Author Topic: Jordan Peterson's videos with Molyneux  (Read 1007 times)

Faith

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +16
Jordan Peterson's videos with Molyneux
« on: July 11, 2018, 01:04:57 PM »
I haven't yet watched these videos where Molyneux interviews Peterson,  but I have to say that just by associating with Stefan, Peterson is making a total fool of himself.
Peterson portrays himself as an intellectual,  so why does he volunteer to to talk to an illogical, unethical, racist liar? I don't understand his reasoning here. .. Obviously Peterson could do a very quick check on Molyneux and see what's Stefan has done. Peterson must be aware of the type of person Stefan really is, and yet he agrees to be a guest in his show?

I didn't like Peterson much before seeing this,   but after noticing that he associates with Stefan, I have zero respect for anything he says. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:06:57 PM by Faith »

Bhez7

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +12
Re: Jordan Peterson's videos with Molyneux
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 07:12:49 PM »
Because Peterson is a charlatan, partisan, ignorant ideologue. He fits in pretty well with Molyneux and the 'IDW' crowd

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 01:06:02 AM »
Petersen certainly does get snow flakes like you all butt hurt.

Why do you hate the IDW crowd??  Yeah they're so partisan they're are multiple poltical parties within the IDW.  Shapiro-republican, Dave Rubin-libertarian and Sam Harris-democrat. 

Sounds like you're the ignoranant one.
Because Peterson is a charlatan, partisan, ignorant ideologue. He fits in pretty well with Molyneux and the 'IDW' crowd

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +54
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 07:30:12 AM »
+1
Sounds like you're the ignoranant one.

;D

Faith

• FDR Aware
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 09:01:13 AM »
Kronze21
You assume I'm a "snowflake" because I don't like Peterson. You also make the assumption that I'm all "butt hurt"...lol.  Are you saying that only liberals don't like Peterson? What makes you think I'm hurt about anything Peterson says?

I said that I didn't like him and that he makes a fool.of himself by associating with Molyneux, as Molyneux has proven that's he's an unethical, hypocritical,  narcissistic liar,  and Peterson should have known this.
Peterson had the ability to find out what type of person Molyneux was before agreeing to an interview with him. Why didn't Peterson do that?
Anyways, that was the topic of my post, and no one mentioned being "butt hurt" (Lol) by anything said by Peterson.

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 02:53:39 PM »
+1
I found out recently that Peterson has sold more than 1.5 million copies of his recent book.  That's what you call a best-seller. Selling 1,000 copies of the Art of the Argument, is not.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 01:52:19 AM »
Plenty of snow flakes all over the poltical spectrum that dont like Petersen.  Its usualy the left but not always.  However I like giving snow flakes a hard time no matter where they fall on the poltical spectrum.

Youre making a fool out of yourself by calling Stef things that he just simply am not.  You know making stuff up about people is unethical  right??  Not mention you're being hypocritical if you think its okay to lie and be unethical  but other people are not. I wouldnt be surprised if this lack of self awareness on your part is a symptom of some deep rooted narcissism.  Perhaps borderline sociopathy.

Even if stef is all those things who gives a flying f*ck.  Ill talk to anyone. I dont care who they are.  If you dont like that I got two middle fingers for you.  Im sure Petersen has the same mind set and its a good one.  Only snow flakes dont talk to people because of differences  of opinions. I f*cking hate commies but any commie wants to talk to me bring it on.  Maybe we'll actually find some common ground if we're  willing to look deep enough.

Kronze21
You assume I'm a "snowflake" because I don't like Peterson. You also make the assumption that I'm all "butt hurt"...lol.  Are you saying that only liberals don't like Peterson? What makes you think I'm hurt about anything Peterson says?

I said that I didn't like him and that he makes a fool.of himself by associating with Molyneux, as Molyneux has proven that's he's an unethical, hypocritical,  narcissistic liar,  and Peterson should have known this.
Peterson had the ability to find out what type of person Molyneux was before agreeing to an interview with him. Why didn't Peterson do that?
Anyways, that was the topic of my post, and no one mentioned being "butt hurt" (Lol) by anything said by Peterson.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 01:53:36 AM »
Petersen  is bad mother  f*cker!!  Got to love it.  Where did you get info on these book sales BTW??  Id love to see it.

