Author Topic: Molyneux--Misogyny or Marketing?  (Read 21220 times)

Elvis_left_the_building

• FDR Enlightened
  • Lewd and raunchy freethinker
  • Respect: +21
Re: Molyneux--Misogyny or Marketing?
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2015, 11:29:27 PM »
The title itself is a false dichotomy. He just dared to critizise innocent little girls who are never responsible for anything they do, even if it is getting married with the wrong guy, aggressing against some dude or hitting their offspring from an early age. Furthermore he did not generalize despite his habit for intellectual slovenly like that.  ;D

Rafaman

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +220
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2015, 11:44:44 PM »
+1
For a long time, I was sure it was misogyny, but now that I have listened to some MGTOW material, it's very clear to me that Molyneux is parroting their ideas, adding in some crude language and acting outraged to make his rants sound more interesting.  The main narrative, buzzwords, and catch phrases, are completely copied.

I am starting to think that most of his material is all an act.  He takes ideas from pop culture, audio books, social movements, anything he comes across that "works" on people and can push their buttons whether he understands it or not ... like bitcoin.

I don't think its all an act. I think its more a perfect mix of all your points. Stef is an antagonistic loner. He is drawn to counter-culture ideas such as MGTOW which already encapsulate some of his views on women.  It also happens that this market has plently of disposable income. Now he has the best of both worlds.

Do I think Stef is passionate or really cares about the ideas he spouts? Absolutely not! He probably does agree with them to some extent. But the name of the game from Stef from Day dot is ATTENTION. 

mikef

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2015, 06:11:56 AM »
+1
For a long time, I was sure it was misogyny, but now that I have listened to some MGTOW material, it's very clear to me that Molyneux is parroting their ideas, adding in some crude language and acting outraged to make his rants sound more interesting.  The main narrative, buzzwords, and catch phrases, are completely copied.

Well, it's more broadly men's movement stuff.  And while I agree with a lot of what the MGTOW philosophy is regarding women, I think Molyneux spouts a perverted version of it.  And when it comes to marriage they are diametrically opposed.   Just same old, same old for Moly.  He's someone who tries to subvert social movements to his own cause: himself.   That's what he did with anarchism.  That's what he tried with atheism.  And now he's targeting the men's movement.

EDIT: I think in each case Molyneux takes the ideas to the extreme to try and differentiate himself and look more "hardcore" than the current commentators but all he ends up doing is making himself sound stupid by saying things that are patently untrue.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:45:38 AM by mikef »

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +755
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2015, 09:37:49 PM »
+1
I thought of something else today.  Molyneux mentions often that he is a big fan of Ann Coulter.

She is very big on blaming single moms and immigration for society's ills.  I think a lot of the recent criticism of Molyneux being racist, anti-immigration, pro-cop, probably is a reaction to him parroting Coulter's ideas and writings.  His many podcasts about single moms probably are copied from her commentary on single moms.  I've heard her use the same statistics on Fox News that I hear Molyneux use in his podcasts.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:40:11 PM by money detonator »