Author Topic: Research project on Stefan Molyneux, help wanted  (Read 368 times)

Excultmember90

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +23
Research project on Stefan Molyneux, help wanted
« on: July 21, 2018, 09:36:52 PM »
+1
**Posted with permission from the administrator**

Hello everyone,

I am an ex-cult member (hence the cleverly contrived screen name), and an former listener of FDR for 4 years.  I'm embarking on a research project with hopes of producing a video or video series collaborating some of the more nefarious bits of information about Stefan's past, as well as his present behaviour. 

Basically, the video(s) I wish I had available to me before I made the decision to give him a listen. 

I know there is work done here and there, but it is haphazard and disorganised, so I feel a rework and collaboration would do wonders in getting a well polished presentation created so that others who are not aware of what Freedomain Radio really is, can have the information many of us I presume, wish we had to begin with. 

So for this, I want to ask (again, posted with permission) for people to share their experiences with me either by Skype conversation or PM, or on this thread if you want to post a public story.  Please note however, this is a side project to my full time job so I there is only so much I can do at a time.

To get in touch, please PM me and we'll go from there. 

Thank you,
Excultmember90

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +761
Re: Research project on Stefan Molyneux, help wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 11:07:55 AM »
Could you share with us what information you believe would have prevented you from listening to him, or believing him?

Also, why the preference for a centralized vs. decentralized efforts?

Excultmember90

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 09:14:00 AM »
Could you share with us what information you believe would have prevented you from listening to him, or believing him?

Sure. 

Personally if I how poorly researched his "essays" were, or how little he understood his philosophy, then I would have immediately disregarded him.  It was because he was so verbose and seemed intelligent enough that I couldn't fathom someone of that "intellect" could be so lazy to not check sources or bother to get his terms straight. 

As for the efforts to "centralise", I'm more or less trying to corroborate a hard hitting to the point piece for those that don't have as much time, or may not be entirely familiar with how to research, like the young generation for example.  But I don't mind adding to the decentralised effort either, because it is because of independent researchers that I realised just how far off Stefan was/is. 

Faith

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 12:47:53 PM »
I've never listened to Stefans videos until very recently,  and the only reason i did so was because I was told there may be a link between Stefan's followers (an alt-right group) and to the harassment I've experienced. I think that is probably true, and I have since read about many other cases of harassment by alt-right groups.

One of the first things I did to research Stefan is Google his name and see what info I could find and what other people have said about him. What I found did not shed a very positive light on Stefan.