Author Topic: Stefan Molyneux finds God-ish?!  (Read 31822 times)

Prodigal son

Re: Stefan Molyneux finds God-ish?!
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 08:00:03 AM »
. . but, crucially, there are no public announcements of these interventions, from what I hear, not even the person placed on monitored status, where their posts are vetted for censorship or suppression, is aware that it's happening.

Yep. From my perspective it's the secrecy that's the problem with this and other areas of Molyneux's activities. Typical of cults...

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +318
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 11:53:59 AM »
+3
I made another video where Stefan talks about how nice Christians are compared to Atheists and then Stefan from the past blows a hole through it ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVkaNF1g1ec&spfreload=10
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:54:06 PM by Mike_Lice »

mikef

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 11:08:35 AM »
+2
Stefan Molyneux's entire personality is built around the "fact" that he is the greatest philosopher in 2000 years.  In order to sustain that he constantly need people to tell him how wonderful he is and "thank him for all that he does for us". 

If he thinks he's started to use up one group of people he will have no qualms about moving to another.  And use any kind of crazy justification to do so.  At the end of the day, he has to have his narcissistic supply.  It might sound hyperbolic but his life depends on it.  It's like oxygen to him.  Because without that he's nothing, never really achieved or probably been particularly good at anything.  He'd wither away without his narcissistic supply.  And that's a fate worse than death from his perspective.

It's also why anyone that challenges any part of it is branded a troll.  His fragile ego struggles against even the smallest blows to it.  Hence, the censorship.  It's all about protecting Molyneux's perception of himself, more than anything else.  It's why he doesn't engage in the philosophy community and has walked away from the libertarian community for the most part.  The man is really quite fragile.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:15:00 AM by mikef »

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 04:54:13 PM »
+1
Even when I used to be a regular participant in FDR's chat, I often said his body of work and basic message could be easily condensed down to maybe 10-20 hours.  It's really a shame he didn't just stick to making a few quality works of a more educational nature on libertarian rather than thousands of hours of unqualified babble on every topic under the sun.  It's that continuous stream of material though that keeps people coming and helps to retain the TBs to maintain his insatiable need for narcissistic supply.

Yes something that only dawned on me recently was when someone said something to the effect of "you just took 2 hours to make a point that you've already made 10 minutes into the video."

I wish I could remember what video that was, but it's a bit difficult to remember since an overwhelming majority of his videos are like that.

I can honestly say I've seen the comment "your videos are too long, make them shorter" made at least a couple dozen times. Of course, within minutes, the collective of butthurt FDR lackeys chime in to chastise the original commenter for not having the patience to watch a 2 and a half hour video within minutes of it being posted.

I don't know if it would be that wild of an assumption that at least a good third of FDR viewers are unemployed. How else can they watch these hour long videos as soon as Molyneux posts them? I'm just kidding around but I honestly do wonder how so many of them have the ability and time to watch his feature-film length podcasts on a daily basis, as soon as they're posted.
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true." -Socrates

Prodigal son

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 05:07:48 PM »
+1
I take the liberty of sharing a satirical video that just appeared in my feed. It was made by a fellow whose commentary I have come to greatly enjoy and it is of particular relevance to this thread:

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »
+1
I take the liberty of sharing a satirical video that just appeared in my feed. It was made by a fellow whose commentary I have come to greatly enjoy and it is of particular relevance to this thread:

http://youtu.be/t_J97uXgb1o

Hah! I love it. All of the other videos posted ITT have also been great. I think sooner or later, any search results for Stefan's material will also be saturated with myriad videos critical of him. I don't know about anybody else, but a year or two ago I barely knew how to use even a simple program like Movie Maker.

I reckon that Stefan's material has one positive characteristic: being of such reprehensible content that it drove me to get off my ass and learn the basics of editing a video! Presumably a few others too, though I'm convinced that my skills are too rudimentary for anything other than simple audio overlays and text.

I can honestly say I probably would never have learned how to upload a video to YouTube in my life had I not encountered Stefan's material. I know it's as simple as clicking a few buttons for the younger generation, but, I'm happy nonetheless!
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true." -Socrates

Prodigal son

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 07:47:03 PM »
All of the other videos posted ITT have also been great.

I agree. ML really nailed Molyneux's duplicity - especially in the second vid.

...being of such reprehensible content

When I first started to become critical of Molyneux his actions seemed to me to be wrong and hypocritical, but as time progressed either I became more aware or, as I suspect, he gradually degenerated, so I think your strong descriptor "reprehensible" is entirely appropriate. "Depraved" is another word that comes to mind now.

[Edited: text removed in the interests of retaining a veneer of civility in respect of the Great One]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:00:57 PM by Prodigal son »

mikef

• FDR Authority
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 08:39:05 PM »

He surely is fragile.  Despite his claims to "self knowledge", it's obvious he either really doesn't know himself, or is just unable to accept it when it confronts him.  He mocks what doesn't understand as with determinism.  Anyone that criticizes his message is labeled a "troll" and censored or banned.  When criticism comes from the outside he'll lash out aggressively in narcissistic rage as with Tru Shibes and Liberating Minds to name just the most obvious examples.  He's clearly not a well person.

