Author Topic: The 9/11 conspiracy theorist who changed his mind  (Read 4725 times)

Lone Ranger

• FDR Authority
  • "Irresponsible dangerous woman" (Stef sez so)
  • Respect: +1
Re: The 9/11 conspiracy theorist who changed his mind
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 03:07:15 AM »
On a side note, there is a very interesting podcast on philosophy that I like a lot. The guys discuss books in depth and don't try to find answers ad hoc. They also have interesting discussions without the usual name dropping and snobism. http://www.partiallyexaminedlife.com/podcast-episodes/

I would start with one of the easier philosophers such as Locke or Hume. If you are familiar with philosophy you can dive into Foucault and Heidegger. Not that I agree with their positions, but they do offer some very interesting insights.
Because the horror of Communism, Stalinism, is not that bad people do bad things — they always do. It’s that good people do horrible things thinking they are doing something great.

CrazyCanuck

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »
It's funny because after 9/11 you now need to either go through xray scanner or body searched.  On top of that that 9/11 incident is also an excuse to spy all citizens not just the ones they think are terriosts.  Oh let's not forget the Iraq war when Bush claims that there was weapons of mass destruction which turned out to be false. 

I trust the government as much as I trust a drug dealer.

ZetaMan

• The Master Debator and Cunning Linguist
  • FDR Enlightened
    • Eclectic Vibrations Radio
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 07:09:26 PM »
I'm sorry to barge in on this thread a year later +, but I have to firstly say thank you to the OP for sharing this. I used to love The Love Police. A great laugh. Secondly I just have to have it publicly known that I resent the idea that absolutely all conspiracy theorists are nutjobs who may just snap at any moment and plant a bomb in a car (that's how it was framed).
It's been 12 years since 9/11, 60 years since JFK, and a century since Germany and Russia started to chuck the Jews out on their asses - and no one can find for me one instance of a conspiracy theorists blowing anything up... yet strangely I can find you loads of instances of government agencies blowing shit up without the mandate of their governments.

Charlie Veitch is a dickhead. For reasons stated above.

Lord have mercy on us all....
"Suppose they had a gender war, and men showed up"
- Paul Elam

Omega

• Banned
  • FDR Authority
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 07:34:16 PM »
It is stupid to believe that government would do such absurd thing like happened in 9/11
Not because government is innocent but because it is plain stupid to do it that way.

When government needs act of terrorism it manipulates someone to do it in some way.

in this case it was just simply closing eyes and ignoring all information about what is going on,
government basically gave green light to terrorists and everyone got what they wanted

Exactly same happened in ww2 when US deliberately sent civilian ship into war zone to provoke Germans to sink it and get a reason to start war.

Recently US deliberately destabilized Ukraine to take it but not everything went as planned. Lots of effort was taken to start war with Syria and Iran, but everything failed so far for US.

ZetaMan

• The Master Debator and Cunning Linguist
  • FDR Enlightened
    • Eclectic Vibrations Radio
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 08:26:06 PM »
When you take away controlled demolition, holographic planes, Directed Energy Weapons, etc out of it you get the original 9/11 conspiracy theory a lá William Cooper and his contemporaries (later that year murdered and/or obscured by torrents of A. Jones-style absurdity) - basically the kind of underhandedness you described there + Bin Laden being a direct employee of "The Powers That Be".

Goddamn loonies made anything that sounded vaguely like James Bond such a dirty thing to consider. And I flirted with those wack theories for a while too.
"Suppose they had a gender war, and men showed up"
- Paul Elam