Author Topic: What to say to Jehova's Witnesses  (Read 1356 times)

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +213
What to say to Jehova's Witnesses
« on: October 23, 2017, 05:45:29 PM »
I opened the door to Jehova's Witnesses today, I told them I thought they were in a cult. Took me by surprise really, and I totally went against expert advice. I know it's not the best thing to say to someone in a cult.  ::)

Just wondered if anyone else had had any interesting doorstep conversations?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:45:28 AM by Elucidated »

sacredfire222

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +51
Re: What to say to Jehova's Witnesses
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 09:38:13 PM »
I have a great Jehova's Wittness story.  They used to come by and talk to me many years ago, maybe 20 years ago.  They gave me a copy of their little book that had beautiful artist's renditions of the afterlife.  It showed an image I still remember that was a pastoral scene of people of many ethnicities picnicking outdoors. There was a bear and lion in the image too. The bear was eating berries.  The Winesses told me that in the afterlife, there will be no death and they pointed to the picture and said that was how the afterlife would look. The Peaceable Kingdom if you will.   I asked them, "if there is no death, does that mean this lion is not a carnivore?".  They didn't know so they promised to go back to the Kingdom hall to ask the elders.  The next time they came, they said that for animals there will be death, but not for humans. Okay, so then I asked, if there is no death, does that mean that in the afterlife we don't have to take normal precautions, like swimming way way far out into the ocean, or avoiding an avalanche on a road because the laws of gravity are different.  They said they'd have to ask the elders. They left and never came back.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +769
Re: What to say to Jehova's Witnesses
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 10:19:47 PM »
I usually get visited once or twice a year.  There are 2 people who ring the doorbell, but I can see several more of them standing around looking from the sidewalk at the end of the driveway, or sitting in a parked car.  I'm not sure if they are there to provide security for the 2 recruiters or if they are backup that will come in to help recruit if anyone showed interest, or if they are "managers" training the recruiters.  The ones at the door do seem like trainees, usually timid, and unsure.  I politely tell them I'm not interested and tell them I have no time to talk, and that ends it.