Author Topic: Stefan Molyneux and the secret silencing  (Read 6524 times)

QuestEon

• Just some guy with a blog.
  • Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
  • What's your opinion? I'd love to hear it!
  • Respect: +444
    • FDR Liberated
Stefan Molyneux and the secret silencing
« on: September 14, 2014, 12:58:52 AM »
The recent Stefan Molyneux scandals aren't isolated incidents--but a pattern of behavior that has been observable since the beginning of Freedomain Radio. This article reveals things you may not have known about Molyneux and tries to answer the big question--Why?

Stefan Molyneux and the secret silencing

Hope you like it! I look forward to your feedback!
It isn't about winning the debate. It's about the truth.

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +318
Re: Stefan Molyneux and the secret silencing
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 09:59:42 AM »
I liked the article its shame a lot of the stuff Stef censored from the forums is gone.

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 02:43:50 PM »
This is great. A timely reminder about past events for those still trying to defend him.

QuestEon

• Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »
This is great. A timely reminder about past events for those still trying to defend him.

Thank you! I think it's important for people to understand that this is a long-term pattern of behavior, one that--if Molyneux's "philosophy" actually were what he claims it to be--wouldn't even be necessary.

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
  • "I thought they taught philosophy over there."
  • Respect: +96
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »
I got this criticism about the article from XOmniverse who'd made many critical videos of Stef that has some merit to it

The article overreaches a bit. For example, it shows you as an innocent example when you are, in fact, a known agitator of FDR. It is actually, ironically, guilty of some of the same dishonesty Molyneux is.

Would point out that while I was critical of Stef, I didn't have much about Stef directly and the videos I did have were not very popular or known outside of my circle of friends. I had an account here but I never posted (I might have once or twice, too lazy to look it up) until after I got the boot from FDR. Wasn't until after I got banned that the videos started getting attention and I became "an agitator." My posts were very polite because I knew if I had a negative tone I'd get the boot. Either way, they let in anarchopac at a time where he had a few videos jabbing Molyneux and FDR. I see where he's coming from though and I agree to an extent.

QuestEon

• Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 06:40:09 PM »
I got this criticism about the article from XOmniverse who'd made many critical videos of Stef that has some merit to it

The article overreaches a bit. For example, it shows you as an innocent example when you are, in fact, a known agitator of FDR. It is actually, ironically, guilty of some of the same dishonesty Molyneux is.

Would point out that while I was critical of Stef, I didn't have much about Stef directly and the videos I did have were not very popular or known outside of my circle of friends. I had an account here but I never posted (I might have once or twice, too lazy to look it up) until after I got the boot from FDR. Wasn't until after I got banned that the videos started getting attention and I became "an agitator." My posts were very polite because I knew if I had a negative tone I'd get the boot. Either way, they let in anarchopac at a time where he had a few videos jabbing Molyneux and FDR. I see where he's coming from though and I agree to an extent.

I don't know, JJ. I think I'm pretty good at accepting and responding to criticism, but let's run this down. I'll preface it by saying I have a tremendous amount of respect for XOmniverse.

I categorically reject his comment that the article is "guilty of some of the same dishonesty Molyneux is." I do pretty good research. It takes me days to write an article of that length, because of the time I spend making sure my language is accurate.

I have to confess that you weren't on my radar at the time you posted the "awkward question" in question. Were you known as an "FDR agitator" before you made that post? That's the only fact that matters to me, and I'd be glad to substitute your deleted post/account with another if we decide, in fact, that you were. Actually, I can delete the passage altogether and the article will still say everything it needs to say.

Saying that, is XOmniverse making a distinction between "FDR Agitator" and "FDR Critic"? What is that difference? I think reasonable people (outside of FDR) would say an "agitator" is more troll-y in some way, but I'm just guessing. How would he define it? Were you that? (Inside FDR, I don't think they make any differentiation. They probably think XOmniverse is also an agitator!)

Let me know what you think.

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 07:17:40 PM »

I don't know, JJ. I think I'm pretty good at accepting and responding to criticism, but let's run this down. I'll preface it by saying I have a tremendous amount of respect for XOmniverse.

I categorically reject his comment that the article is "guilty of some of the same dishonesty Molyneux is." I do pretty good research. It takes me days to write an article of that length, because of the time I spend making sure my language is accurate.