I found out recently that Peterson has sold more than 1.5 million copies of his recent book.  That's what you call a best-seller. Selling 1,000 copies of the Art of the Argument, is not.

Faith

• FDR Aware
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 01:05:14 PM »
Excuse me, Doc Kronze....
You've determined from the fact  that I've criticized Stefan , that I have a lack of self awareness, am narcissistic,  and that I'm a borderline sociopath? Wow ...that's pretty amazing.  as even a real doctor wouldn't be able to diagnose someone that quickly and on that evidence. You should start up a practice Doc Fonzie.

Actually , there is plenty of evidence to prove that everything I say about Stefan is true - he even wrote some of the evidence himself.  Stef refers to himself as the world's greatest philosopher  (extreme narcissism ) ,
he listened in to his wife's counselling sessions (unethical) and he was caught lying about Tru Shibes (watch the Joe Rogan interview). These are all provable facts, and Peterson should have taken the time to investigate this before agreeing to interview Stef, as talking to a nut like Stef just undermines his own credibility.

BTW Kronze21, the only one who makes a fool of himself here, is you.

Faith

• FDR Aware
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 01:16:42 PM »
Perhaps Kronzie Fonzie should explain why my criticism of Stef (on a site that is nothing but criticism of Stef) has caused him to attribute all those characteristics specifically to me.
It's interesting that I seemed to get you so worked up (especially when everything I said is true and has been said here multiple times before). ....
You wouldn't actually know who I am now, would you , Kronze?

Excultmember90

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 03:35:55 AM »
+1
I think Peterson has some important points that he's made (superficially), such as his appearances on the Joe Rogan podcast talking about cleaning your room, but digging deeper into his philosophy made me become wary of him almost immediately. 

I don't know what else to say, but I just get this strong whiff of "something is not right upstairs" with this guy, so assuming he's just a conman I'm not sure is accurate.  I almost feel like he's a means to an end guy, even if the means are shady characters like Molyneux.

Faith

• FDR Aware
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 01:30:52 AM »
I know what you mean by a sense that something isn't quite right upstairs.
There was an unflattering article about Peterson recently published,  written by his former colleague and friend. I read that article , and then noticed that Peterson had made a number of videos with Stefan. After seeing this, I really have little desire to read anything he's written. How can you trust someone who is supposed to be an intellectual but who associates with Stefan?

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 04:10:56 PM »
The ideology is not central to whether a group or person is destructive or not.  It's about the relationship with the leader, and how much control and exploitation is involved.  So, person x, y, or z who represents a controversial or unpopular view may be on Molyneux's show saying similar things, but it's not the same thing if they aren't being manipulative the way Molyneux is.  The harm is in the nature of the relationship with the speaker.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:12:37 PM by money detonator »

Faith

• FDR Aware
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 12:56:27 PM »
It's a credibility issue for me. If Peterson agrees to interviews with Stefan, I wonder about his credibility. Even if he disagrees with Stefan,  (which didn't seem to be the case from what I saw, but admittedly I didn't watch much) the fact that Peterson is just on the show makes other assume Stefan is spreading truthful information, and it encourages more people to watch his videos.

My opinion is it was a very strange choice for Peterson to make.

summa logicae

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 01:42:48 PM »
I agree with Sam Harris in that you shouldn't give your time to someone not acting on good faith. Molyneux is a fraud, first and foremost, and a chameleon in his professed beliefs. The only reason a real intellectual with any integrity should be on his show is to demolish his facade, as far as I'm concerned. At best, you could say Peterson exhibited naivete in not knowing who Molyneux really was, and the history of FDR. At worst, he was acting in an opportunistic manner to gain more exposure despite knowing he was dealing with a very shady character.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:44:39 PM by summa logicae »