Author Topic: "FREEDOMAIN RADIO, INC."  (Read 1201 times)

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +748
"FREEDOMAIN RADIO, INC."
« on: December 31, 2017, 12:21:25 PM »
Interesting trivia:

https://trademarks.justia.com/864/94/freedomain-86494882.html

There is now some entity named "FREEDOMAIN RADIO, INC." that owns the trademark/ wordmarks FREEDOMAIN RADIO, FREEDOM MAIN RADIO; FREE DOMAIN RADIO

I don't know about Canada, but in the U.S., you cannot incorporate with just one person.  There needs to be more than one person named as officers of a corporation.  If it is the same in Canada, I wonder who the other people are.

Lupus

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +37
Re: "FREEDOMAIN RADIO, INC."
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 04:23:15 AM »
Stefan "I don't believe in IP" Molyneux.

Bhez7

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 12:47:30 PM »
Considering he seems to have flipped almost entirely on his head, supporting one of, if not the most, obvious crony-based state the US has ever had and found revelation in pseudoreligion, it's honestly not surprising.

sacredfire222

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +51
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 12:12:48 PM »
Interesting trivia:

There is now some entity named "FREEDOMAIN RADIO, INC." that owns the trademark/ wordmarks FREEDOMAIN RADIO, FREEDOM MAIN RADIO; FREE DOMAIN RADIO

I don't know about Canada, but in the U.S., you cannot incorporate with just one person.  There needs to be more than one person named as officers of a corporation.  If it is the same in Canada, I wonder who the other people are.

You can incorporate with one person in the US. I have for many years.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +748
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 01:01:52 PM »
Interesting trivia:

You can incorporate with one person in the US. I have for many years.

You are very right.  I remembered something much different (more complex) from the experience of incorporating many years ago for a project.  Since it seems so easy to do now, and with only one person, it probably makes sense to do this for even the most minor of projects and ventures.

It does seem odd to me though considering the past reasons for incorporation.  It seems now, the main reasons are to dodge personal liability and qualify for tax breaks.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 12:33:07 AM »
America has way more economic freedom than its had in a whole so I don't know what you mean. What do you mean by pseudo religion??

Considering he seems to have flipped almost entirely on his head, supporting one of, if not the most, obvious crony-based state the US has ever had and found revelation in pseudoreligion, it's honestly not surprising.