I was thinking about what you said in another thread also.  How once a person like this wrecks their reputation with enough people they sometimes end up mostly withdrawing from the world, taking their most hardcore followers with them.   At which point anything can happen.

With a person like this, that has constructed their own reality, if you are one of the hardcore followers or inner circle you are on tenterhooks around him because you just don't know what all his triggers are.   Even Molyneux himself doesn't fully understand his own reality, he only knows when something sets him off.  And while some of his triggers are well understood by many, others are not and can be the most innocuous things.  You just never know what aspect of reality will clash with Molyneux's constructed reality.   Which makes these people almost completely unpredictable.   And it's much easier for many followers to attack the people who they see as deliberately trying to set him off (even if it's just mostly someone making a rational argument) than to deal with Molyneux's disapproval or anger. 

Jim Jones

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2015, 03:41:09 PM »
I think sooner or later, any search results for Stefan's material will also be saturated with myriad videos critical of him. I don't know about anybody else, but a year or two ago I barely knew how to use even a simple program like Movie Maker.

This is why Tru Shibes had to go.  She had a few hundred subscribers and enough views to show in search results.  This would embarassing to have online during a great recruiting opportunity like the Rogan show a few days later.

It's great to see the backlash now with so many others offering up critiques of him.

I reckon that Stefan's material has one positive characteristic: being of such reprehensible content that it drove me to get off my ass and learn the basics of editing a video! Presumably a few others too, though I'm convinced that my skills are too rudimentary for anything other than simple audio overlays and text.

I can honestly say I probably would never have learned how to upload a video to YouTube in my life had I not encountered Stefan's material. I know it's as simple as clicking a few buttons for the younger generation, but, I'm happy nonetheless!

I've considered making some videos but just don't have the time nor can I stand to hear his disgusting voice or sift through countless hours of his materials.

That is really the hardest part. I've been trying to make a video for the past few weeks in my free time, but I just find it ridiculously grueling to sit through his podcasts now. As far as finding the material, it is actually surprisingly easy. I can't remember any video he's made that's longer than 30 minutes that doesn't have at least half a dozen logical fallacies. It is quite ridiculous, really.

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 04:34:31 PM »
+2
Because of the abundance of contradictions in Stefan's latests podcasts I made another video. Hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/8DAJYqP2P6M

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 07:06:15 PM »
+2
Hope you guys haven't gotten sick of my vids. Cuz here is another one haha.

https://youtu.be/IrHfCHQqAhw

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +769
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2015, 06:54:20 PM »
+1
"Talking with Christians without losing your will to live..."

according to the first few minutes of this video by Molyneux, Christians believe:

Genocide is good
slavery is good
enslaving women is good
beating children is good
selling your daughters into sexual slavery is good

so now, he thinks all that is "nice"?

@ 5:45 he says Christians are in a cult and don't know how to think.  LOL  ;D
@ 17:40 he says they are stone evil, "the ultimate curse and plague", and they want you dead!

@ 19:10  Don't talk to them.  Don't support someone that supports your murder.  They want you dead.  If you talk to them, it is like a Jew talking  to a Nazi, or "a black guy arguing with a Klansman"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:04:43 PM by money detonator »

mikef

• FDR Authority
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2015, 09:33:23 PM »
So atheism is pretty much gone out the window now.

How long before anarchism becomes right-wing conservative small-government minarchism? 

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2015, 11:29:47 PM »
"Talking with Christians without losing your will to live..."

http://youtu.be/XhzdKQT-h4Y

according to the first few minutes of this video by Molyneux, Christians believe:

Genocide is good
slavery is good
enslaving women is good
beating children is good
selling your daughters into sexual slavery is good

so now, he thinks all that is "nice"?

@ 5:45 he says Christians are in a cult and don't know how to think.  LOL  ;D
@ 17:40 he says they are stone evil, "the ultimate curse and plague", and they want you dead!

@ 19:10  Don't talk to them.  Don't support someone that supports your murder.  They want you dead.  If you talk to them, it is like a Jew talking  to a Nazi, or "a black guy arguing with a Klansman"

I made a couple of youtube videos where Stefan talks about religion/christians. Seemed that I missed this one. Thanks for posting

poopmeat

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +197
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2015, 07:16:48 AM »
Stef is strategically maneuvering himself to capture the 2016 presidential election voter audience. Basically the left is bad and the right is not so bad type of deal. He's been recently very verbose on how bad the left is and with linking that with supporting Christianity, he may be trying to capture a larger right audience. I think he's trying to be the philosophical Rush Limbaugh for the right.

Don't get me wrong he's not for politics but he is for making money. I don't think Stef really is all that into religion besides the $$$. I believe Stefan would justify his interest in religion as calling it a noble lie as justifying it by quoting Socrates the noble lie in his podcasts. Stef has the mentality that he and he alone can save the world. That he in fact has the special knowledge that he is willing to share among others. That if need be he's willing to take a hit and lie (like in the Joe Rogan video) to save humanity. This is ironically the same mentality Peter Joseph the leader of the Zeitgeist Movement has as well. I wouldn't say FDR is a cult however there is a strong cult of personality fandom there.

References:

Socrate’s “noble” Lie
https://esmancientgreeks.wordpress.com/2011/05/06/socrates-noble-lie/

Cult of personality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality