Author Topic: Molyneux on Ruben Report. DeFOO and Cultism Discussed.  (Read 3996 times)

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +54
Re: Molyneux on Ruben Report. DeFOO and Cultism Discussed.
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2018, 03:55:53 AM »
Its irreverent what he says.  The fact of the matter is you can listen to his stuff for free legally.

Yes, there's no contract, I expect Molyneux would argue from a moral standpoint rather than a legal one, but at the end of the day he doesn't know an awful lot about either so take your pick.

Yes hes saying its free but he wants you to pay.

No, he's clearly and repeatedly saying it's not free. I have provided numerous references where he unambiguously says his material is not free, whereas you've provided no references for your claim.
=
The proof is me. I dont pay and i listen to his stuff all the time.

Molyneux has clearly fostered an audience of keenly astute logicians.  :D

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2018, 09:33:48 PM »
Dave is a smart guy he knows what Steph says is true.  Even if it does offend some overly sensitive people.

I like Dave, and I thought he was a lot more genuine than most people. Perhaps I am wrong and he is just acting the role.  I have no way to know.

I've talked to Dave personally for about 15 minutes.  He really did give off a genuine vibe, but by the same token, I think he can easily get walked over by more assertive people.  I also talk quickly and a lot of what I said seemed to stretch his ability to keep up, so I wouldn't doubt that a lot of things Stefan says goes by him without him noticing.

Nothing but good things to say about Dave though, genuinely good spirit coming from him.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2018, 09:36:00 PM »
Dave is a smart guy.  He knows the interview is about the person being interviewed not him.  That's how a good interviewer rolls.

I've talked to Dave personally for about 15 minutes.  He really did give off a genuine vibe, but by the same token, I think he can easily get walked over by more assertive people.  I also talk quickly and a lot of what I said seemed to stretch his ability to keep up, so I wouldn't doubt that a lot of things Stefan says goes by him without him noticing.

I also think he comes across as genuine and decent sort of person . . . but I can't help notice he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, like I say he seems like a nice person, but the more I watch of Rubin the more he fades into the background, perhaps his problem is that his guests are usually professors, lecturers or even cognitive neuroscientists (basically intellectuals), and he's just not that sort of person . . . when the conversation really gets going between guests he essentially sits it out, and when he does add something to the conversation it tends to be a comment about the conversation itself (rather than the subject), about who he's interviewed, how well the IDW is doing, who knows who, who is touring and where, how all this stuff is great (and so on) and rarely - if ever - adds anything substantial to the conversation.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2018, 09:48:05 PM »
He knows plenty about both and even if it is the morally right thing to donate to Steph that still doesnt mean its not free.  Its only not free when you are trading money for a good or service.  Thats not the case here

Its implied and like I said it doesnt matter hes clearly not charging a thing.  At this point you are clearly trolling or you dont understand what an over exaggeration is.

Im actually a debater not a logican but close I guess.

For the record people who dont like Stef are the ones who arent smart enough to understand him.  You're cleary one of those people, sad really.  SMH

Its irreverent what he says.  The fact of the matter is you can listen to his stuff for free legally.

Yes, there's no contract, I expect Molyneux would argue from a moral standpoint rather than a legal one, but at the end of the day he doesn't know an awful lot about either so take your pick.

Yes hes saying its free but he wants you to pay.

No, he's clearly and repeatedly saying it's not free. I have provided numerous references where he unambiguously says his material is not free, whereas you've provided no references for your claim.
=
The proof is me. I dont pay and i listen to his stuff all the time.

Molyneux has clearly fostered an audience of keenly astute logicians.  :D

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +54
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2018, 07:23:20 AM »
He knows plenty about both . . .

Molyneux has no training in either area.

. . .even if it is the morally right thing to donate to Steph that still doesnt mean its not free.

It's not free, the person who decides whether their product is free or not has said - repeatedly and unambiguously - it is not free.

Its implied and like I said it doesnt matter hes clearly not charging a thing.

Define 'charging' ?

The dictionary, and every other reasonable definition, defines 'charging' as demanding payment for goods or services . . . by definition Molynex is charging for his material.

For the record people who dont like Stef are the ones who arent smart enough to understand him.  You're cleary one of those people, sad really.  SMH

Lol.