Author Topic: Molyneux on the Walter Scott Shooting  (Read 29406 times)

X

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +42
Molyneux on the Walter Scott Shooting
« on: April 14, 2015, 09:48:18 AM »
+1
Molyneux does his best to incriminate Walter Scott.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnGjZMjEgVw

My favourite line: "the fact that some distance is being put between Scott and the officer is not a guarantee that Scott is running away"

Yep, that's right Stef, it's not clear whether Scott was really running away, the fact that he was running, in a direction opposite to the officer, and already at some distance when shot, could also mean he was attacking the officer from behind or he was even on top of the officer, it's just not clear from the video, and even if it looks like he is running away someone (probably women or statists) could have altered the video.

And no mention of the issue of Slager apparently planting the taser near Scott's body.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:09:04 AM by X »

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
  • "I thought they taught philosophy over there."
  • Respect: +100
    • Jim Jesus
Re: Molyneux on the Walter Scott Shooting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »
+1
THe fact that he thinks he's a danger because he's got the discharged Taser is either him displaying his ignorance about the weapon or intentional dishonesty. It's not a semi-auto weapon. Once you fire it it's quite a process to get it ready to fire again.

He's full on cop-licking. I couldn't finish the video it was so blatantly bullshit.

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 12:16:16 PM »
The Trayvon Martin opinion I could understand, though disagree with, given the circumstances. The Eric Garner video had me rolling my eyes at his hypocrisy, but now this is just getting f*cking pathetic.

Watching these videos one can only conclude that Stefan is either a racist or, at best, an exploitative opportunist. Especially considering his response to the Bundy Ranch situation.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:20:56 PM by Jim Jones »
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true." -Socrates

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +318
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 02:57:16 PM »
Molyneux does his best to incriminate Walter Scott.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnGjZMjEgVw

My favourite line: "the fact that some distance is being put between Scott and the officer is not a guarantee that Scott is running away"

Yep, that's right Stef, it's not clear whether Scott was really running away, the fact that he was running, in a direction opposite to the officer, and already at some distance when shot, could also mean he was attacking the officer from behind or he was even on top of the officer, it's just not clear from the video, and even if it looks like he is running away someone (probably women or statists) could have altered the video.

And no mention of the issue of Slager apparently planting the taser near Scott's body.

Yes, he totally ignored the cop picking up an object (the taser presumably) and then walking over to Scott's corpse and then dropping it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW5rXN9c67M&spfreload=10
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:36:15 PM by Mike_Lice »

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
  • "I thought they taught philosophy over there."
  • Respect: +100
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 03:07:15 PM »
+1
There seems to be a visible rift in the comment section and people are upset at Molyneux about this video. I wonder how many other comments were moderated.

X

• FDR Aware
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 06:51:33 PM »
There seems to be a visible rift in the comment section and people are upset at Molyneux about this video. I wonder how many other comments were moderated.

I'm not able to view your comments on Molyneux's channel, I can see you have commented on the Walter Scott video because people are replying to you (with +Jim Jesus) but your posts are not viewable.

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 07:50:12 PM »
+1

I'm not able to view your comments on Molyneux's channel, I can see you have commented on the Walter Scott video because people are replying to you (with +Jim Jesus) but your posts are not viewable.

Solid proof that comments are being deleted (unless JimJesus took it down, which I doubt). The same has happened to me and many others here, I reckon. Reminds me of the blanket ban that North Korea has on anything anti-government. It seems they leave maybe 1-2% of critical comments and censor the rest. Pathetic.
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true." -Socrates

X

• FDR Aware
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 10:19:05 PM »
Solid proof that comments are being deleted (unless JimJesus took it down, which I doubt). The same has happened to me and many others here, I reckon.

I know that when I log out of Youtube, or browse the comments from another device where I am not logged into Youtube, my comments don't appear.

I know Youtube changed the way banning is handled sometime last year, a channel owner can now ban you so that you don't know you have been banned, so you continue to post, and you can see your posts appear in the comments section as normal, so you never suspect anything is amiss, but no one else can see your posts (except, as far as I know, people who are subscribed to your own Youtube channel).

X

• FDR Aware
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 10:33:28 PM »
+1
Attached is a screenshot of one particular thread, you can see references to comments by Jim Jesus ("+ Jim Jesus") within the thread, but the actual comments themselves are all missing.

Philosofree

• Awkward Segway
  • FDR Enlightened
  • One does not simply call in and debate.
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 10:39:41 PM »
When you are blocked from a channel, your comments no longer appear on that channel or their videos. But if you respond to someone else's comment on that channel or its videos, your comment will show up in the Google+ notifications for everyone who has responded to that comment, as well as on the original commenter's Google+ page, but will still be unseen on the channel or videos themselves.

Edit: Also, if someone blocks you from their channel, you can't see their comments. So X, you (or whoever took that screenshot) are blocked from Stef's channel (since you can't see Stef's comments).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:44:03 PM by Philosofree »
"In the long run we're all TruShibes."
so truth
much profound
wow

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »
When you are blocked from a channel, your comments no longer appear on that channel or their videos. But if you respond to someone else's comment on that channel or its videos, your comment will show up in the Google+ notifications for everyone who has responded to that comment, as well as on the original commenter's Google+ page, but will still be unseen on the channel or videos themselves.

Edit: Also, if someone blocks you from their channel, you can't see their comments. So X, you (or whoever took that screenshot) are blocked from Stef's channel (since you can't see Stef's comments).

I logged in with a different account and couldn't see my comments either, I'm assuming that means none of my comments have been showing up either?

I think someone here, perhaps you, might have already explained this to me, but I seem to have forgotten. I don't really know why I post comments on Stef's videos with some small hope they are seen. I guess I should start posting comments as replies to other comments, instead.

X

• FDR Aware
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 01:41:52 AM »
So X, you (or whoever took that screenshot) are blocked from Stef's channel (since you can't see Stef's comments).

Cheers for the explanation, makes sense now.

Yep, I took the screenshot, and yes I am unable to see Molyneux's comments, so I guess Molyneux has banned me.

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +318
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 04:57:16 AM »
Dave Chappelle has a funny bit about cops planting evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkQKOBiHyNU

mikef

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 07:02:43 AM »
+1
My take on cops is that a couple of things always need to be taken into context
1) The cops have a monopoly and they are paid by the government.   ie. they are not paid by their supposed customers, us, and they don't have any competition.
2) There are a great many victimless crimes on the books that the cops have to enforce or else lose their job.  And the number of these laws increase by the day.

That creates a potent toxic mix that is going to result in a lot of bad situations occurring.  It is also going to create a culture in the police departments where the good cops, those who actually want to protect people, are likely to resign and find something else.  Combine that with soldiers coming back from the war needing jobs, plenty of surplus army equipment going cheap (or free) and a big "war on terror" scare campaign and it's amazing we don't hear about more than we do.

Philosofree

• Awkward Segway
  • FDR Enlightened
  • One does not simply call in and debate.
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 08:33:37 AM »
It seems direct comments are blocked while replies to other comments are not
That's correct:
"In the long run we're all TruShibes."
so truth
much profound
wow