I have to confess that you weren't on my radar at the time you posted the "awkward question" in question. Were you known as an "FDR agitator" before you made that post? That's the only fact that matters to me, and I'd be glad to substitute your deleted post/account with another if we decide, in fact, that you were. Actually, I can delete the passage altogether and the article will still say everything it needs to say.

Saying that, is XOmniverse making a distinction between "FDR Agitator" and "FDR Critic"? What is that difference? I think reasonable people (outside of FDR) would say an "agitator" is more troll-y in some way, but I'm just guessing. How would he define it? Were you that? (Inside FDR, I don't think they make any differentiation. They probably think XOmniverse is also an agitator!)

Let me know what you think.

Should clarify; I only thought the latter part of the comment had merit but not entirely accurate.

It's entirly possible Stef could have been aware of me being critical of Stef but it's been mostly on my Facebook and some comments on YouTube but not on his channel because I knew he was banhammer happy. However, Stefan Molyneux and Victor Pross were real life friends before FDR and he was getting upset with me because I was calling FDR a cult and finally got mad and unfriended me when I posted a TruShibes video about the 50 cent donation. It's entirely possible he might have outted me to FDR. I did make a few videos about it addressed to Pross and Shanklin about deFOOing but at the time it had only a hand full of views. The reputation I had with people at FDR and Stef himself was a Zeitgeist Movement critic. I even helped him with the light bulb fiasco with the StormCloudsGathering debate and gave him facts about what was wrong with the planned obsolescence light bulb film he used in the debate video.

So it's entirely possible MMD and Stef knew I was not very happy with FDR, but it wasn't the case that I was known in any circles as an "FDR Agitator" or "FDR Critic"?

I will admit I have a fiery tongue and TZM used to discredit me as "a troll" but I don't do it to get a rise, I just do it because I have little time for garbage and there's lots of garbage to be taken out. :PennGarbageTruck.jpg:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:20:01 PM by JimJesus »

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »
I guess it's entirely up for debate is all I'm really saying.

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 07:27:34 PM »
Hate to spam the post, but after thinking about it... might be fore the best to use another example. Either way, now I am a critic/agitator/troll/whatever and they'll just dismiss the entire thing over it.

QuestEon

• Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 08:18:23 PM »
Hate to spam the post, but after thinking about it... might be fore the best to use another example. Either way, now I am a critic/agitator/troll/whatever and they'll just dismiss the entire thing over it.

No problem. I have regretfully Winston Smithed you, even though I still think it was a valid example.

How about an insta ban based on a single question from a 5-year philosopher king? (Example previously provided by Disillusioned, but I obscured her FDR name.) I hope XO finds this acceptable (kidding).   :)

QuestEon

• Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 09:00:25 PM »

No problem. I have regretfully Winston Smithed you, even though I still think it was a valid example.

How about an insta ban based on a single question from a 5-year philosopher king? (Example previously provided by Disillusioned, but I obscured her FDR name.) I hope XO finds this acceptable (kidding).   :)

I think it made a perfect example, especially with the impact of the screenshots.

I did, too but I understand Jim's point. I know how these guys work. Here's an article that demonstrates in significant detail an uninterrupted decade-long history of silencing criticism but Molyneux fans would point to that single example and say "well, that guy said something bad about FDR once, so of course he was banned. This article is a bunch of lying lies."

I say when you register for a forum, you agree to its terms, and those terms don't include letting the forum manage your behavior everywhere else. Jim's question was perfectly respectful and deserved an answer.

QuestEon

• Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »
Best of both worlds? You can now link to the original passage from the main article.

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 12:50:45 AM »
Yea, I think it was a fine example but it's falsely impeachable and it needs a lengthy explanation why it's false.

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 12:57:22 AM »
On a side note, Neil actually did lie to Stef about all of that but we didn't know that until later much later.

VTV's Lie Bulbs

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 06:10:27 AM »
It was even confusing people who are not very fond of Molyneux as well. As much as I like seeing how my comment was censored on an article that's getting a lot of hits, it seems like it is a clear point of contention on both sides of the isle. I think the new example is a much more of a solid case being that the guy was a PK.