Author Topic: Is Molyneux just another con man or does he really believe he's a philosopher?  (Read 3252 times)

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +755
Molyneux still not sitting at the cool kids lunch table:   ;D

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
I can find faults with all those people, but none of them are anywhere near as disingenuous as Molyneux is. All of those guys are examples of what Molyneux could have been, if had been more honest.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +51

Sam Harris has been openly critical of Molynuex, Joe Rogan has also been openly critical of Molyneux (saying anyone who listens to him is an idiot), so I can't imagine either of those two would want anything to do with Molyneux, Jordan Peterson has very very quickly - in just a year or two - eclipsed Molyneux in just about ever metric of success, popularity and reach, Peterson is a regular on mainstream TV channels (News, debate, politics and so on) around the world, I can't see him feeling the need to return to Molyneux level 'debate' when the the Oxford Union want him to squeeze in an address/Q&A between French TV and a flight out to do an Australian politics show  . . . I would also guess that Weinstein has probably never heard of Molyneux, Shapiro comes from an entirely different place (for a start he was, and is to some degree pretty anti-Trump), about the only person at the 'cool table' (or if you like the IDW™) who might further engage with Molyneux would be Rubin, but he got a load of crap from his audience after the last interview with Molyneux for not taking Molyneux to task, only fielding softball questions (this is a general ongoing criticism of Rubin) . . . . so yeah, Molyneux's not at the cool kids table.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:27:13 PM by Lupus »

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
You use the same talking points all of these slanderous articles use against Stef.  Its so boring really.

No its your blind hatred for Stef.  I don't care if you love the guy or not.  Its the amount of hate you have for this guy.  Its absolutely bizarre and smells of brain wash or a mental disorder.  I tend to prefer to believe its just brainwash.

I criticize Stef.  I also agree with Stef on my toics  as well.  I like stef  because of what he has to say. Not because he says it.  If he went PC tomorrow id drop him like a hot potato.

You know just because people like Stef doesn't mean they are brainwashed or don't have their own view points.  He'll ma y of their view points where there's long before they came across him.

Kronz21
Why do you call me brainwashed? What do you assume I'm brainwashed about?
That seems an odd comment for you to make about me...or do you think everyone who doesn't think Stef is the greatest thing since sliced bread brainwashed?
Lol.
If someone has a different opinion than you it doesn't mean they are brainwashed. Stef's followers are brainwashed because they don't have their own opinions or think for themselves anymore. They believe his faulty login without questioning it.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
Yeah the more you attack people unfairly he more people become emotionally invested in that individual. I've defended him great you just don't want to accept it.

Kronze you are seriously emotionally invested in Molyneux. I hope you can move past his sophistry and manipulation one day. You've commented on so many threads recently without actually mustering any kind of defense and responding in a clearly emotional manner.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
What are you talking about?  No one has ever been able to counter Stef.  Why do you consider criticism as bullying??

Maybe that's because when Stef is questioned by an intelligent person, his entire argument just falls apart. When you get past his bullying techniques, you see he has no substance.
As a side note - I just recently found a website about DFOOing and it's absolutely bizarre!  I'm not sure if it's legit or satire. Stef has a bio on this site where he described himself as the world's greatest philosopher....I had quite a laugh over that one. Lol..I'm reminded of another cult leader Raniere , who described himself as the world's smartest man. Raniere also boasted of many other achievements,  all of which were proved false.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
Why do you call stef alt-right?

This is a question I have asked myself before. I think it might be some combination of personal self-delusion and being a con man. There are too many red flags in the facts about Molyneux for him to not be taken as something of a con man. That's why I think it's a travesty that he's actually risen to be something of a more known celebrity now. Before he was a con man with a loose and small online network, now he's a con man who is an international B list celebrity. Like a televangelist, except a televangelist for racism and the far right.

For someone who has been at it more than fulltime every day for over 10 years, he hasn't really gotten far.  Even those that started their Internet celebrity careers relatively recently, and relatively unknown when a guest on his show, have surpassed him quite quickly.  For instance Lauren Southern, has appeared on Fox News.  Jordan Peterson has been on many major network news and talk shows.  These days, Molyneux's YT videos aren't getting any more clicks than before.  The ones that get attention are when the topic is him speaking with or about a White Nationalist or alt-right celebrity.  He doesn't seem to be able to generate much interest in himself anymore (i.e. just him yapping on about the end of the world or about how he wants money for his birthday).

Other YT personalities like Sam Seder can now be seen on MSNBC sometimes as a guest.  Sam Harris has been a guest on talk shows like Bill Maher.

Molyneux didn't seem to make it past a couple of appearances on Joe Rogan's podcast.  LOL   ;D ;D ;D  He's more like D list.

Yea, in grand perspective, he's not that huge. But he's still definitely way bigger than when I initially was involved. When I started hearing him be mentioned by friends from outside the libertarian community, and saw the level of YouTube following he eventually developed, it definitely signified a bigger status than before.

