Author Topic: subjective  (Read 750 times)

summa logicae

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +40
subjective
« on: February 20, 2018, 01:45:18 PM »
+3
I was listening to a recent podcast titled, The Dangers of False Forgiveness, https://www.fdrpodcasts.com/#/4008/the-dangers-of-false-forgiveness-call-in-show-february-14th-2018, in which he has a caller on to debate free will. Most of it was insufferable (as are all his debates), with the caller making points and Molyneux deflecting, making logical fallacies and mostly bad analogies. Toward the end was an exchange at around 1:44:20 that I though encapsulates Molyneux entirely. The caller makes the point that we are all subjective beings, and Molyneux cannot understand what that means philosophically. The irony was enormous. 

The Observer

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +126
Re: subjective
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 12:11:38 AM »
Most of his more recent call ins have been boring, but I did enjoy this one.  I thought it was funny too that Molyneux failed to see how the caller was right about our own subjective experience. 

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 12:15:29 AM »
Wow, your bias against stef is ridiculous he freaking destroyed them.  Like Stef usually does but not always.  You claims against his comments are just flat out wrong like most claims made against him by his haters.

I was listening to a recent podcast titled, The Dangers of False Forgiveness, https://www.fdrpodcasts.com/#/4008/the-dangers-of-false-forgiveness-call-in-show-february-14th-2018, in which he has a caller on to debate free will. Most of it was insufferable (as are all his debates), with the caller making points and Molyneux deflecting, making logical fallacies and mostly bad analogies. Toward the end was an exchange at around 1:44:20 that I though encapsulates Molyneux entirely. The caller makes the point that we are all subjective beings, and Molyneux cannot understand what that means philosophically. The irony was enormous.

Lupus

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 10:50:55 PM »
Wow, your bias against stef is ridiculous he freaking destroyed them.

'Your bias is ridiculous' and 'he freaking destroyed them' . . . are not arguments.

'You[r] claims against his comments are just flat out wrong like most claims made against him by his haters' . . . is also not an argument.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 12:01:20 AM »
True but there is no argument made against Stef to begin with here.  Just hate and slander.

BTW speaking of things not being an argument.  Neither is your claim that my comments are just flat out wrong.

Wow, your bias against stef is ridiculous he freaking destroyed them.

'Your bias is ridiculous' and 'he freaking destroyed them' . . . are not arguments.

'You[r] claims against his comments are just flat out wrong like most claims made against him by his haters' . . . is also not an argument.

Lupus

• FDR Aware
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 01:03:41 AM »
+1
True but there is no argument made against Stef to begin with here.  Just hate and slander.

That would be 'libel' rather than 'slander', and no, nothing said here is libellous, your comment underlines that you simply don't understand this area of law.

BTW speaking of things not being an argument.  Neither is your claim that my comments are just flat out wrong.

I've not made that claim, I was quoting where you said 'flat out and wrong', and it's still not an argument.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:08:10 AM by Lupus »

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 07:36:06 PM »
Its slander and yes you did make that claim.

That would be 'libel' rather than 'slander', and no, nothing said here is libellous, your comment underlines that you simply don't understand this area of law.

I've not made that claim, I was quoting where you said 'flat out and wrong', and it's still not an argument.

Lupus

• FDR Aware
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 08:10:04 PM »
+1

Nope, it would be libel (learn the difference and get back to me) and no I didn't make the claim.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »
Its slander and you did make that claim bro, whether you want to admit it or not.

Nope, it would be libel (learn the difference and get back to me) and no I didn't make the claim.

Lupus

• FDR Aware
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 11:33:02 PM »
+2
Its slander and you did make that claim bro, whether you want to admit it or not.

Lol . . . read the thread, what you think is a comment by me, is in fact me quoting you, read the thread and check for yourself.

For your education . . .

Slander - a false spoken statement, damaging to someone's reputation.
Libel - a false published statement, damaging to someone's reputation.

So when you say . . . "True but there is no argument made against Stef to begin with here.  Just hate and slander." . . . 'here' is an internet forum, the comments on this forum are not 'spoken' but 'published', so if defamation has occurred here it would be libel rather than slander.

summa logicae

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +40
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 11:45:15 PM »
+3
I'm going to be charitable an assume Kronze21 is a paid troll.

Marc Moïni

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +56
    • marcmoini.com
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 07:38:36 AM »

That's what it looks like to me too.
lessons from my journey out of confusion and despair:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEy_JSW_saSvsiG6wFnB8DeYUzT26-bA6

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 01:57:23 AM »
Only when used as a noun, I was using it as verb which is any false stament about someone.  Doesn't have to be spoken.

slan·der
ˈslandər/Submit
nounLAW
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
"he is suing the TV network for slander"
verb
make false and damaging statements about (someone).

Lol . . . read the thread, what you think is a comment by me, is in fact me quoting you, read the thread and check for yourself.

For your education . . .

Slander - a false spoken statement, damaging to someone's reputation.
Libel - a false published statement, damaging to someone's reputation.

So when you say . . . "True but there is no argument made against Stef to begin with here.  Just hate and slander." . . . 'here' is an internet forum, the comments on this forum are not 'spoken' but 'published', so if defamation has occurred here it would be libel rather than slander.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 01:58:36 AM »

I was thinking the same thing about you people.  An entire site dedicated to trolling Stef.

Marc Moïni

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +56
    • marcmoini.com
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 05:45:09 AM »
+1
No. Here your comments are left standing, whereas on his site and on youtube, Stefan "Champion of Free Speech and Liberty" Molyneux deletes anything critical of him.
lessons from my journey out of confusion and despair:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEy_JSW_saSvsiG6wFnB8DeYUzT26-bA6