Author Topic: Molyneux tours Australia and New Zealand July - Aug 2018  (Read 10371 times)

Excultmember90

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +26
Re: Molyneux tours Australia and New Zealand July - Aug 2018
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2018, 02:40:56 AM »
Thank you very much Money Detonator, I appreciate it very much.  There's so much information to sift through in so little time, so I really do appreciate the help. 

I've making a 3rd video (on the Auckland event, where I found some interesting slip ups by Molyneux), and a 4th is in the works too.

Patience

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2018, 02:47:56 AM »
Sorry to double post, but I didn't want to combine the two because I wanted to ask something unrelated here.

Anyone have any links to footage if there were crazy protestors at the Auckland event?  Because I can't find anything, because I don't think it exists, but if something does exist or if there's other footage floating around, would someone please direct me to it?

I need your help, I need your help, donate donate donate...sorry, just joking obviously.

Nothing crazy about these protesters! - this is from nzherald.co.nz :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/national-video/news/video.cfm?c_id=1503075&gal_cid=1503075&gallery_id=196581

This includes video of the venue owner explaining why she cancelled their booking :
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12100627 

Here are comments by Patrick Gower, following his interview with Molyneux and Southern :
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2018/08/patrick-gower-was-not-destroyed-by-lauren-southern-and-stefan-molyneux.html

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:22:41 AM by Patience »

Excultmember90

• FDR Aware
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2018, 07:03:51 AM »
+3
Okay, video 3 is finished, but I am unsure on this one if I should publish it or not.

It is more or less, criticism of the Australian speaking tour's setup...but I don't know if it comes across clearly enough.  I would like to ask feedback if I may, it would be much appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9d_ectPFZc

Thank you to anyone in advance who watches. 

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2018, 09:33:57 AM »
This is another article with a video of the demonstration (large and very peaceful with heart shaped balloons, with short interviews with community leaders and residents at the protest).

The quotes from the venue owner suggest that some deception was used to book with them, and they only later discovered the real identities of the speakers and what they were going to speak about, at which point they cancelled.

Aukland looks like a really awesome community to have been able to organize something like this!

Auckland's Powerstation owner apologises for booking controversial speakers

https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/106002242/aucklands-powerstation-owner-apologises-for-booking-controversial-speakers

In an interview with Stuff, Powerstation owner Gabrielle​ Mullins said it was not clear it was the Canadian pair from the name on the booking.

"The minute I heard who it was I cancelled," Mullins said.

"I understand it's all about freedom of speech, but it's the content of the freedom of speech that I found offensive."

Mullins apologised to "all who have supported the Powerstation and who we may have offended".
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:08:11 AM by money detonator »

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2018, 11:05:23 AM »
Okay, video 3 is finished, but I am unsure on this one if I should publish it or not.

It is more or less, criticism of the Australian speaking tour's setup...but I don't know if it comes across clearly enough.  I would like to ask feedback if I may, it would be much appreciated.

Very good, well worth publishing.

Patience

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2018, 11:24:11 AM »

Excellent work. Publish and be damned!

Excultmember90

• FDR Aware
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2018, 12:11:03 PM »
+1
Thank you for the feedback, I was going to hold off, but I'll just go ahead and publish now.

I'm very tired as I've spent around 20 hours this week doing videos, so I'm going to take a break for a few days. 

Next video (already halfway done) will be on the Auckland cancellation event, which explores the possibility of there being deceptive planning involved.  It's a really weird story to be honest, and I'm not sure what to make of it quite yet.  RE: Money Detonator, I had read over that story and the more I dig into it, the more I'm confused.  There's three "official" stories, none of them are remotely similar.

One thing for sure however, it does look incredibly fishy and as of now I suspect Molyneux and Lauren's agent Caolan set this thing up to fail from the get go...Lauren doesn't seem complicit as of now but nothing's certain.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:13:59 PM by Excultmember90 »

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2018, 12:22:16 PM »
The thing with them is they are not enthusiastic ameteurs like Molyneux, when Sam Harris discusses some aspect of cognition or pscycology it's informed by a doctorate in cognitive neuroscience, when Peterson discusses the drives and motives underpinning politics or power its informed by a doctorate in clinical psychology, the same cannot be said for Molyneux.

