Author Topic: Met a Molyneuxite randomly  (Read 132 times)

Hierophant

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +18
Met a Molyneuxite randomly
« on: February 10, 2018, 03:30:48 AM »
I had the displeasure of meeting a Stefan Molyneux fan at work today (I live in a relatively small city, so that was surprising). I told him I was one of the first members of his group in the old days. Of course, I didn't tell him I was also one of the first to get banned. I figured that anyone who's a Molyneux fan nowadays must have the IQ of a turtle, so I didn't want to argue with him.

He was also talking about Libertarianism. Does Molyneux still pretend to be a Libertarian these days? I was kinda surprised by that.

Marc Moïni

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +54
    • marcmoini.com
Re: Met a Molyneuxite randomly
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:46:06 AM »
+1
I laughed at your turtle joke, but I know several people who I think are very smart and still listen to Molyneux's BS. And they see themselves as Libertarians.

Psychological blind spots from emotional wounds, is my explanation. I certainly know what it can be like, to have no awareness that one's mind is avoiding entire topics and aspects of experience!
lessons from my journey out of confusion and despair:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEy_JSW_saSvsiG6wFnB8DeYUzT26-bA6

Hierophant

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +18
Re: Met a Molyneuxite randomly
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:03:25 AM »
I laughed at your turtle joke, but I know several people who I think are very smart and still listen to Molyneux's BS.

Hmm... I find that rather hard to believe...

Libertarian, I can understand, I used to be one (it's vacuous as hell if you think about it for more than a minute, but I get the attraction). But believing in current Molyneux's brand of MRA alt-right fire-and-brimstone?