Author Topic: Stefan Molyneux finds God-ish?!  (Read 31816 times)

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +769
Re: Stefan Molyneux finds God-ish?!
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2015, 01:26:31 PM »
+2

These frequent animated rants make me highly doubt his emphatic pronouncements about being a "peaceful parent" who never so much as raises his voice at home, or interrupts.

Not only that, but the fact he quite readily uses guilt to get what he wants.

His daughter will probably end up having guilt issues when she's older.  She may well feel guilty just for existing and feel that she is fundamentally worthless and has no value as a human being.

Just imagine when she is a teenager and begins to question his nonsense.    Like all children of narcissists it's going to be a very difficult transition to adulthood for her.   

The other option is that she will become basically as narcissistic as he is.  Basically a toss-up between the 2 I would say.

It doesn't have to be a toss up.  She's at risk of suffering all of the above.  As has been said before elsewhere on this board, she is his biggest victim, because she doesn't have the option to leave like everyone else, including his wife.  She is in that gulag Stefan is so fond of talking about.

Face it, Stefan is a bottomless pit of emotional neediness that she will have to tend to as long as she hasn't done a full defoo.  There is a call where he says that when she is grown, he will be part of her life and her future family's life even if he has to "live under a bridge".  What is implied in that statement is that if he is living under a bridge, then he isn't welcome in her home and he's basically stalking her.  How would he feel if his mother insisted on being part of his life?

mikef

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2015, 12:36:39 AM »

It doesn't have to be a toss up.  She's at risk of suffering all of the above.  As has been said before elsewhere on this board, she is his biggest victim, because she doesn't have the option to leave like everyone else, including his wife.  She is in that gulag Stefan is so fond of talking about.

Face it, Stefan is a bottomless pit of emotional neediness that she will have to tend to as long as she hasn't done a full defoo.  There is a call where he says that when she is grown, he will be part of her life and her future family's life even if he has to "live under a bridge".  What is implied in that statement is that if he is living under a bridge, then he isn't welcome in her home and he's basically stalking her.  How would he feel if his mother insisted on being part of his life?

Yeah, it's kind of contradictory but Molyneux will be moulding her in his own image to some extent, particularly as she is an only child, and so she will likely have a tendency towards narcissism herself.  At the same time, as you point out, the father is always there lurking with his demands of her.   She is a victim, no doubt.  But some victims go on to continue to be victims and some go on to be abusers themselves.     Going on to be an abuser is for many I think, the easy path and just comes naturally.  Trying to figure out what has happened and undo the damage and try to live a healthy life is a long, hard road, but ultimately, in my experience anyway, the most rewarding I think.   

Prodigal son

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2015, 05:45:08 AM »
Trying to figure out what has happened and undo the damage and try to live a healthy life is a long, hard road, but ultimately, in my experience anyway, the most rewarding I think.

This is a prickly matter, or has become so of late. The idea that figuring out what has happened seems perfectly sound, as far as one is able. I think the power of observation coupled with a bit of philosophy can do the trick. I'm no longer in favour of shrinks at all. Those people have their own agenda and they can wreak tremendous damage. I speak from experience of several cases including my own. I do think we need a guide or a plurality of guides, but instinct seems to function quite well here and no formal relationship need be defined. We in turn can act as guides for others. It's the human condition.

Undoing the damage, however, is not a simple matter as we all know. Indeed, no reliable scientific method of achieving this has ever been identified. This is reflected in our inability to heal people suffering from serious personality 'disorders' such as manic depression who seem, in the main, to have to learn to live with them. Schizophrenia too is incurable as far as I know, and psychosis too.
It follows that also less extreme conditions, whether or not their causes lie in our past, are very resistant to change.

I know that lifestyle choices and willpower play a role, but willpower is impossible to generate in a vacuum. I don't know what spurs me, sooner or later, to get a smile on and get stuck in. It just happens, although many days may go by before that occurs in certain periods of my life.

