Poll

Do you think that Molyneux is a victim

Author Topic: Is Stefan Molyneux a victim himself?  (Read 20444 times)

CupOTea

• FDR Authority
  • There is no greater freedom than freedom of mind.
  • Respect: +168
Re: Is Stefan Molyneux a victim himself?
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »
+1
Maybe those that want to discourage psychologizing on this board should also discourage the posting of videos that psychologize.  Most feel like a redux of early Molyneux - personal gripes looking for someone's bias to confirm to develop a Web fanbase.  One is even podcasting from his car in the same fashion.  Is the goal to convince people to swap from their old quack to another?

If it's a problem for you,  maybe you shouldn't participate in the Psychology section.  It's your free choice.  And who said anyone was worshiping this guy?  I'm not.  Your comments are usually really incredible but this time you fell short.  Personal insults are not your normal style and they're beneath you.
Real men, proper big hairy real men who fight wild animals, naked, in the wilderness, with just a hammer and a copy of UPB, would shout, in their big hairy K-selected manly voices "look at me, I'm K-selected and I'm kicking this bear's ass, and I haven't got any pants on!"   : o )

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +769
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2016, 04:32:34 PM »
+1
Maybe those that want to discourage psychologizing on this board should also discourage the posting of videos that psychologize.  Most feel like a redux of early Molyneux - personal gripes looking for someone's bias to confirm to develop a Web fanbase.  One is even podcasting from his car in the same fashion.  Is the goal to convince people to swap from their old quack to another?

If it's a problem for you,  maybe you shouldn't participate in the Psychology section.  It's your free choice.  And who said anyone was worshiping this guy?  I'm not.  Your comments are usually really incredible but this time you fell short.  Personal insults are not your normal style and they're beneath you.

Well, I directed the post to " those that want to discourage psychologizing on this board ", which isn't me, and it should follow that those are the ones that should avoid posting in the Psychology section.

I personally have no problems with psychologizing, and dislike stupid rules.

I did understand the concern though.  After all, Molyneux also appeared harmless at first, and became what he is because people would post his psychologizing material on boards and threads on the web to spread his message, so it's confusing why anyone with that concern would want to do the same just because the psychologizing confirms the person's biases, esp when some of it is very similar ... i.e. your girlfriend problems are the result of your crappy FOO.

Why post psychological advice online from random "experts" if you condemn people for being stupid idiots for taking some other psychological advice online from a random "expert"?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:59:02 PM by money detonator »

CupOTea

• FDR Authority
  • There is no greater freedom than freedom of mind.
  • Respect: +168
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2016, 11:39:23 AM »

Well, I directed the post to " those that want to discourage psychologizing on this board ", which isn't me, and it should follow that those are the ones that should avoid posting in the Psychology section.

I personally have no problems with psychologizing, and dislike stupid rules.

I did understand the concern though.  After all, Molyneux also appeared harmless at first, and became what he is because people would post his psychologizing material on boards and threads on the web to spread his message, so it's confusing why anyone with that concern would want to do the same just because the psychologizing confirms the person's biases, esp when some of it is very similar ... i.e. your girlfriend problems are the result of your crappy FOO.

Why post psychological advice online from random "experts" if you condemn people for being stupid idiots for taking some other psychological advice online from a random "expert"?

Well I think that the relationships that this guy is talking about is a different ball of wax.   Coercive manipulation from a destructive group leader (aka cult) is not the same, even though we're talking about a narcissist.  From what I've read, when people who pick narcissist for a love relationship, especially over and over, it goes back to their caretakers when they were a baby and at the toddler stage.  Very early on when they were at the earliest stages of development, there was extreme neglect.  The baby's needs weren't met because the caretakers were focused on their own needs and didn't even recognize the baby's needs.  I believe that it also depends on the innate personality the baby was born with as to how they deal with that trauma.

The question of why Kaz posted this video in this thread can only be answered by Kaz.  Eventually I'm sure she'll log on and answer our questions.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:56:17 PM by CupOTea »
Real men, proper big hairy real men who fight wild animals, naked, in the wilderness, with just a hammer and a copy of UPB, would shout, in their big hairy K-selected manly voices "look at me, I'm K-selected and I'm kicking this bear's ass, and I haven't got any pants on!"   : o )

Kaz

• Ideological Gadfly
  • FDR Wizard
  • "Dangerous Liaisons" by Rene Magritte
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2016, 04:52:16 PM »

The question of why Kaz posted this video in this thread can only be answered by Kaz.  Eventually I'm sure she'll log on and answer our questions.

I appreciate your thoughtful posts and your defence of civil behaviour and if someone asks me in a genuinely curious way why I chose to post what I post, then I am happy to elucidate.

However, I am not obliged to do so and I will not respond to an indirect expectation that I need to justify my posts, or explain my motives as I do my best to keep to the golden rule of this forum, which is to talk about the content of the posts and not make it personal by talking about people.  If everyone is asked to do this, then I can reasonably expect it to be reciprocated and if somebody chooses not to, then I don't have to allow myself to be dragged into it.  If someone objects to my posts, they can either tell me directly, hit the report button or ignore them.

Nor do I have to respond to rude and disrespectful posts that are dishonestly reductionistic, insulting, gaslighting and made of unsubstantiated assertions that amount to little more than attempts to bait and I trust that the readers are intelligent enough to see them for what they are.

Unfortunately, I am going on a trip and I lack the time to do what I made time to do yesterday in my lunch hour, which was to sit down and respond to the posts that had been posted in good faith. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:33:13 PM by Kaz »
Just because you have left FDR, it doesn't mean that FDR has left you.

"Taking responsibility for something and self-blame are horses of two entirely different colors. The former is empowering; the latter is paralyzing." ~ John Rosemond, Ph.D

sacredfire222

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +51
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2016, 12:13:59 AM »
We are all victims and victimizers in some way. We all contain the universe of possibilities within, but what we choose to express without is mostly under our control.   In times of peace (non war) the darker aspects of our personality are suppressed (they are latent but present) and war unfolds this dark energy and externalizes it.