Author Topic: Introducing QE TV!  (Read 9452 times)

QuestEon

• Just some guy with a blog.
  • Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
  • What's your opinion? I'd love to hear it!
  • Respect: +459
    • FDR Liberated
Introducing QE TV!
« on: July 13, 2015, 12:11:23 AM »
+3
It’s your one-stop shop for the best videos about Stefan Molyneux and the Freedomain Radio community!

Introducing QE TV!
It isn't about winning the debate. It's about the truth.

Patience

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +73
Re: Introducing QE TV!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 07:24:16 AM »
Great stuff! Just one thing - the titles on the tabs are hard to read (pale pink on dark green) until a tab is selected. I'm viewing on an iPad so it might be a problem specific to that device.

QuestEon

• Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 08:12:26 AM »
Great stuff! Just one thing - the titles on the tabs are hard to read (pale pink on dark green) until a tab is selected. I'm viewing on an iPad so it might be a problem specific to that device.
Thank you! I just made the titles a little lighter. How is it now?

Patience

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:43:22 AM »
No noticeable difference. It is the titles for the tabs Featured, General etc. When unselected, the tab background is very dark green and text is very pale pink. Is the text transparent so the dark green is showing through the pink?

When selected, the colours change to lime green background with black text. Easy to read!

Disillusioned

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +239
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 11:08:42 AM »
This is great! Thank you!  ;D

I think a search function would be ideal.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:10:45 AM by Disillusioned »
“I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong.”
― Richard Feynman

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +761
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 12:03:33 PM »
... and if you get fancy ... tagging!

Kaz

• Ideological Gadfly
  • FDR Wizard
  • "Dangerous Liaisons" by Rene Magritte
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 04:02:42 PM »
This is great - I had my dinner in front of QE TV last night.

I liked the places of interest at the side and when I clicked the QE TV box, I liked the categories.  So much easier than nagivating youtube.

One quibble:  I thought that the SM and defoo defined video that you made should be more prominent, perhaps on the featured page.

Just because you have left FDR, it doesn't mean that FDR has left you.

"Taking responsibility for something and self-blame are horses of two entirely different colors. The former is empowering; the latter is paralyzing." ~ John Rosemond, Ph.D

QuestEon

• Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 10:50:32 AM »
Sorry I haven't responded to the comments about QETV! but I have acted on most of them--nearly all of the video suggestions were added as soon as people made them. I've lumped together some comments and responses below.

No noticeable difference. It is the titles for the tabs Featured, General etc. When unselected, the tab background is very dark green and text is very pale pink. Is the text transparent so the dark green is showing through the pink?

When selected, the colours change to lime green background with black text. Easy to read

I'm hoping you were suffering from a caching problem at this point. I have tested the site on an iPad mini and the text on the tabs were white. How do they look for you now?

Just a suggestion, but how about a section of videos, not specifically about Molyneux but ones that show evidence to oppose his views, perhaps on psychology or nature/nurture, or ones that expose his cult-like behaviour and psychological manipulation.

As a starter this one from Steven Hassan...

Or this one from Derren Brown...

That's a very interesting suggestion. I'm really thinking about that one.  What does everyone else think?

This is great! Thank you!  ;D

I think a search function would be ideal.
... and if you get fancy ... tagging!

I would love to do that, but due to the way the software works, I can't.

QETV! works by reading YouTube playlists that I create and automatically arranging each one into a gallery. So my "channels" are actually 7 playlists. That's awesome since I'm so incredibly lazy busy. Whenever anyone suggests a new video, all I need to do is click to add it to the appropriate playlist and my site software does the rest.

While I've been adding suggested videos almost immediately, the site caches itself for a little smoother experience for visitors. As a result, the video will take a day or so to actually show up in the mix. I could dump the cache every time I add a new video but I don't because did I mention the part about me being really lazy? it's more efficient to leave it be.

So, as far as searching, tagging, etc., goes, the only tool I have at this point is dividing the videos into channels.

This is great - I had my dinner in front of QE TV last night.

I liked the places of interest at the side and when I clicked the QE TV box, I liked the categories.  So much easier than nagivating youtube.

That made me so happy!

Quote from: Kaz
One quibble:  I thought that the SM and defoo defined video that you made should be more prominent, perhaps on the featured page.

I suffer from an overabundance of false modesty. But I moved it anyway!

I would still love a way to have a forum-endorsed or forum-recommended section. That's what the "Featured" channel is supposed to be. There are so many Molyneux-exposing videos out now, it's hard to figure out a system for this forum to narrow down to the top 20 or so. Still thinking about that...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:56:56 AM by QuestEon »

Disillusioned

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +239
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
Just a suggestion, but how about a section of videos, not specifically about Molyneux but ones that show evidence to oppose his views, perhaps on psychology or nature/nurture, or ones that expose his cult-like behaviour and psychological manipulation.

That's a very interesting suggestion. I'm really thinking about that one.  What does everyone else think?

I like this idea a lot. I especially like the idea of adding a category with videos about cults and psychological manipulation.
“I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong.”
― Richard Feynman

Kaz

• Ideological Gadfly
  • FDR Wizard
  • "Dangerous Liaisons" by Rene Magritte
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 11:57:09 AM »

I would have given this a thumbs up, but I couldn't find it.  Excellent suggestion.

Just because you have left FDR, it doesn't mean that FDR has left you.

"Taking responsibility for something and self-blame are horses of two entirely different colors. The former is empowering; the latter is paralyzing." ~ John Rosemond, Ph.D

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 12:57:02 PM »

I would have given this a thumbs up, but I couldn't find it.  Excellent suggestion.

That's weird, my post on this thread seems to have disappeared! Any ideas QE?

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 01:02:56 PM »

I would still love a way to have a forum-endorsed or forum-recommended section. That's what the "Featured" channel is supposed to be. There are so many Molyneux-exposing videos out now, it's hard to figure out a system for this forum to narrow down to the top 20 or so. Still thinking about that...

Could you set up the thumbs up button for the videos so we could vote our top 20?

QuestEon

• Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »

That's weird, my post on this thread seems to have disappeared! Any ideas QE?

Ha! I actually grabbed that comment from another thread and posted in this one because I was too lazy busy to answer each one individually (are you noticing a theme?). Here is your original post:

Re: QETV Sneak peek! And request for your input/advice

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 02:50:59 PM »
doh!

:)

Patience

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 03:18:52 AM »
Sorry I haven't responded to the comments about QETV! but I have acted on most of them--nearly all of the video suggestions were added as soon as people made them. I've lumped together some comments and responses below.

When selected, the colours change to lime green background with black text. Easy to read

I'm hoping you were suffering from a caching problem at this point. I have tested the site on an iPad mini and the text on the tabs were white. How do they look for you now?

Thanks for pandering to the whims of my iPad mini but it has a mind of its own. As long as it looks ok for everyone else, that's what counts.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:55:08 AM by Patience »