Author Topic: Manchester gangster documentary  (Read 1572 times)

Prodigal son

Manchester gangster documentary
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »
I found this fascinating on different levels. If you have any interest in the gangland phenomenon in the UK I think it's well worth a watch - it contains more than a few surprises.

Prodigal son

Re: Manchester gangster documentary
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »
Having watched the BBC series Waterloo Road recently, with great enjoyment, it was unnerving to see one of the young actors - playing himself as it turns out - was actually a member of the Noonan empire and is seen in the documentary shouting at a taller young fellow as they stand outside the police station.
I followed the story and found this:

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/donal-macintyre-s-crime-cafe/shamed-tv-star-was-noonan-sidekick

so that young fella went wrong bigtime, though it wasn't the acting (the group seemed very inclusive from simply watching the documentary) but the dishonesty that brought him to ruin, or so I suspect. Of course he could have been starting to trade too heavily on his gangland connections to impress his new actor friends who moved in very different and rather more official circles, I think this is what may have aroused suspicion - 50 quid is hardly a major afront among thieves, or is it?