Author Topic: Trump introduces tariffs, is Stef applauding yet?  (Read 637 times)

Phil82

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +13
Trump introduces tariffs, is Stef applauding yet?
« on: March 03, 2018, 03:45:48 PM »
Has Stefan made an hour-long video defending this new initiative by his political idol already? Because trade restrictions in the early 20th century worked out so well for the world, good to see that history is repeating itself.

Generally speaking it's funny that Stef used to attack Ron Paul voters, because back in the days in his eyes Ron Paul wasn't an ideologically pure enough libertarian/anarchist for him. Now you have a trade restrictionist in the White House who supports all the flawed statist Keynesian/central bank policies of past US administrations with an added nationalist touch and Stef is basically kissing the guys feet.

Weston Dupree

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +63
Re: Trump introduces tariffs, is Stef applauding yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »
I could picture Adam Kokesh saying that Molyneux still believes in creating a free society. It's just that supporting high tariffs is his strategy for doing this.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
Re: Trump introduces tariffs, is Stef applauding yet?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 12:08:27 AM »
I'm a free trader but there is case to be made in using tariffs as bargaining chip and to use tariffs on countries that have tariffs on your country or that  subsidizes their exports.  Is a good one??  I'm not yet 100% sure yet.

As for Stef I'm glad he's not a ideologue stuborn asshole anymore.  However he's has criticized Trump many times.  You must not watch his videos very much.

Has Stefan made an hour-long video defending this new initiative by his political idol already? Because trade restrictions in the early 20th century worked out so well for the world, good to see that history is repeating itself.

Generally speaking it's funny that Stef used to attack Ron Paul voters, because back in the days in his eyes Ron Paul wasn't an ideologically pure enough libertarian/anarchist for him. Now you have a trade restrictionist in the White House who supports all the flawed statist Keynesian/central bank policies of past US administrations with an added nationalist touch and Stef is basically kissing the guys feet.