Author Topic: SPLC has a long article on moly.  (Read 429 times)

phlogiston

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +5
SPLC has a long article on moly.
« on: May 27, 2018, 09:04:13 PM »
+3
I was bored so i decided to see whats up in molyworld.
Quite a read.
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/stefan-molyneux

megi

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +17
Re: SPLC has a long article on moly.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:59:41 AM »
Moly: "the Germans were in danger of being taken over by what they perceived as Jewish-led Communism. And Jewish-led Communism had wiped out tens of millions of white Christians in Russia and they were afraid of the same thing."

Great logic right there. First he rightly states that it was just a prception and then suddenly that perception materializes and is able to kill white Christians.

Anyway, he's such a shapeless blob with all those changes over the years in what he puts out there.

megi

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 05:14:39 AM »
So I finished the article, and I think it goes too far with influence Rothbard might have had on Molyneux. I just don't remember him mentioning Rothbard all that much and when he did it was in relation to Austrian economic theory and it was a bit cringey.

But other than that, very interesting. I learned something new about Rothbard.

Brainpolice2

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +92
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 02:21:13 AM »
+1
“If we could just get people to be nice to their babies for five years straight, that would be it for war, drug abuse, addiction, promiscuity, sexually transmitted diseases. Almost all would be completely eliminated, because they all arise from dysfunctional early childhood experiences, which are all run by women.”

Quotes like that make me furrow my brow. It's extremely reductionist in trying to pin literally everything wrong with the world very simplistically on early childhood development, which is an old and consistent theme of his if there is one. It's also really one-sided in blaming dysfunctional childhoods just on the mother - as if fathers don't have an influence and can't be crap parents too? I would have no problem with this kind of point if it was kept in perspective and he simply stated that childhood experiences and bad parenting can have a negative effect on people. But he makes it into an extreme claim that explains the whole world and entirely blames women.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 11:04:40 PM »
SPLC was once a credible organization but now they are just propaganda and a slander site.  If anything they help recruit for hate groups more than anything.  They also have many people on their lost that just shouldn't be be.  I'd glad to hear they are getting sued.

I was bored so i decided to see whats up in molyworld.
Quite a read.
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/stefan-molyneux