Author Topic: Jordan Peterson's videos with Molyneux  (Read 640 times)

The Observer

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +134
Re: Jordan Peterson's videos with Molyneux
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 02:48:53 PM »
I agree with Sam Harris in that you shouldn't give your time to someone not acting on good faith. Molyneux is a fraud, first and foremost, and a chameleon in his professed beliefs. The only reason a real intellectual with any integrity should be on his show is to demolish his facade, as far as I'm concerned. At best, you could say Peterson exhibited naivete in not knowing who Molyneux really was, and the history of FDR. At worst, he was acting in an opportunistic manner to gain more exposure despite knowing he was dealing with a very shady character.

That's probably what happened I think in regards to Peterson.  I don't think he had the time to really investigate what he was getting into.  He's a pretty busy guy these days. 

There's also an interesting debate about if we should associate ourselves with nuts.  Harris won't go on FDR because of this, but guys like Peterson argue that we should be able to talk to anyone.  I tend to lead towards agreeing with Peterson, but at the same time, I wouldn't go on Alex Jones, as it would damage my professional image.  Similarly, this happens to Stefan's guests.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2018, 10:05:53 PM »
Dont give me so much credit some people are easy to read and simple to diagnose.  You're one of those people.

That was good, very nice kronzie is actually the nickname my first serious gf gave me and it just kinda stuck.  Although some people would call me fonzie instead.  See this whole making correct statements about people isnt so hard.  You're doing it,  you got my nickname down. Its kinda creepy really we have like this unholy connection.

Its not narcissism when its true. Come on you would have listened in to if given the chance, I certainly would have.  Everyone lies but I dont believe what he said was a lie and yes I have watched.

Im not the one saying such foolish things though.

Excuse me, Doc Kronze....
You've determined from the fact  that I've criticized Stefan , that I have a lack of self awareness, am narcissistic,  and that I'm a borderline sociopath? Wow ...that's pretty amazing.  as even a real doctor wouldn't be able to diagnose someone that quickly and on that evidence. You should start up a practice Doc Fonzie.

Actually , there is plenty of evidence to prove that everything I say about Stefan is true - he even wrote some of the evidence himself.  Stef refers to himself as the world's greatest philosopher  (extreme narcissism ) ,
he listened in to his wife's counselling sessions (unethical) and he was caught lying about Tru Shibes (watch the Joe Rogan interview). These are all provable facts, and Peterson should have taken the time to investigate this before agreeing to interview Stef, as talking to a nut like Stef just undermines his own credibility.

BTW Kronze21, the only one who makes a fool of himself here, is you.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 10:09:10 PM »
You think im worked up??  Thats so cute.  😂

I can see right through you and into your soul.  Yes I know you.

Perhaps Kronzie Fonzie should explain why my criticism of Stef (on a site that is nothing but criticism of Stef) has caused him to attribute all those characteristics specifically to me.
It's interesting that I seemed to get you so worked up (especially when everything I said is true and has been said here multiple times before). ....
You wouldn't actually know who I am now, would you , Kronze?

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 10:11:39 PM »
Im a big Petersen supporter but he'll admit he has a temper issue.  That is whats wrong with him upstairs.  Shame really,  its one of the things I dont like about him.  I prefer when people can stay chill under preasure.

I think Peterson has some important points that he's made (superficially), such as his appearances on the Joe Rogan podcast talking about cleaning your room, but digging deeper into his philosophy made me become wary of him almost immediately. 

I don't know what else to say, but I just get this strong whiff of "something is not right upstairs" with this guy, so assuming he's just a conman I'm not sure is accurate.  I almost feel like he's a means to an end guy, even if the means are shady characters like Molyneux.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 10:12:30 PM »
Hes a true intellectual thats why he does associate with Stef.

I know what you mean by a sense that something isn't quite right upstairs.
There was an unflattering article about Peterson recently published,  written by his former colleague and friend. I read that article , and then noticed that Peterson had made a number of videos with Stefan. After seeing this, I really have little desire to read anything he's written. How can you trust someone who is supposed to be an intellectual but who associates with Stefan?

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 10:17:15 PM »
Peterson is someone smart enough to see a good guy when he sees one who's reputation has been destroyed by slanderous people like yourselves.

As for Sam Harris not really a fan.  I think hes wrong because you shouldn't deny discussing things with anyone.  Even if you feel they arent the best person.  I do like some of his views on Islam however.  One of the few people on the left who actually gets Islam.

