Author Topic: Molyneux on Ruben Report. DeFOO and Cultism Discussed.  (Read 2890 times)

Lupus

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +31
Re: Molyneux on Ruben Report. DeFOO and Cultism Discussed.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2018, 10:56:59 PM »
I fact check, you feel check.

Not an argument.

Nope its just told complex  for you to understand.

Not an argument.

You care too much about presentation not enough about substance.

Not an argument.

That's why I put it in quotes.  Of course anyone you don't agree with is just putting a "spin" on it.

Not an argument.

You people put your own negative spin on what Stef is about.  Its slander and propaganda against Stef nothing more.

Not an argument.

The people who sound like insecure narcissists are the anti Stef people like you.

Not an argument.

The fact of the matter is Stef is right.

Not an argument.

Oh yeah milking people from a show that is absolutely free.😂😂😂😂

Molyneux: "remember the show is not free, repeat after me, the show is not free" (FDR 3683)

Molyneux: "help out the show, nothing is for free, don't be a freeloader, free rider" (Women unhappier than men / Youtube)

Molyneux: "if you're consuming this show without contributing financially to it, you are a free rider" (250,000 Subscribers! / Youtube)

Molyneux: "There is no such thing as free, and everyone who tries to tell you there is something you can get for free is giving you the drug called delusion in order to enslave you" (The Truth About Bernie Sanders / Youtube)

Molyneux: "I have to keep pointing out the people, no such thing as free, there's no such thing as free" (FDR 3051)

Molyneux: ['my show'] "you’ve got to pay for it" (FDR 3143)

Molyneux: "if you listen to the show you should damn well donate, otherwise you’re a free rider" (FDR 3264)

Molyneux: "If you are consuming these resources, you know they’re not free" (100,000,000+ / YouTube)

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2018, 12:08:00 AM »
Ironically neither is stating something isn't an argument.  I've always wanted to say that to step.

Stef tends to say things for effect.  Its Cleary free whether he wants to admit it or not.  Anyways you can't be a free loader if its not free .

I fact check, you feel check.

Not an argument.

Nope its just told complex  for you to understand.

Not an argument.

You care too much about presentation not enough about substance.

Not an argument.

That's why I put it in quotes.  Of course anyone you don't agree with is just putting a "spin" on it.

Not an argument.

You people put your own negative spin on what Stef is about.  Its slander and propaganda against Stef nothing more.

Not an argument.

The people who sound like insecure narcissists are the anti Stef people like you.

Not an argument.

The fact of the matter is Stef is right.

Not an argument.

Oh yeah milking people from a show that is absolutely free.😂😂😂😂

Molyneux: "remember the show is not free, repeat after me, the show is not free" (FDR 3683)

Molyneux: "help out the show, nothing is for free, don't be a freeloader, free rider" (Women unhappier than men / Youtube)

Molyneux: "if you're consuming this show without contributing financially to it, you are a free rider" (250,000 Subscribers! / Youtube)

Molyneux: "There is no such thing as free, and everyone who tries to tell you there is something you can get for free is giving you the drug called delusion in order to enslave you" (The Truth About Bernie Sanders / Youtube)

Molyneux: "I have to keep pointing out the people, no such thing as free, there's no such thing as free" (FDR 3051)

Molyneux: "if you listen to the show you should damn well donate, otherwise you’re a free rider" (FDR 3264)

Molyneux: "If you are consuming these resources, you know they’re not free" (100,000,000+ / YouTube)

Lupus

• FDR Aware
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2018, 01:21:02 AM »
Ironically neither is stating something isn't an argument.  I've always wanted to say that to step.

Obviously.

Stef tends to say things for effect.  Its Cleary free whether he wants to admit it or not.  Anyways you can't be a free loader if its not free .

You are confusing things that are free (there is no attached charge) and things that are freely available or accessible (but come with a cost).

A good example might be those newspaper stands where you open the little glass door, help yourself to a paper, but are expected to put 50p (or whatever) into the coin slot or receptacle, we used to have these in London, the paper was not free, it cost 50p, but there was nothing to stop you taking the paper without paying as it was freely accessible . . . the same is true of various European public transport systems, you can enter and use the system (buses / tubes) and are expected to pay, but the payment is often unenforced (or unenforceable) . . . we also have a bicycle hire schemes here in London, same deal, help yourself to a bicycle, cycle around and then pay through various methods, but again it's trivial to not pay and walk off . . . . these honour systems mostly work, and where they don't work they die off.