I agree that identifying the source of our feelings is cathartic and can alleviate such feelings, but the damage remains. To delve into the realm of mysticism and genetics for a moment, as I am wont to do, it is posited by some that our feelings and struggles arise not just from our birth families, but also from ancestors we have never met. This makes sense, to me at least, both in the nature and nurture paradigm, because, in the latter case, ancestral preferences and behaviours clearly contribute to moulding the environment or perception of later generations (genes in the former).

I think that's all fairly uncontroversial, although when I relate the power, for example, of a family constellation session I am expecting to raise some eyebrows.
Primitive people well understood the ancestral spirit world, or so they imagined. These are tribes that have pursued their lifestyle for, I have read, up to 60k years. That country was Australia, but the figure of 40k is regularly mentioned (by clever people) in other parts of the world, though I have no idea how these figures are arrived at. It's a huge contrast to the short history of modern-day "mainstream" interpretation, in which the spirit world plays no part.

From the very little I know about it all, primitives understand what we might call psychological distress as evidence of communication or interference from the spirit world, and it is in that realm that they exercise their healing powers.
This brings me to the point at which I must introduce demons, although I am standing quite near the door and my cap is in my hand.
I have come to consider (and I am far from alone in this) that demons exist and can trouble us greatly. I also believe that they can be exorcised.

Speaking from the edge of the garden:

There is much interest at present in primitive medicine. It is in this context that some people have become deeply curious about the aboriginal "dream time" concept and started to use aboriginal healing techniques to cure psychological illness. I am told (and it could be total bollocks) that it works. That people, however skeptical, can undergo a brief session with a practitioner in a process of verbal interaction and laying on of hands (if I recall), and can thus be cured of even the serious and completely intractable conditions I have mentioned.

I know a woman who suffers from manic depression and has done so for all of her life. She is wealthy and has experimented with a vast range of different mainstream and alternative treatments available in different parts of the world, but her condition simply worsens. She spends months in bed with glassy  eyed stare and an apparent inability to respond to a friendly greeting, interspersed with manic periods in which she spends enormous amounts of money pointlessly and behaves in a haughty and ultimately insulting manner to anyone she encounters, before retiring once more to her bed for a few months.
Subjectively, she truly does seem to be possessed by some malign spirit.

Exorcism has a bad name in the West because it was handled by the Catholic Church, which organisation, I think we will mainly agree, cannot be trusted in its aims and methods.
However, it may be that if such techniques are placed in the hands of economically disinterested (not an automatic assumption - there are charlatans and narcissists in all spheres) persons of a less prejudiced nature, they can be practiced to  good effect.

Now, shall I retreat into the woods or will someone put the kettle on?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:46:48 AM by Prodigal son »

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +769
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2015, 02:29:03 PM »
Hey I made a new video, I stumbled upon Stefan leaving out information when telling the same story to 2 different callers, and then some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuygYjOS5DE

This is a great catch.  It takes a lot of attention to detail to find when he alters the same stories to fit the current situation (something he feels the need to go out of his way to deny, btw)

There is a Tru Shibes video where he alters the story about being offered, and turning down, lucrative Part Time employment in order to pursue doing FDR full-time, when, at the time, he made podcasts that said that he asked for part-time employment only to be ignored and let go from his employer!  He altered the story to convince his current caller and his fellow musicians to quit their jobs.
https://youtu.be/MO90S59mamE

Here is another recent flip flop I found concerning cops and the military:

Police Ambivalence - Call In Show - May 6th, 2015
http://www.fdrpodcasts.com/#/2969/police-ambivalence-call-in-show-may-6th-2015

At around 19 min. in, he tells the caller that 10 years ago, he encouraged empathy for cops, and wanted libertarians to see that they were victims of the system too, and not just  "evil fascist robots from hell"; “that’s just unfair”.

However, back then, he called them "killbots"!  Irredeemable killing robots!

he talks about "the killbot class" starting around 20minutes: https://youtu.be/RDudKTuYvOw?t=20m00s
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:33:12 PM by money detonator »