Author Topic: Tru Shibes wins?! Stefan Molyneux admits phony DMCA charge.  (Read 4310 times)

QuestEon

• Just some guy with a blog.
  • Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
  • What's your opinion? I'd love to hear it!
  • Respect: +459
    • FDR Liberated
Tru Shibes wins?! Stefan Molyneux admits phony DMCA charge.
« on: December 18, 2015, 10:02:23 PM »
+5
Tru Shibes wins?!  Stefan Molyneux admits phony DMCA charge.

Has Tru Shibes won? Just when Stefan Molyneux thought it was safe to start asking for money again, his lies re-surface in spectacular fashion. And a bonus Quickie!FDR Liberated forum members shred Molyneux’s lies about defooing.

Related to this--as the Addendum notes--since the Tru Shibes channel has been restored to YouTube, I have been able to restore the feed to QETV! See 'em all right here!

PS. In total honesty, I have to admit I stole the Vogon joke from Patience. Mea culpa.

PPS. Please feel free to hit those share buttons!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:05:27 PM by QuestEon »
It isn't about winning the debate. It's about the truth.

QuestEon

• Just some guy with a blog.
  • Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
  • What's your opinion? I'd love to hear it!
  • Respect: +459
    • FDR Liberated
Re: Tru Shibes wins?! Stefan Molyneux admits phony DMCA charge.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 04:01:36 AM »
+3
I'll be darned.

I know it doesn't read like it, but I spent a couple days on this post.

So...I just published it--feeling all super smart about my unique insights and whatnot--and then ran across Dana Nutter's blog about an hour ago. He had already done a great dissection of Molyneux's Public LIE Statement.

Check it out here!  The Cult Still Clouds 'The Truth': Freedumbing Radio's Weasly Response
It isn't about winning the debate. It's about the truth.

RecentlyBanned

• Banned
  • FDR Authority
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 08:12:26 AM »
Anyone who thinks doxxing is free speech, as Dana Nutter clearly states, isn't one to be trusted on speech issues or civilization issues.   

CupOTea

• FDR Authority
  • There is no greater freedom than freedom of mind.
  • Respect: +168
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 01:09:59 PM »
Anyone who thinks doxxing is free speech, as Dana Nutter clearly states, isn't one to be trusted on speech issues or civilization issues.

I looked the article over and didn't see where Dana Nutter said doxxing is free speech.  Could you post that part for us?
Real men, proper big hairy real men who fight wild animals, naked, in the wilderness, with just a hammer and a copy of UPB, would shout, in their big hairy K-selected manly voices "look at me, I'm K-selected and I'm kicking this bear's ass, and I haven't got any pants on!"   : o )

RecentlyBanned

• Banned
  • FDR Authority
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »
I'm in my phone, so cannot cut and paste.   

The exact quote is, "Doxxing, though not nice, is nothing more than someone exercising free speech, thus not a justification of these actions."   (Where "these actions" refers to Molyneux's DMCA claim.)

CupOTea

• FDR Authority
  • There is no greater freedom than freedom of mind.
  • Respect: +168
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »

The exact quote is, "Doxxing, though not nice, is nothing more than someone exercising free speech, thus not a justification of these actions."   (Where "these actions" refers to Molyneux's DMCA claim.)

I agree it is a weird statement, but not paying attention to his article because of one weird statement is equivalent to pouring the baby out with the bath water.  The article makes very good points. 
Real men, proper big hairy real men who fight wild animals, naked, in the wilderness, with just a hammer and a copy of UPB, would shout, in their big hairy K-selected manly voices "look at me, I'm K-selected and I'm kicking this bear's ass, and I haven't got any pants on!"   : o )

RecentlyBanned

• Banned
  • FDR Authority
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 03:55:23 PM »

I agree it is a weird statement, but not paying attention to his article because of one weird statement is equivalent to pouring the baby out with the bath water.  The article makes very good points.

It's not just a weird statement, though.

It's a statement that strongly suggest the author doesn't understand the relationship between violence and free speech.   When violence good unchecked, free speech becomes impossible.   And doxxing is violence.   

While the article is good, I don't think it makes any earth-shattering points that can't be gleaned from other sources.   So I don't see the point in associating with Dana Nutter.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:57:06 PM by RecentlyBanned »

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +761
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 04:21:52 PM »

It's not just a weird statement, though.

It's a statement that strongly suggest the author doesn't understand the relationship between violence and free speech.   When violence good unchecked, free speech becomes impossible.   And doxxing is violence.   

While the article is good, I don't think it makes any earth-shattering points that can't be gleaned from other sources.   So I don't see the point in associating with Dana Nutter.

This guy explains it well, I think: