Author Topic: "THE SILENCING OF ALEX JONES"  (Read 443 times)

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +756
"THE SILENCING OF ALEX JONES"
« on: August 09, 2018, 11:26:40 PM »
+1
It wouldn't be Molyneux without hyper-hypocrisy.  In his YT video "THE SILENCING OF ALEX JONES" he predictably argues AJ's free speech rights were violated by a vast conspiracy when he was de-platformed by Spotify, Apple, FB, and YT.  Anyone who knows Molyneux's past knows he has no problems nuking critics' YT channels or online forums he doesn't like and then use the excuse of harassment, racism, etc with no proof beyond his accusation.  Apparently, when the harassment and lies are well-documented and obvious, as in AJ's case, it's not OK to remove the material.   ::)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:30:05 PM by money detonator »

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
Re: "THE SILENCING OF ALEX JONES"
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 12:16:56 AM »
Predictably, YT's recommendation engine keeps throwing AJ's videos at me because bans always have the opposite effect.  First of all, traditional media all cover the banning as news, giving him more reach and name recognition.  If I watch the media coverage of his banning, then all the videos of him start showing up because of YT's dumb algorithms.  Either he's posting Infowars videos in new/ other YT channels or his fans are.  So, he's getting more coverage and reach than ever.  I rarely got him in my recommendations before this.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:19:14 AM by money detonator »

summa logicae

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 12:30:07 PM »
 Molyneux is just so far ahead of us morally and logically that it's not hypocrisy, though he silences critics. Maybe one day we'll understand.

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 03:49:28 PM »
+1
Thunderfoot made a short video that I mostly agree with.  He makes some of the same points you all did.  Funny that Info Wars terms of service were similar to Youtube's.   There is no right or wrong decision here because Youtube is a corporation.  Molyneux struggled and failed to come up with an explanation for why this is wrong.  Stating "they are a monopoly" is not argument.  Monopolies are just the nature of business when they become very successful and kill off the competition.  This is why we need some government. 

Anyway, here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojHiIbD18WY&t=2s

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 05:17:24 PM »
I know he is guilty of saying vile things, but how about hypocrisy?  Has Alex Jones been known to censor other people?

*listening to AJ's conspiracy theories on YT about his own bannings*   ;D

So far I've hard him call for government regulation and intervention to stop these evil corporations from muzzling the truth.  Then, he also argues the other side, that it is the evil Dems and government using the evil Corporations to proxy ban him, so it does qualify as an infringement on his free speech because the government is behind it.  He likes to argue both sides.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:34:58 PM by money detonator »