Author Topic: Wearing Makeup Means You Are Lying to Men!?  (Read 30563 times)

X

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +42
Wearing Makeup Means You Are Lying to Men!?
« on: April 19, 2015, 06:38:55 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtqKlkiNL6o

Molyneux continues his inexorable transition into something akin to the Saudi religious police (the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice), to add to all his "Never be alone in a room with a woman you don't know", "homosexuality is caused by sexual abuse", "no sex before marriage" and so on . . . he is now railing against women wearing make-up.

I thought of a game, perhaps it'd work as a video, it's called "The Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice . . . or . . . Molyneux ?".

A quote comes up on the screen, let's say: "Never be alone in a room with a woman you don't know" or "Never hold the hand of a woman who is not your wife or sister" - and you have to guess whether the edict is issued by The Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice or Molyneux ?".

:D

X

• FDR Aware
Re: Wearing Makeup Means You Are Lying to Men!?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 08:15:18 PM »
+5
In this video Molyneux cynically attempts to frame the use of makeup as women's addiction to lying !? This dreadful little man's (DLM™©) stock-in-trade seems to be making assumptions about people whose lives he knows nothing about and always making the very worst assumptions rather than the best.

I know this might seem a like an incredibly shallow interpretation, but I honestly think there is a strong element of envious resentment in much of Molyneux's world view, I know that sounds like a school kid shouting "you're just jealous" in lieu of a reasoned critique, but I really do see it in a lot of his endless groaning about the world.

All those things we tend to find value in (and have probably done so since the dawn of time) like physical attractiveness, youth, sexual experience, popularity (or whatever), Molyneux manages to frame them all as disgusting cancers we need to cut out of humanity, I suspect this may well be an inability to look at things objectively (for Stefan to remove Stefan from the conversation), to take an honest and impartial look at the mechanics of human relations with no concern for how you might fit into this jigsaw . . . don't get me wrong, I'm not coming at this from the position of a great looking youthful sports hero (I live in the UK, we are brought up mostly on canned soup, chips, beer, wine and cheap toothpaste) I am looking at this more from a sociological / anthropological point of view, traits like physical attractiveness, wealth, youth, sexual experience, popularity, power (and so on) are valued regardless of one's own experience, being unpopular at school doesn't make all the popular kids 'bad', going bald in your twenties doesn't make guys with great hair self-obsessed, vain or shallow, and female attractiveness (especially when unrequited or otherwise beyond your reach) is not a sign of evil.

I suspect his contempt for - for example, very attractive women - may well be rooted in personal experience (I'm sure most of us have been outmanoeuvred by the school Romeo or have experienced unreciprocated love at some stage in our lives), it seems that all the things he so hates just so happen to be all the things he lacks.

In this video Anne Hathaway ends ups in Molyneux's gun sights for the crime of being born with a pretty face - or maybe it's not so much that Hathaway has a pretty face, but that she 'exploits' her looks with makeup and good lighting . . . or maybe - just maybe - it's that Molyneux recognises her innate attractiveness and struggles with the corollary sexual maths that tell him that Hathaway's beauty removes her from the part of the gene pool that Molyneux empties his bladder into ?

How do you contain and control all this ? People born upstream of you on some ladder of value / importance / attractiveness (whatever you value) that you have absolutely no control over ? One way might be to attempt to reduce this arbitrary gifting of talents to some equally arbitrary limited scale (that you made up) that no one can transgress . . . "So caller, what is she, like a 7 ? Maybe a 8 ? Ok, an 8 ! Wow, great stuff, I got me an 8 here too"

Molyneux's whole conversation around Anne Hathaway and makeup and woman being evil "gatekeepers" and his admonishments to keep an eye on these wicked creatures (holding women 'accountable' for their choices of partner) seems to me to be an extended comment about Molyneux's own life rather than some profound insight into broader human sexuality.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:28:48 PM by X »

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +318
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 09:51:48 PM »
+1
Stefan has mentioned his mother being beautiful and exploiting her beauty, until she couldn't when she got older.

Argent

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +83
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 12:09:24 AM »
Wait, wearing makeup means you are lying to men? Wouldn't you be lying to other women as well?

One could theorize instead that one reason women wear makeup is to gain social position over other women they are in "competition" with. Would he care if women were lying to other women, as long as no men were being lied to? Does he address this in the video?

If he even breaks from his universalization bent when it's more convenient for him to do so, I'm at a total loss.

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
  • "I thought they taught philosophy over there."
  • Respect: +100
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 12:18:39 AM »
+3
I shave to keep my self looking old like ZZ Top. I guess that means I'm lying to women.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +769
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 01:34:58 AM »
- women wear makeup to lie to men
- Walter Scott might go home and kill his wife
- Christians want you dead
- the State wants you dead
- Statists support your murder
- your mother had you so she'd have someone to abuse
- your mother had you so your father would have someone to abuse while she spends his money

does anyone detect a pattern here?   :-\

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +318
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 06:10:04 AM »
+2
Hey guys I want to hear your opinion if I went too far?
I made a comment on Stef's video that was soft banned.

