Author Topic: Exclusive! Stefan Molyneux sued for misrepresentation, defamation  (Read 28730 times)

QuestEon

• Just some guy with a blog.
  • Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
  • What's your opinion? I'd love to hear it!
  • Respect: +463
    • FDR Liberated
Read all about it!

And remember, if you want people to know about this breaking story, tweet and post the link where other free speech fans may see it. Let's see if we can crash my cheap host!

Exclusive! Stefan Molyneux sued for misrepresentation, defamation
It isn't about winning the debate. It's about the truth.

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
  • "I thought they taught philosophy over there."
  • Respect: +100
    • Jim Jesus
Re: Exclusive! Stefan Molyneux sued for misrepresentation, defamation
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 11:38:40 PM »
Bummer I promised the next volume of my Cards Against Humanity expansion deck will be 100% Moly/MDMA free. "Getting sued by a dog with an Comic Sans inner monologue." would have been great.

HansKarlsson

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:11:03 AM »
+1
Molyneux, time to stop acting like a spoiled child who bans any sort of FDR criticism and do the right thing... throw DeMarco under the bus. Don't know what chances are for DMCA to cross the border to Canada, but you don't want to have problems traveling south, right?

Tru Shibes, thanks.
"Everything that's rich and deep is crap."
-Stefan Molyneux

Weston Dupree

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 01:38:26 AM »
+1
When he said "Someone from FDR filed a copyright claim..." it's like he's trying to act like maybe HE wasn't involved in the decision. Give me a break.

I have a question. If the videos didn't really have any commentary do they not count under fair use? I think all of the Tru Shibes videos had some commentary anyway.

Argent

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +83
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 02:19:44 AM »
Well, to his benefit I guess the family already has a lawyer who is familiar with the goings on at FDR.

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +318
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 03:21:16 AM »
+1
Kinda befitting that its a woman thats suing Stefan.  8)
Tru Shibes needs to call in on the freedom feens and tell her story and make everyone aware she is suing Stefan. Its harder to ignore a person when you know the person, when before it was just a fictional dog character.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:26:58 AM by Mike_Lice »

MyOnlyFarph

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 03:31:35 AM »
+1
Great news, I'm glad she's taking it to the next step. They dug themselves in pretty deep with all this lying. Hopefully we'll witness a favorable end. Think I'll donate a bit...

Loner

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 06:58:04 AM »
  I don't identify with the joy of hearing about the troubles or potential downfall of Molyneux. His success & his problems are both due to narcissism. Though I believe in limited free-will, Stefan has less free-will due to his personality. He may be a hypocrite but he also does a great job of showing the hypocrisy of the state, feminism, culture & political correctness. And he is magnificent theatre which keeps us all very interested in his life. I'd be sad to see him disappear from public life.

IAmMe

• FDR Interested
  • Going balls out all the way!
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 08:52:11 AM »
+1
A search of Stefan's own FDR forum shows no signs of anyone raising this legal issue in any way shape or form.

It's all.....oh....so....quiet........ :-X

marly qq

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
+1
wow. this is incredibly brave from tru shibes, on several levels. i wish you all the best

stefan really messed up on the joe rogan show when he gave his support over demarco's actions and openly admitted to filing a claim under false pretences (the latter being particularly daft). what all have FDR publicly said about dmca gate, anyone know?  there has been: stef on the joe rogan show; stef in a podcast briefly berating people for talking about dmca; and demarco with that forum post on fdr "because people have asked...". those 3 instances is everything that's been said in public, right?

TruShibite

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 10:11:09 AM »
+1
Stefan molyneux is being sued by a woman? Brace yourself... More misogynistic rants are coming

FishboneMash

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »
I have had doubts as to how much MMD consulted with his holy master before taking such a drastic action.   In fact, I find MMD to be a much more disturbing personality than The Man himself.

I agree with this. I can totally understand how Stef can live with himself, given his personality. After all, he's the one who gets to bask in all the praise and attention. Meanwhile, MMD is like the coat that lays itself over puddles of water for the Great Philosopher to stride over. The fact that he would enjoy such a role as much as he seems to is quite disturbing, indeed.

In hindsight, it would probably have been best for Stef to come clean but blame everything on MMD during Rogan's podcast and then get rid of him. Presumably, MMD has no leverage in the community that wasn't directly given to him by Stef, so no one would question the decision. And he would have saved face with Rogan and more disinterested libertarians.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:48:56 PM by FishboneMash »

Stink Insurance

• FDR Aware
  • You're gonna need some
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 11:28:21 AM »
Stefan molyneux is being sued by a woman? Brace yourself... More misogynistic rants are coming

The Truth About Estrogen Based Shibites

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +318
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »
+1
wow. this is incredibly brave from tru shibes, on several levels. i wish you all the best

stefan really messed up on the joe rogan show when he gave his support over demarco's actions and openly admitted to filing a claim under false pretences (the latter being particularly daft). what all have FDR publicly said about dmca gate, anyone know?  there has been: stef on the joe rogan show; stef in a podcast briefly berating people for talking about dmca; and demarco with that forum post on fdr "because people have asked...". those 3 instances is everything that's been said in public, right?

yep, interesting to note is that nobody at FDR named the trushibes channel by name when accusing 2 youtube channels of doxing. Its actually the FDR followers that defamed trushibes' channel.

trushibes
"Plaintiff also seeks damages for defamation arising out of Defendants’ published false statements about Plaintiff that she was “doxing”—harrassing and stalking1—Defendants’ listeners and callers."

MMD
"I received messages from several listeners about their calls/images/videos from participation in our shows being used to bully them online. This was spread a cross two different channels and they asked if I could have the content removed. Going after listeners is completely unacceptable and I used the methods at my disposal to remove the material. If you attack listeners, you don't get to use any of our material. That's the line."

jolly_roger

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 01:15:33 PM »
+1
I don't identify with the joy of hearing about the troubles or potential downfall of Molyneux. His success & his problems are both due to narcissism. Though I believe in limited free-will, Stefan has less free-will due to his personality. He may be a hypocrite but he also does a great job of showing the hypocrisy of the state, feminism, culture & political correctness. And he is magnificent theatre which keeps us all very interested in his life. I'd be sad to see him disappear from public life.

I'd agree, though there is one thing I would like to happen as a result of all this, that is in the realm of "joy of hearing about the potential downfall", and that is him being ejected from the liberty movement.
A lot of libertarians are saying he's a great communicator, and whatnot, but he was always oversimplifying the message. He reached the point of doing more harm than good a long time ago, with his belligerent misogyny and racism, and it's only getting worse.
The MRA's can have him, but I cringe every time any of his critics point out he's a libertarian.

yep, interesting to note is that nobody at FDR named the trushibes channel by name when accusing 2 youtube channels of doxing. Its actually the FDR followers that defamed trushibes' channel.

There's evidence that he brought down "Damon's" channel, and Tru Shibes' channel around that time. Unless they can come up with a third channel that they served the DMCA notice, that is not going to work as a defense (that's what logic would dictate, but I don't know if lawyer logic works the same way).
In any case the defamation thing is just a cherry on top, there's no way he can avoid getting blasted for a false DMCA claim.