Author Topic: The origins of Molyneux's race and IQ agenda?  (Read 715 times)

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
The origins of Molyneux's race and IQ agenda?
« on: September 12, 2018, 03:57:12 PM »
I remember hearing a couple of times in shows where Stefan mentioned he was robbed by a few black men in Canada when he was young.  Do you think this is where his anger towards blacks comes from?  I did not write down where he said this, but it was in one of his shows I listened to sometime this year.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +58
Re: The origins of Molyneux's race and IQ agenda?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »
+1
By itself, I can't imagine being robbed like this would turn you against a whole race (that's not to say for a small number of people it might be enough) . . . but coupled with a damaged sense of self it might be a trigger ?

I was 'mugged' 2 (maybe 3 ?) times when I was younger, and to be honest I can't remember a lot about the incidents (can't even remember whether it was 2 or 3 times !), can't remember anything about the muggers, literally nothing, it was never particularly violent beyond verbal threats - "give me your Walkman™ or we'll kick your head in" - and being shoved to the ground, plus maybe a kick or two . . . . maybe some bruises, but never enough to head to the hospital . . . .

. . . but if I suffered from NPD (which I strongly suspect Molyneux suffers from / or some variation of NPD), then perhaps whereas most people simply move on from the event or simply put it down to "just some random f*cking idiots who randomly chose me as their victim", the NPD sufferer might view it as an enormous injustice, indignation on a level the world has never seen before - perhaps enough to set in motion a never ending reprisal of kinds ?

Who knows, a lot of amateur psychologising my part here . . . more simply put, whereas an incident like this might leave most people pissed - and then they move on - the affront / insult felt by the NPD sufferer might see the same incident smoulder for years or decades in their mind.

You only have to look at the fact that Molyneux clearly struggled with handling the time when his wife rolled her eyes at him in the grocery store, dragging the incident back up years (literally years) after everyone else on earth had forgotten about it.

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +49
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 08:14:38 PM »
Much of what he presents as evidence for some position is based on anecdote, or the way he interprets some thing that happened to him e.g., his mother mistreated him, therefore all women are the same.  Given this, I would venture to say that if he was mugged by a few black men,  he wouldn't treat it as an isolated incident of bad luck in which the muggers happened to be black.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:17:15 PM by summa logicae »

DefooSkeptic2908

• Known of it for some time. Recently appalled by FDR et al
  • FDR Curious
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 06:36:58 AM »
+2
By itself, I can't imagine being robbed like this would turn you against a whole race (that's not to say for a small number of people it might be enough) . . . but coupled with a damaged sense of self it might be a trigger ?

. . . but if I suffered from NPD (which I strongly suspect Molyneux suffers from / or some variation of NPD), then perhaps whereas most people simply move on from the event or simply put it down to "just some random f*cking idiots who randomly chose me as their victim", the NPD sufferer might view it as an enormous injustice, indignation on a level the world has never seen before - perhaps enough to set in motion a never ending reprisal of kinds ?

Ah, yes - I suspect that may well be a salient explanation... Storing up the most minute of perceived &/or real "slights" with which to punish the person responsible (as in remembering his wife having the temerity to roll her eyes at him at the supermarket once) is pretty much a Gold Standard sign of an individual with NPD which is sadly more prevalent in society than most people are aware is the case. Another pretty good sign of NPD is the proclivity toward surrounding oneself with as many loyal acolytes as one can manage. I think you see where I'm going here  ;)

He does seem to have a very fragile ego underneath all the bluster and inflated opinions of his own abilities. I notice that what other people would probably take as constructive criticism about their writing from those within the Publishing Industry apparently had nothing to do with just not having supplied a very good manuscript/precis - he saw it as an indictment on the Publishing Industry for not instantly recognizing his apparently obvious "genius". He'd recalled minute details about a woman who wasn't interested in publishing something he'd shown her and attempted to mock her without actually naming her in that instance also. It is definitely a theme, I'd say.
No skin in the game, thankfully 🕵🏻‍♀️🙄

The Observer

• FDR Authority
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 06:07:45 PM »
Yes, I made a whole video about his publishing excuses.  I can say from experience that getting rejected by publishers is painful, but sometimes it's actually for your growth.  I've been rejected more times than accepted, and I've learned to try harder with my writing (I write music).  Sometimes it's also about finding the right publisher.  However, I think some of Moly's books would be severely limited in who would publish them.  They might only publish because he's kind of semi-famous, or infamous depending on your point of view.

I just listened to his most recent show this weekend and was shocked at how weird the calls have become.  It's almost like he's scanning for the most Jerry Springer-like callers he can find.  Assuming these callers are real and are not trolling, it's pretty difficult to stomach this stuff.   :(  That first caller talking about his family and open relationship stuff, I had to move on to the next caller. 

Speaking of, a pretty decent guy came on and made several statements that made Molyneux blow a fuse.  The guy made those common concerns that most of us have a total privatized society, and Molyneux became a bit hysterical and ended the call with "screw you, man."  World's best philosopher tells his caller "f*ck you" as a response to his legit concerns about having no government.   ;D

The Observer

• FDR Authority
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 04:12:39 PM »
Apparently, I'm not the only one who felt this way about the recent show.  "The Jerry Springer of the Internet" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o24INzGCP0w&t=5s

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +49
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 06:19:40 PM »
Apparently, I'm not the only one who felt this way about the recent show.  "The Jerry Springer of the Internet" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o24INzGCP0w&t=5s

Jerry Springer is a perfectly apt comparison for Molyneux. He takes pretty much the most salacious, extreme types of dysfunctional calls in the "relationship" category of the call-in show. It's done as much to attract viewers on YouTube, as to make himself look quite reasonable in comparison, no matter what advice he gives.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:23:30 PM by summa logicae »

Hierophant

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 06:41:19 PM »
Isn't Molyneux from Toronto? Not exactly mean-streets-level. Toronto is reportedly one of the safest cities in North America.

The Observer

• FDR Authority
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 04:00:37 PM »
Over the weekend, Molyneux had some kind of live stream.  Most of it was pretty boring, but one woman donated $2 and said, "I would like to discuss your racist attitude towards IQ".  That set off Stefan a bit.  ;D  She should have asked what he thought about James Flynn.