Molyneux's material is not free, he clearly states it's not free, he really couldn't be clearer on this, in fact he goes further and says of people like yourself are attempting to 'delude people in order to enslave them' by saying his output is free. He wants paying for it, he expects (at least) ¢50 a show for every view (of course he doesn't get this) - he may have set up shop on a freely accessible platform (Youtube), but in his opinion this isn't to be confused with his material being free to consume.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +747
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2018, 06:05:30 PM »
Dave just damaged the credibility of his own platform by allowing Molyneux on.  It's shame he doesn't recognize this.

I laughed when Dave said (in part 2) at the 6:00 mark, "Are you troubled by it?  Because I don't know that I've gotten that exactly through your videos..."    ;D

I knew about Rubin splitting off from TYT, and re-branding himself as a "classic liberal"/ reformed Leftist, but wow... 

https://youtu.be/Rgx9PKr0i-U

The Observer

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2018, 07:12:13 PM »
Dave just damaged the credibility of his own platform by allowing Molyneux on.  It's shame he doesn't recognize this.

I laughed when Dave said (in part 2) at the 6:00 mark, "Are you troubled by it?  Because I don't know that I've gotten that exactly through your videos..."    ;D

I knew about Rubin splitting off from TYT, and re-branding himself as a "classic liberal"/ reformed Leftist, but wow... 

http://youtu.be/Rgx9PKr0i-U

I like Dave, and I thought he was a lot more genuine than most people. Perhaps I am wrong and he is just acting the role.  I have no way to know.  I think he's a bit more naive about some of his guests than some of the others in his position.  Is Rubin really funded by the Koch brothers??  Aye yai yai if that's true.

Jordan Peterson and many others have both talked about the importance of having conversations with people that most would see as racists, in that it could help change their view.  I see their point, and think I agree.  I used to be of the camp that it's better just to not give them a platform to speak, but I think that might just make things worse if we try to cover it up.  Shine the light and roaches scatter, as they say.

I put out my last video a few weeks ago (a comparison of Peterson and Molyneux).  I touched on most of the things that have bothered me about Molyneux.  I'm considering deleting a lot of my older videos, since someone pointed out recently that what I was doing looked like I was picking on him.  I think they had a point in that I don't need to have 20+ videos about the guy, when the last video I did sums up most of the points of all my videos. 

I got really tired of him:

-bullying his guests who were seeking his help
-complaining about entitlements while he is one of the most entitled, free-riders on the internet
-his resentments towards academia and the publishers for not accepting his mediocre work
-his laziness of not improving his ideas and pretending they are fine the way they are
-and his refusal to accept that criticism from people that were only trying to help.  He thinks he's Tom Leykis if he ignores criticism.  ;D

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +747
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2018, 08:19:21 PM »
+1
I put out my last video a few weeks ago (a comparison of Peterson and Molyneux).  I touched on most of the things that have bothered me about Molyneux.  I'm considering deleting a lot of my older videos, since someone pointed out recently that what I was doing looked like I was picking on him.  I think they had a point in that I don't need to have 20+ videos about the guy, when the last video I did sums up most of the points of all my videos. 

I have a suggestion/ request, that instead of deleting your videos, just make them unlisted.  That way, existing embedding and links won't get broken. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:04:21 PM by money detonator »

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2018, 08:47:32 PM »
Incorrect, if nothing can happen to you if you don't pay then its free

Obviously.

You are confusing things that are free (there is no attached charge) and things that are freely available or accessible (but come with a cost).

A good example might be those newspaper stands where you open the little glass door, help yourself to a paper, but are expected to put 50p (or whatever) into the coin slot or receptacle, we used to have these in London, the paper was not free, it cost 50p, but there was nothing to stop you taking the paper without paying as it was freely accessible . . . the same is true of various European public transport systems, you can enter and use the system (buses / tubes) and are expected to pay, but the payment is often unenforced (or unenforceable) . . . we also have a bicycle hire schemes here in London, same deal, help yourself to a bicycle, cycle around and then pay through various methods, but again it's trivial to not pay and walk off . . . . these honour systems mostly work, and where they don't work they die off.

