Author Topic: Stefan Molyneux, the BBC, and the Truth  (Read 4878 times)

QuestEon

• Just some guy with a blog.
  • Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
  • What's your opinion? I'd love to hear it!
  • Respect: +463
    • FDR Liberated
Stefan Molyneux, the BBC, and the Truth
« on: July 16, 2010, 01:30:15 AM »
Read the article here:  Stefan Molyneux, the BBC, and the Truth

Read the archive of previous comments on Liberating Minds here:  Liberating Minds--Stefan Molyneux, the BBC, and the Truth

And please...continue the discussion below!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:43:50 PM by QuestEon »
It isn't about winning the debate. It's about the truth.

Flower

• FDR Curious
  • Respect: 0
Re: Stefan Molyneux, the BBC, and the Truth
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 06:17:30 AM »
Hi, i remember as a young mum hearing about Tom and his family and wbat happened. It was really sad, i often wondered over the years if Tom had a some piont tried to reconnect with his family. Maybe that one day he'd have kids of his own and realise. Its a bit sad to read this article now, as its been nearly 10years. I guess the problem with any decision we make in our live is one becomes invested in the outcome of the decision, otherwise one has to see them selves in a negative light and alas maintaining a positive self perception is key to ones own sanity (regardless of who we hurt through our decisions) no one wants to see them selves as stupid, evil etc because we have to live with that so its easier for us to justify our decision through blame than shatter our sence of ourselves.

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +213
Re: Stefan Molyneux, the BBC, and the Truth
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 06:43:09 AM »
+1
Hi, i remember as a young mum hearing about Tom and his family and wbat happened. It was really sad, i often wondered over the years if Tom had a some piont tried to reconnect with his family. Maybe that one day he'd have kids of his own and realise. Its a bit sad to read this article now, as its been nearly 10years. I guess the problem with any decision we make in our live is one becomes invested in the outcome of the decision, otherwise one has to see them selves in a negative light and alas maintaining a positive self perception is key to ones own sanity (regardless of who we hurt through our decisions) no one wants to see them selves as stupid, evil etc because we have to live with that so its easier for us to justify our decision through blame than shatter our sence of ourselves.

Yes it is so sad that people are unable to admit such massive mistakes to themselves, I guess it's the sunk cost fallacy, there's so much emotional investment in the decision.

I wonder what the solution is? Perhaps a person could come round to the idea that although 'defooing' may have been the right decision then, re-connection is the right decision now.