"By the way Stefan, your wife shaves her legs, armpits and vajayjay thats also lying, she isn't naturally that smooth ..."

Seeing how crass Stefan was towards all women who wear makeup calling them out right liars. I thought my comment was provocative but still permissible seeing the tone of his video. I guess not ...

Calling a whole group liars is permissible yet calling out his wife for the same deceit is not permissible.

PS. Another comment of mine was also soft banned. Such a shame it was so funny I need to share it.
"I wish Stefan lied to us with make-up ... He needs it more than most women :P"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:18:04 AM by Mike_Lice »

Rafaman

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +220
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 07:50:42 AM »

"By the way Stefan, your wife shaves her legs, armpits and vajayjay thats also lying, she isn't naturally that smooth ..."

Seeing how crass Stefan was towards all women who wear makeup calling them out right liars. I thought my comment was provocative but still permissible seeing the tone of his video. I guess not ...

Calling a whole group liars is permissible yet calling out his wife for the same deceit is not permissible.

PS. Another comment of mine was also soft banned. Such a shame it was so funny I need to share it.
"I wish Stefan lied to us with make-up ... He needs it more than most women :P"

As much as I detest SM and his manipulative ways I think the best strategy is to ignore. As someone on this forum previously said "the only way to win is to not play the game". SM thrives on any attention as strange as that seems even the negative comments mean that he has an audience and is a subject worth speaking about. I would argue he deserves neither. If your aim is to change peoples opinion of SM I dont feel such comments are a beneficial strategy.

FDR is a confirmation bias machine. At times I have to remind myself that this is a small youtube world of FDR. Most people couldnt give a crap about this talking head and his cheaply produced propaganda. Stefan is digging his own grave. Unbelievable that he would post such an obvious women-hating video. Mainstream media will pick up this low hanging fruit and tear him to shreds. He is such an easy target. Really who outside of the FDR bubbke takes this stuff with any seriousness? Very few. 

Rafaman

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +220
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 08:08:53 AM »
I would like to use the Pick up community as a point of reference. Pick up artists spout very similar off the cuff evolutionary psychology nonsense about women E.g women trade up and want to have sex with the alpha male or women purposely test men through "shit tests" to determine who is worthy of sex as a reward for resources etc. PUA's want sex from the women while Stef just wants to control and hold judgement over women.

Just like Stef the PUA's have a cult like following on youtube and produce thousands of hours of these nonsense theories. Recently one company took it way to far with the  misogyny and finally met real repercussions. Mainstream media produced large articles tearing them apart and outing this dreadful behaviour. There have been large protests organised against these Pick ups individuals & the instructors were even banned form entering Australia over the backlash. Hopefully the same will happen to Stef. Getting this message to larger audiences outside the FDR bubble is the key.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/this-canadian-pick-up-artist-bragged-about-forcing-sex-on-a-slut-whore-bitch-297

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/01/the-secret-world-of-pickup-artist-julien-blanc.html

X

• FDR Aware
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 09:08:21 AM »
+1

Not at all, it's entirely within context.

The issue here is not the tone of your post at all, but Molynuex' censorship.

The is the same guy who had the cheek to make the 'True News' video, on the Charlie Hebdo Terrorist Attacks, in which he aligns himself with advocates of free speech . . . really Stef !?

I'm also banned from his channel.

mikef

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 09:11:19 AM »
+1

You didn't go too far in my opinion.  Perfectly acceptable and suitably ironic.  Which could be why they were banned.  Or maybe it's just hyper-sensitivity of some people, who knows these days?

Argent

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +83
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »
+2
My advice for those wanting to comment in FDR-owned channels: first, think about what your main objection to FDR is. Develop a little "message." Then, when commenting, resolve to stay on-message and resist the urge to go for cheap shots. If you flare up FDR's defensive side, your message is not going to be heard. Giving FDR members the sense that there is an "enemy" who is out to get them with trollishness and low blows, is only going to cause them to circle the wagons.

To each their own, but definitely stay away from name-calling.

DevilsAdvocate

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 11:34:33 PM »
Why is he wrong about this one?

Wait, wearing makeup means you are lying to men? Wouldn't you be lying to other women as well?

Claiming that it's lying to men does in not exclude that it's also lying towards other women.

I shave to keep my self looking old like ZZ Top. I guess that means I'm lying to women.

Yes. You want to portray youth that is not present just like makeup (at least the way it is generally applied) mimics fertility and youth that is not present.

If you get even older you might use hair dye or hair regrowth cosmetica to hide other signs of aging.

I think it's valid to claim that this is a form manipulation.

I do not disagree, though shaving your intim area has a practical use, shaved skin is much more sensitive and makes sex and touching more pleasurable, it's in my opinion also by far more comfortable for the one giving oral sex. It's also something that usually only very few people will see and only after a relationship has been established.

While something like makeup or hair gel or suits that make your shoulders appear broader than they actually are, are not practical and affect everyone you meet (All or almost all people will treat someone who wears a suit differently just like they will treat a women with makeup differently, mostly unconscious so.). You do not spent time applying makeup or wear a suit because it's so comfortable.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:32:51 AM by DevilsAdvocate »

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 01:52:51 AM »
+1
Why is he wrong about this one?

Claiming that it's lying to men does in not exclude that it's also lying towards other women.

Yes. You want to portray youth that is not present just like makeup (at least the way it is generally applied) mimics fertility and youth that is not present.

If you get even older you might use hair dye or hair regrowth cosmetica to hide other signs of aging.

I think it's valid to claim that this is a form manipulation.

I do not disagree, though shaving your intim area has a practical use, shaved skin is much more sensitive and makes sex and touching more pleasurable, it's in my opinion also by far more comfortable for the one giving oral sex. It's also something that usually only very few people will see and only after a relationship has been established.

While something like makeup or hair gel or suits that make your shoulders appear broader than they actually are, are not practical and affect everyone you meet (All or almost all people will treat someone who wears a suit differently just like they will treat a women with makeup differently, mostly unconscious so.). You do not spent time applying makeup or wear a suit because it's so comfortable.

All of this hokey subconscious sexual lying BS that Molyneux talks about in this video reminds me of womens' gossip mags. On page 42: "Find out this amazing trick to turn men on subconsciously" or something like that. Protip: If you're wearing most makeup ie. eye shadow, blush, dark lipstick, whatever else, a guy can most likely visibly see it. And if he can't, and is tricked by it, then according to Molyneux, this is not a virtuous male because he is not getting with you for his virtues, he is getting with you because you are attractive to him. So really, why does Molyneux care if unvirtuous males are being tricked by these women?

(and what girl honestly thinks she is going to put on makeup that is so unnoticeable that the guy doesn't notice she's wearing it but is also effective enough to trick him into getting with her...?)

This reminds me of the whole 'overwhelming majority of women are hypergamous and trade up' bullshit that he also espouses.

And if Stefan really believes all this, then he must also be against working out. This is lying too, because it's giving women the notion (perhaps subconsciously) that you do some kind of physical work in order to have a physique like that, or your natural physique is built as if you work out. So when a woman comes to find out you have a 9-5 white collar job involving no physical labor whatsoever, she's been duped!

Honestly, this is the same 'philosopher' that thinks men over the age of 18 see attractive women and instantly think "eggs!" because they've found a woman they can have children with.

The world through Molyneux-tinted glasses is a very creepy place.
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true." -Socrates

DevilsAdvocate

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 04:24:29 AM »
And if Stefan really believes all this, then he must also be against working out. This is lying too, because it's giving women the notion (perhaps subconsciously) that you do some kind of physical work in order to have a physique like that, or your natural physique is built as if you work out. So when a woman comes to find out you have a 9-5 white collar job involving no physical labor whatsoever, she's been duped!

Do you think that this is a fair and equivalent comparison?

Because either way it's a sign of fitness and health. Possibly also a indication for better mental health (sign for discipline, a healthy ventile). A white collar job is usually also not something unwanted while a lack of attractiveness is something generically not wanted in a partner. And on top of that the intention behind working out is probably more varied than the intention behind using makeup.

It would be advantageous to favour guys that work out over guys that do not.

Protip: If you're wearing most makeup ie. eye shadow, blush, dark lipstick, whatever else, a guy can most likely visibly see it.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that men will not be affected by it. I think it's fair to say that if makeup would lose it's effect on other people once they realize that it is worn, it wouldn't be as commonly used as it is.

Just as any other equivalent examples I've given (suits, hair dye etc.) do not lose their effect just because you know about them or notice them.

(and what girl honestly thinks she is going to put on makeup that is so unnoticeable that the guy doesn't notice she's wearing it but is also effective enough to trick him into getting with her...?)

There are makeup guides on how to apply makeup that isn't easily noticeable. It certainly gives an advantage over not using makeup.

But makeup can be quite powerful even if noticed. Professional makeup can even make you misjudge the gender of a person.

I mean just look at these pictures - would men react towards them the same way if they were not made-up and isn't that change in reaction the most common intention behind using makeup?

This reminds me of the whole 'overwhelming majority of women are hypergamous and trade up' bullshit that he also espouses.
[...]
Honestly, this is the same 'philosopher' that thinks men over the age of 18 see attractive women and instantly think "eggs!" because they've found a woman they can have children with.
[...]
The world through Molyneux-tinted glasses is a very creepy place.

I'm not defending his general view on women or him personally, just his claim that makeup is lying.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 04:59:08 AM by DevilsAdvocate »