Author Topic: Kindness of strangers.  (Read 275 times)

summa logicae

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +47
Kindness of strangers.
« on: May 28, 2018, 05:20:06 PM »
Ever amusing, the court jester of philosophy strikes again. In his recent video https://youtu.be/zDEea9I7U3E, Molyneux claims to not do the precise thing he is doing around 13:20--"I have never relied on the kindness of strangers." As a matter of course, he refuted his own assertion ahead of time around 6:05 by panhandling. He's made the same case before, saying that what he does has real objective value, and deserves support; But I haven't heard him put this asinine reasoning so baldly before. In any case, it works, proving that some perverse imp governing human stupidity has not lost its sense of humor.

Marc Moïni

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +56
    • marcmoini.com
Re: Kindness of strangers.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 03:47:15 AM »
Typical of him and the people who listen to him, I think.

The best explanation I see for this level of confusion, in listeners at least, is high anxiety. Most likely from PTSD-like effects of childhood abuse and neglect. That's how I make sense of the fact that I could get fooled by his facade, in 2009-11. I'm interested in other likely explanations, if anyone has any!
lessons from my journey out of confusion and despair:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEy_JSW_saSvsiG6wFnB8DeYUzT26-bA6

Faith

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +16
Re: Kindness of strangers.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 12:34:24 PM »
Hi...new here.
I'm curious what "panhandling " means when used in this context.

I watched some of the video you mention, but as usual I couldn't stomach Stefans ideas,  so I never finished it. Lol. But I did hear him mention that line from the movie and how it made no sense to him.

My take is that Stefan will have trouble making sense of many ideas that others can instinctively understand because SM is narcissistic and his lack of empathy limits his ability to understand human nature.