I think "enthusiastic amateur" is giving him too much credit. Even amateurs will inform themselves on the relevant, credible literature of whatever it is they're interested in.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:26:07 PM by summa logicae »

Faith

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2018, 12:37:01 PM »
Excult
I think you did a great job on that video. And you were much more polite to Stefan than I would be 😀 (By the way he blocked me on Twitter as well when I commented negatively on his stance on gun control)

I think you should definitely publish it.

Do you mind if I ask if you are originally from Canada, too?

Excultmember90

• FDR Aware
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2018, 02:01:53 PM »

Do you mind if I ask if you are originally from Canada, too?

Canadian citizen, but last I set foot in Canada was 2005.  Probably the accent is a giveaway, but I'm just happy I can still speak English clearly to be honest. 

Faith

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2018, 02:18:07 PM »
Yes, I guess it's the accent. Lol.

I'm not sure what country you're living in now, but is Stefan well-known there? When I reported Stefan to the guy who operates Neo Nazi BTC tracker  (an American) he had never heard of Stefan, though he had inckuded Lauren Southern on the tracker. He seemed surprised at how much $$$ Stefan was raking in.

Excultmember90

• FDR Aware
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2018, 02:52:22 PM »
Where I live doesn't speak English, so naturally he's unknown here.  Among my Canadian friends though, no one has even heard of Stefan or Lauren either.  The only mention I've heard about any "alt right" personality here is Ben Shapiro, and that's from a politically interested American. 

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2018, 12:32:14 AM »
Next video (already halfway done) will be on the Auckland cancellation event, which explores the possibility of there being deceptive planning involved.  It's a really weird story to be honest, and I'm not sure what to make of it quite yet.  RE: Money Detonator, I had read over that story and the more I dig into it, the more I'm confused.  There's three "official" stories, none of them are remotely similar.

One thing for sure however, it does look incredibly fishy and as of now I suspect Molyneux and Lauren's agent Caolan set this thing up to fail from the get go...Lauren doesn't seem complicit as of now but nothing's certain.

There were many twists and turns.

One of the shadiest part of the story is the hasty formation of a group calling itself "The Free Speech Coalition", which is pretty much just the promoters of the event "Axiomatic" (they seem shady from the beginning, since I couldn't find any other events they've organized or anything else they've done even though they say they've existed for decades doing promotion).  I couldn't find any evidence of prior existence.  For an "online promotion" business that's been around for decades, they sure didn't do much online promotion of themselves!  ??? 

Back to the donation scam ... people asked if it was really a free speech issue, why didn't they work with an existing group with an established reputation (for example, in the U.S. we have the ACLU) rather than form this bogus fly by night entity.  Of course, because it is another donation scam to take advantage of the controversy surrounding the Mayor's decision, and framing themselves as the victims of the state trying to take away their "free speech".  It worked.  In a matter of days, they raised $90,000!!  I imagine that's more than they would have made holding the event.

They initiated a complaint but then withdrew in a few days, saying they found a venue and the event was back on.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12095069
The group raised around $90,000 to challenge the cancellation and the role they believed Goff played.
"While they might have the freedom of speech to come here, they don't have the automatic right to a venue that is funded by some of the very people they were setting out to abuse and insult," he [Goff] said.

Well, now that the event's been cancelled, and there's no lawsuit, who walks away with the $90,000?   :-\
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:02:19 AM by money detonator »

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +141
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2018, 01:48:33 AM »
He's pretty much proven he'll do anything he can to manipulate his audience to get money.  If his plan was to intentionally be banned from the venue(s?), that's pretty clever.  I don't think the guy has any empathy when it comes to his audience.  He treats them like they are stupid or naive, because sadly, a lot of them don't see through all the bullshit.  It's disgusting. 

One thing I became aware of this week, is that I can see one important reason why Molyneux doesn't care about ripping everyone else off.  He is not going to ever be able to find or create another real job.  No one will want to associate themselves with him.  If FDR ever goes away, what is he going to do? This money he makes now might not last forever.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2018, 02:02:44 AM »
+2
Most things were out of his control, so I don't believe he was deliberately aiming for any particular outcome except to maximize profits for himself.  He's good at generating controversy around whatever happens, and then making money off of the controversy and chaos he stirs up, even if it backfires (which only makes for more chaos to exploit).  That's his game, and it benefits those with no honor or ethics, unfortunately at the expense of decent people.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:56:24 PM by money detonator »