Author Topic: "Crying Nazi" Cantwell Enters Plea Deal  (Read 380 times)

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +755
"Crying Nazi" Cantwell Enters Plea Deal
« on: July 21, 2018, 01:29:07 PM »
White Nationalist Christopher Charles Cantwell aka "Crying Nazi" aka "Weeping Nazi" Enters Plea Deal

http://www.nbc29.com/story/38694309/chris-cantwell-court-7-20-2018

Cantwell before listening to thousands of hours of Molyneux:

After listening to thousands of hours of Molyneux, and adopting his message and advice:

Cantwell was facing two felony counts of illegal use of tear gas, which stemmed from clashes between white nationalists and those protesting them around the UVA Rotunda on August 11, 2017.

Cantwell had been scheduled for a five-day jury trial, which was to begin on August 13th. Per Friday's plea agreement, he is also now barred from Virginia for the next 5 years, is not is allowed to possess a gun while in the commonwealth, is not to have contact with the victims, and was fined $250.

07/20/2018 Release from the Office of Albemarle County Commonwealth's Attorney:

Earlier today, Christopher Cantwell entered a plea of guilty to two counts of assault and battery stemming from his dispersal of pepper spray near the UVA Rotunda on August 11, 2017.

According to the terms of the plea agreement entered in Albemarle Circuit Court, Mr. Cantwell is required to:

• Leave the commonwealth within eight hours;
  • Not return to the commonwealth for five years;
  • Not possess a firearm in the commonwealth;
  • Have no indict or indirect contact with the victims in this case.

Mr. Cantwell was sentenced to two terms of twelve (12) months, with all but 7 months suspended, to run concurrently.

The defendant received 107 days credit for jail time he has served relating to this case.

He's also facing federal civil lawsuits for harassment:

The judge also found Cantwell in violation of his bond agreement, which specified he was not allowed to talk about or reference the victims on social media or on the radio. The victims - Emily Gorcenski and Kristopher Goad - filed a federal lawsuit against Cantwell back in February, after he filed a similar lawsuit in January.

A hearing over the two federal lawsuits between Cantwell, Gorcenski & Goad has yet to be set.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:25:54 PM by money detonator »

Weston Dupree

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +62
Re: "Crying Nazi" Cantwell Enters Plea Deal
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:17:03 PM »
Of course I don't like Cantwell. It's kind of obvious why. I'll just point out that before he went neo-nazi, his show was kind of like an FDR companion show. If you listened to him talk about anything, he would find a way to reference a Stefan Molyneux video he watched. I think maybe some libertarians were drawn to all of the drama and his aggressive personality, so maybe they paid him more attention than he deserved (myself included).

That being said, ever since last August I was rooting for him to get cleared of the charges against him. Antifa and other groups like them are OPEN about the fact that they support violence against the right because they believe they're fighting "fascism" and "racism." In general you can't have it both ways, where you justify initiatory violence against your opponents and then act like they're the violent ones. I thought the media was very unfair by acting like the entire alt-right was responsible for the James Fields car attack while mostly ignoring all the left-wing violence.

Specifically when it comes to Cantwell, I don't remember all the specifics that well. I remember he claimed he was wearing a body camera the whole time. One of the alleged victims, Emily Gorcenski had been speaking out against him on twitter before Charllotesville and I think had been stalking him in Charlottesville. He did use pepper spray, but he claimed him and his crew had been attacked by leftists. I can't say for sure that he's innocent, but to me it seems like he's innocent of these specific charges.