Molyneux's material is not free, he clearly states it's not free, he really couldn't be clearer on this, in fact he goes further and says of people like yourself are attempting to 'delude people in order to enslave them' by saying his output is free. He wants paying for it, he expects (at least) ¢50 a show for every view (of course he doesn't get this) - he may have set up shop on a freely accessible platform (Youtube), but in his opinion this isn't to be confused with his material being free to consume.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2018, 08:55:55 PM »
Maybe its you that isn't genuine.  Did you ever think of that??  Maybe you're wrong about Stef.  BTW the kock  brothers are awesome so I hope so.

1.  I like that he criticizes  his guests and gives them tough love.

2. He gives out his stuff for free he's not free rider.  The people who don't donate to him are.  Which includes me.😂😂😂

3.no academia needs to be criticized because its turned into crap.

4.  They are fine, come up with an argument against his.  No one else has.

I like Dave, and I thought he was a lot more genuine than most people. Perhaps I am wrong and he is just acting the role.  I have no way to know.  I think he's a bit more naive about some of his guests than some of the others in his position.  Is Rubin really funded by the Koch brothers??  Aye yai yai if that's true.

Jordan Peterson and many others have both talked about the importance of having conversations with people that most would see as racists, in that it could help change their view.  I see their point, and think I agree.  I used to be of the camp that it's better just to not give them a platform to speak, but I think that might just make things worse if we try to cover it up.  Shine the light and roaches scatter, as they say.

I got really tired of him:

-bullying his guests who were seeking his help
-complaining about entitlements while he is one of the most entitled, free-riders on the internet
-his resentments towards academia and the publishers for not accepting his mediocre work
-his laziness of not improving his ideas and pretending they are fine the way they are
-and his refusal to accept that criticism from people that were only trying to help.  He thinks he's Tom Leykis if he ignores criticism.  ;D

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 08:58:53 PM »

😂😂😂😂 its funny watching Ana get so triggered.  Man they are so butt hurt about Dave getting red pilled.

Lupus

• FDR Aware
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2018, 11:37:34 PM »
2. He gives out his stuff for free . . .

Nope, you're wrong, his stuff is freely assessable, but he expects to be paid. Molyneux himself has repeatedly made the point that his stuff is not free.

Again and again he makes the point that his show is not free, so how can you override that ? It's his show, he gets to define whether it's free or not, not you or me, and he emphatically and loudly and repeatedly - with no room for misunderstanding - states that his show is not free.

As I've said elsewhere you're confusing accessible and free, because there's no barrier to entry doesn't mean something is free - in various places if you want to fish or drive or watch TV (here in the UK) or many other things you need a licence, you need to pay for that licence, but there is nothing to stop you from engaging in any of these activities without a licence, of course there's a chance you could get caught (and there's a penality), but there is no barrier to entry, jump in your car, drive off to do your fishing, come home and watch the news on TV . . . there's nothing to prevent you from doing so . . . same deal with Molyneux's stuff, there is no barrier to entry you can access it all freely, but it's not free, he expects payment.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:46:51 PM by Lupus »

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2018, 01:44:24 AM »
He would like people to so sure.  I'd like people to give me a million dollars.  Doesn't mean I'm going to stick a gun to someone's head till I get it.

Learn what an exaggeration is and stop taking everything so literally.

For the record I've never given him a cent.

2. He gives out his stuff for free . . .

Nope, you're wrong, his stuff is freely assessable, but he expects to be paid. Molyneux himself has repeatedly made the point that his stuff is not free.

Again and again he makes the point that his show is not free, so how can you override that ? It's his show, he gets to define whether it's free or not, not you or me, and he emphatically and loudly and repeatedly - with no room for misunderstanding - states that his show is not free.

As I've said elsewhere you're confusing accessible and free, because there's no barrier to entry doesn't mean something is free - in various places if you want to fish or drive or watch TV (here in the UK) or many other things you need a licence, you need to pay for that licence, but there is nothing to stop you from engaging in any of these activities without a licence, of course there's a chance you could get caught (and there's a penality), but there is no barrier to entry, jump in your car, drive off to do your fishing, come home and watch the news on TV . . . there's nothing to prevent you from doing so . . . same deal with Molyneux's stuff, there is no barrier to entry you can access it all freely, but it's not free, he expects payment.