I remember the "red background" and "car ride rant" video days when it was much less professionally presented. The first 2 years or so of videos were more like unorganized webcam rants with a clever title, and his forum was like a smaller, more specific, more atheist alternative to the Mises Institute forums (which have no longer existed for some years now) that many of the same usual suspects would show up on.

The original FDR community was significantly made up of a group of online libertarian bloggers and vloggers who were fairly familiar with each other. It was simply a smaller and tighter circle then, when it came to the "intellectually active" online libertarian circles.

I was also part of that early Youtube community of political and philosophical Vloggers who would do rant and debate videos, and show up on message boards. At first, Molyneux really was more like another one of those (an amateur vlogger and blogger tied to the online libertarian community), just like the rest of us, except he had his own website and forum to draw people to and a product to sell. As YouTube became more professionally oriented and he got more money, he upped the presentation quality and turned it into more of a formatted propaganda channel, and he got a flood of new supporters with the alt-right turn.

In perspective, there was a wave of people who got into libertarianism in general during the Bush Jr. era, and that was what made me aware of Molyneux pretty early on. Since then, there is an even larger wave of Millenials, and more broadly what I call "celebritarians", who have gotten into libertarianism. There's a lot of "me tooism" and "scene baggage". It's still a relative minority political group, but larger than before, more organized in media, and popular in some younger circles. Often, it attracts socially maladjusted young men and young people trying to be edgy, as well as business schemer types (like Molyneux).

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
Everyone has their problems but these are the elites at what they do.

Stef is honest.

I can find faults with all those people, but none of them are anywhere near as disingenuous as Molyneux is. All of those guys are examples of what Molyneux could have been, if had been more honest.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
Actually Ben is now pro Trump. hes  even stated if he could vote for Trump now he probably would.

As for Peterson he's basically the same thing as Stef.

For the record Stef  has stated he won't do regular TV only YouTube.

Sam Harris has been openly critical of Molynuex, Joe Rogan has also been openly critical of Molyneux (saying anyone who listens to him is an idiot), so I can't imagine either of those two would want anything to do with Molyneux, Jordan Peterson has very very quickly - in just a year or two - eclipsed Molyneux in just about ever metric of success, popularity and reach, Peterson is a regular on mainstream TV channels (News, debate, politics and so on) around the world, I can't see him feeling the need to return to Molyneux level 'debate' when the the Oxford Union want him to squeeze in an address/Q&A between French TV and a flight out to do an Australian politics show  . . . I would also guess that Weinstein has probably never heard of Molyneux, Shapiro comes from an entirely different place (for a start he was, and is to some degree pretty anti-Trump), about the only person at the 'cool table' (or if you like the IDW™) who might further engage with Molyneux would be Rubin, but he got a load of crap from his audience after the last interview with Molyneux for not taking Molyneux to task, only fielding softball questions (this is a general ongoing criticism of Rubin) . . . . so yeah, Molyneux's not at the cool kids table.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
You use the same talking points all of these slanderous articles use against Stef.

That would be libellous, rather than slanderous, you should really learn the difference, it'll take you 2 minutes, it sounds a little stupid, like someone asking "can you borrow me $5".

Its so boring really.

'Its so boring really' is not an argument.

No its your blind hatred for Stef.  I don't care if you love the guy or not.

Clearly that's not the case, otherwise you wouldn't be here white-knighting for him.

If he went PC tomorrow id drop him like a hot potato.

Really ? Molyneux is already 'PC', there is nothing done by the fringe/extreme left lunatics that Molyneux doesn't already do, Molyneux demands trigger warnings before people express ideas or use words that he might be offended by, he censors opinions he doesn't like, closing down other Youtube channels, banning people expressing ideas he disagrees with . . . like the left go around labelling anyone on the right 'nazis' Molyneux labels anyone on the left 'satanic' (and worse), the left say 'punch a nazi', Molyneux mirrors this with him tweeting the helicopter emoticon (referencing "throw the commie from a helicopter"), and while the left never generally really get further than 'punching' (although I don't doubt there are more extreme examples out there if we we're look) Molyneux goes the whole way and says there needs to be a 'brutal' mass-depopulation of the 'r's (the left) . . . the left say we are victims of an oppressive patriarchy, Molynex says we are victims of an oppressive matriarchy . . . and so on . . . find any position held on the left, even the extreme left, and you can find pretty much the identical position held by Molyneux.

Molyneux is 100% a social justice warrior / PC . . . his targets and fears might differ from the left (patriarchy vs matriarchy etc), but his thinking is identical.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:55:55 PM by Lupus »

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened

Lol  ;D

While people like Peterson and Harris were working away, for years, in areas like clinical psychology, cognitive neuroscience and political science - at Ph.D level - Molyneux was dressed up in tights on a stage in Toronto pretending to be a prince. You can see the results of this in his attempts at philosophy.

;D Yeah, same with me, I refuse all the big $ record contracts and prefer to put my music out through my Youtube channel (8 subscribers, 2 of which are me).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:57:01 PM by Lupus »

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
Everyone has their problems but these are the elites at what they do.

Stef is honest.

Not an argument.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
Nope problem is I'm too smart for you. Sad you aren't smart enough to realize that.

