo.

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 01:00:17 AM »
I find that a little hard to believe.  I've never heard Stefan say anything about denying the Holocaust.  If he has said it, I would like to find out where.  It seems like such an odd thing for him to say.