Author Topic: Dateline Expose of Zen Master Rama  (Read 3980 times)

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +761
Dateline Expose of Zen Master Rama
« on: April 10, 2015, 12:20:37 AM »
This is an interesting 1996 Dateline episode about Zen Master Rama, aka Atmandana, aka Frederick Lenz.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
Re: Dateline Expose of Zen Master Rama
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 12:21:04 AM »
+1

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +318
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 01:53:49 AM »
lol amazing how some of these crazy figures can find a following and get rich.

Rafaman

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +220
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 07:54:03 AM »
Incredible story.  This guy Rama made millions, some students paid $4000 a month!!  Moly would be so jealous. Rama lived in a $2 million dollar property and that was its value in 1998.

I did some research and found the following: http://minet.org/www.trancenet.net/groups/lenz/news.shtml
Rama died in a bizarre suicide taking sleeping pills and jumping into a pier off his waterfront property (which happened to be named Conscience Bay..oh the irony). The articles mention he was dressed in a full wetsuit and "around his neck had dog collar with a rabies vaccination tag attached". Crazy.

Rafaman

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +220
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 08:03:53 AM »
+1
The Youtube comments show despite all the quackery and clear manipulation shown by dateline some still hold Rama up as some god-like figure. I have listed some comments below to show the shocking dedication even 20 years after this death (a suicide). Just facinating to see.

Eg:

To all Rama bashers. You suck! Rama was awesome and did not do anything wrong. The door was always open for his students to leave if they wanted. Always!

I studied with Rama. He was awesome and there were so many miracles that occurred around him. I saw him fly and walk on air in the desert. He changed the sky and changed the weather. He would move stars. When he sat in meditation, the room would completely dissolve into gold light. He was completely omni present and knew everything going on in my life, and would answer my questions before I asked them. There is no doubt that he was enlightened and he totally changed my life.

Leonardo Zapata
6 months ago  ·  Shared publicly

Rama was a true enlightened master of our time. More respect and acceptance should be expressed here. His teachings are tremendously beautiful and powerful, transformative and inexpressibly elevating. Several of his students became masters of meditation and some of them have also become enlightened, which is extremely rare. Although he may seem a bit quirky, his methods were radical yet practical, essentially revolving around working impeccably, meditating profoundly and taking the energy of meditation to become more successful, ecstatically happy and becoming a vehicle of love that goes beyond personal limitations and expresses a higher love that touches and transforms the world.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 11:00:42 AM »
"the 48-year-old rama’s death was a suicide by drowning with drugs a contributing factor. The Herald had learned, but could not confirm with detective lieutenant John Gierasch of the homicide squad, that a former security man for the rama has told law enforcement officials the rama was depressed because of lawsuits, brought by the families of cult followers — lawsuits which he felt would drag on for years"
https://freedomofmind.com/Info/infoDet.php?id=445