I agree with Sam Harris in that you shouldn't give your time to someone not acting on good faith. Molyneux is a fraud, first and foremost, and a chameleon in his professed beliefs. The only reason a real intellectual with any integrity should be on his show is to demolish his facade, as far as I'm concerned. At best, you could say Peterson exhibited naivete in not knowing who Molyneux really was, and the history of FDR. At worst, he was acting in an opportunistic manner to gain more exposure despite knowing he was dealing with a very shady character.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2018, 10:18:41 PM »
Why are you so worried about image??  You shouldn't care what the haters think.

That's probably what happened I think in regards to Peterson.  I don't think he had the time to really investigate what he was getting into.  He's a pretty busy guy these days. 

There's also an interesting debate about if we should associate ourselves with nuts.  Harris won't go on FDR because of this, but guys like Peterson argue that we should be able to talk to anyone.  I tend to lead towards agreeing with Peterson, but at the same time, I wouldn't go on Alex Jones, as it would damage my professional image.  Similarly, this happens to Stefan's guests.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2018, 10:20:17 PM »
Why are you so worried about image??  You shouldn't care what the haters think.  I would go on any show you name even some far left wing show.  Doesnt matter if it pisses off some people from the right.  That's their problem not mine.

Faith

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 01:23:42 AM »
To The Kronz
Ehhh...👍👍
I actually don't give you ANY credit, since your assessment is incorrect. But it's so cute how you thought you were right. Awwww😊.... just precious.

Ask yourself this - what drove you to write a reply to my post just to insult me and to post your baseless assumptions on your diagnosis of my mental health? My post wasn't even about you, yet you seem personally offended by my criticsm of Stefan.

I wonder if others noticed how you personally attacked me, instead of trying to logically debate your position.

If you can't debate,  and can only attack, maybe that's because you don't have an argument to debate?

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2018, 05:13:51 PM »
😂😂😂😂😂  hey at least you have a sense of humor. 

Oh yes denial,  its one hell of a drug that sends you into a world of delusion.  Be careful now, you're dangerously on the verge of an over dose. You are right about one thing though I am a cutie.

Just trying to inform you so you can get the help that you need.  For the record you never made a point to argue to begin with.  Just personal attacks of stef.  Apprently  projection is strong with you my young grasshopper.  You need discipline!!!

*Punches juke box*, Ehhh...👍👍

The Kronz is leaving this crappy joint, eat it squares.

To The Kronz
Ehhh...👍👍
I actually don't give you ANY credit, since your assessment is incorrect. But it's so cute how you thought you were right. Awwww😊.... just precious.

Ask yourself this - what drove you to write a reply to my post just to insult me and to post your baseless assumptions on your diagnosis of my mental health? My post wasn't even about you, yet you seem personally offended by my criticsm of Stefan.

I wonder if others noticed how you personally attacked me, instead of trying to logically debate your position.

If you can't debate,  and can only attack, maybe that's because you don't have an argument to debate?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:17:26 PM by Kronze21 »

Faith

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 06:16:59 PM »
+2
Kronz
I have nothing to deny. Everything I said about Stefan is all true, and can be verified easily by doing a quick Google search.

My point was this - In my opinion Peterson destroys his credibility when he agrees to speak on Stefan's program, due to Stefan behaving as I described. Stefan has no credibility and I think Peterson should have been aware of Stefan's pat before agreeing to be on his show. 

How is there any projection on my part?  Projection would mean I had done the things I accused Stefan of doing,  and I can absolutely guarantee I haven't.  Why would you think I had? You don't even know a thing about me, so thats an odd comment to make.

Kronze21

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 03:58:44 AM »
Yep no better way to to deny something than to pretend theres nothing to deny to begin with.

So you believe everything you hear huh?  Hey you owe me $50,000 from the other night.

Destroys his credibility with whoom??  you??  And people who think like you....so what, he gains credibility with many others.  You got to do what you want to do.  Cant worry about the haters.  If anything haters are our motivators.

My comment about your projection was in terms of you stating I only personaly attack.  Of course you already knew that but  you simply like to move the goal posts to make your lack  of an argument seem more reasonable.  Not to mention deflect from the reality that I accurately called you out on you nonsense.

Kronz
I have nothing to deny. Everything I said about Stefan is all true, and can be verified easily by doing a quick Google search.

My point was this - In my opinion Peterson destroys his credibility when he agrees to speak on Stefan's program, due to Stefan behaving as I described. Stefan has no credibility and I think Peterson should have been aware of Stefan's pat before agreeing to be on his show. 

How is there any projection on my part?  Projection would mean I had done the things I accused Stefan of doing,  and I can absolutely guarantee I haven't.  Why would you think I had? You don't even know a thing about me, so thats an odd comment to make.