Wasnt  trying to make an argument.

Yes I defend people who are being unfairly attacked.  I bet you do the same thing.  You attack him fairly I wouldn't be defending him.

No he doesn't demand trigger warnings.  Yes my ban people from time to time. I disagree with that but he doesn't make a big fuss about it.

😂😂😂  the helicopter meme is just that a meme and a total joke.

He there does but that doesn't mean he advocates force to do so.

Nope not really you are really stretching it and making some of his postions what they aren't.  You want to believe he's like this but sadly for you he's not.

You use the same talking points all of these slanderous articles use against Stef.

That would be libellous, rather than slanderous, please learn the difference, it'll take you 2 minutes, you sound a little stupid, like someone asking "can you borrow me $5".

Its so boring really.

'Its so boring really' is not an argument.

No its your blind hatred for Stef.  I don't care if you love the guy or not.

Clearly that's not the case, otherwise you wouldn't be here white-knighting for him.

If he went PC tomorrow id drop him like a hot potato.

Really ? Molyneux is already 'PC', there is nothing done by the fringe/extreme left lunatics that Molyneux doesn't already do, Molyneux demands trigger warnings before people express ideas or use words that he might be offended by, he censors opinions he doesn't like, closing down other Youtube channels, banning people expressing ideas he disagrees with . . . like the left go around labelling anyone on the right 'nazis' Molyneux labels anyone on the left 'satanic' (and worse), the left say 'punch a nazi', Molyneux mirrors this with him tweeting the helicopter emoticon (referencing "throw the commie from a helicopter"), and while the left never generally really get further than 'punching' (although I don't doubt there are more extreme examples out there if we we're look) Molyneux goes the whole way and says there needs to be a 'brutal' mass-depopulation of the 'r's (the left) . . . the left say we are victims of an oppressive patriarchy, Molynex says we are victims of an oppressive matriarchy . . . and so on . . . find any position held on the left, even the extreme left, and you can find pretty much the identical position held by Molyneux.

Molyneux is 100% a social justice warrior / PC . . . his targets and fears might differ from the left (patriarchy vs matriarchy etc), but his thinking is identical.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
True but Stef has done his own research.  Academia is grossly over rated.  A piece of paper doesn't mean you know more than another person

Difference is you're full of shit😂😂😂

Lol  ;D

While people like Peterson and Harris were working away, for years, in areas like clinical psychology, cognitive neuroscience and political science - at Ph.D level - Molyneux was dressed up in tights on a stage in Toronto pretending to be a prince. You can see the results of this in his attempts at philosophy.

;D Yeah, same with me, I refuse all the big $ record contracts and prefer to put my music out through my Youtube channel (8 subscribers, 2 of which are me).

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
Nope problem is I'm too smart for you. Sad you aren't smart enough to realize that.

Not an argument.

You call always tell the smart ones, they can barely put a sentence together without half a dozen basic mistakes and are all too keen to tell everyone how smart they are.  ;)

No he doesn't demand trigger warnings.

You know it's an odd trait in (some) people, that when a claim is made they dismiss it without ever wanting to see evidence to support the claim, to me this suggests a mind driven by confirmation bias, if someone had made claim X, I would want to see the evidence that had led them to make claim X, only on seeing the evidence would I decide whether claim X was true or not.

Anyhow, you are wrong, just like those on the left, he does demand trigger warnings, for example in his video 'ALWAYS BE NICE?!? FAIL' (Youtube) the caller suggests Molyneux can sometimes get 'carried away', this triggers a visibly offended Molyneux, who interrupts the caller with "what does carried away mean ? I don't know what the phrase carried away means" (he obviously does know what the phrase means), the caller responds with " . . .well, I'm about to explain it" . . Molyneux jumps back in with "what you should do is explain it before you use a somewhat inflammatory phrase . . . " (complete with all the facial expressions and body language of someone outraged at an imagined insult) . . .

So, cut it however you like to suit whatever idealised image of Molyneux you're trying to maintain, but put simply he was offended / triggered by someone saying that he can often get 'carried away' and responded by telling the caller that before he uses language that might offend he needs to first outline what words he's going to use in case any of them are offensive or hurtful.

A ... trigger ... warning. 

Yes my ban people from time to time. I disagree with that but he doesn't make a big fuss about it.

Really, he lost his f*cking mind when people criticised him for issuing DCMAs  ;D he was literally foaming at the mouth ! Lol. And what does making (or not making) a 'big fuss' about it have to do with the point, the point is - like the left - he bans and blocks opinions he disagrees with, even going as far as to use state force and 'the gun in the room' . . . whether or not he makes a 'big fuss' about it is irrelevant, the point is, like the left, he censors, silences and shuts down opinions he disagrees with.

😂😂😂  the helicopter meme is just that a meme and a total joke.

I'm sure there are plenty on the left who see the 'punch a nazi' similarly, a meme, virtue signalling, something 'cool' to say in the right company.

Nope not really you are really stretching it and making some of his postions what they aren't.  You want to believe he's like this but sadly for you he's not.

Not an argument.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:38:08 PM by Lupus »