Author Topic: Pastor Molyneux  (Read 348 times)

summa logicae

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +47
Pastor Molyneux
« on: October 07, 2018, 02:42:52 PM »
Molyneux goes full TV evangelical: https://youtu.be/DQ6bUtq3yoQ.  Posted this Sunday morning no less. The small crowd doesn't seem to be that responsive, but it's quite fitting that the false prophet should be his final iteration.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 02:49:33 PM by summa logicae »

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
Re: Pastor Molyneux
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 12:33:49 AM »
I listened to most of this and although I don't really have any major issues with what he said, it's just mind blowing when you imagine what Stefan would think of his future self.  Imagine him 8 years ago watching this speech.   ;D

The live stream he had tonight was kind of interesting.  Towards the end, a few fans asked him about Joe Rogan and Dave Rubin.  Stef complained that both Rogan and Rubin gave him "special treatment", meaning, he felt they were extra hard on him during the interview.  Stef said that Rubin "agreed with him" about race and IQ, but edited it out of the final show.  Obviously, we don't know if that's the fact.  It was clear Stef is not going on Rubin or Rogan ever again.

summa logicae

• FDR Aware
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:16:32 AM »
I listened to most of this and although I don't really have any major issues with what he said, it's just mind blowing when you imagine what Stefan would think of his future self.  Imagine him 8 years ago watching this speech.   ;D

The live stream he had tonight was kind of interesting.  Towards the end, a few fans asked him about Joe Rogan and Dave Rubin.  Stef complained that both Rogan and Rubin gave him "special treatment", meaning, he felt they were extra hard on him during the interview.  Stef said that Rubin "agreed with him" about race and IQ, but edited it out of the final show.  Obviously, we don't know if that's the fact.  It was clear Stef is not going on Rubin or Rogan ever again.

I thought the interview with Rubin was pretty soft aside from asking him about the cult accusations. But it seemed scripted. It was nice watching him squirm on Rogan's show, which is why he won't ever go back. He mentioned a new book, but apparently it will only be audio on YouTube. I'm thinking that self-publishing on Amazon might bring in some profit but he has no control over critical reviews like he does on his comments section. And putting it out that way got him some bad reviews on Medium, which got him more exposure.

The Observer

• FDR Authority
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 03:05:27 PM »
I agree.  I didn't think Rubin was hard on him.  He did question him a bit about the race and IQ thing, and if that makes Stef uncomfortable, maybe he shouldn't be spreading pseudoscience.  Perhaps Stef was upset that Rubin didn't agree with him?  I highly doubt Rubin would buy the pseudoscience behind his race and IQ narrative.  Also, it's funny that he would complain about people making him uncomfortable, when he often talks about the importance of asking tough questions.  He likes to give it out but hates receiving it.  ;D

summa logicae

• FDR Aware
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 08:22:57 PM »
I agree.  I didn't think Rubin was hard on him.  He did question him a bit about the race and IQ thing, and if that makes Stef uncomfortable, maybe he shouldn't be spreading pseudoscience.  Perhaps Stef was upset that Rubin didn't agree with him?  I highly doubt Rubin would buy the pseudoscience behind his race and IQ narrative.  Also, it's funny that he would complain about people making him uncomfortable, when he often talks about the importance of asking tough questions.  He likes to give it out but hates receiving it.  ;D

I think Molyneux perfected his business model with his new live stream format. He can ramble on about nothing and answer the questions that come with a donation.

The Observer

• FDR Authority
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 01:04:33 AM »

I think Molyneux perfected his business model with his new live stream format. He can ramble on about nothing and answer the questions that come with a donation.

I used an alternate youtube ID I have to send him a $2.00 super chat.  I wrote, "You're a bitcoin millionaire, so why do you beg for money?"  Of course, it was ignored.   ;D   No one can say I haven't donated to Molyneux now. 

The Observer

• FDR Authority
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 01:12:16 AM »
Also, I wonder if the livestreams are going to eventually bore his audience.  I think he's a bit tired of the call-in shows and his health/age is a factor.  Can't blame him for being tired of them -- he's pretty much done them to death.  He was talking about how he feels his channel needs a fresh start, so I get the impression that even he is realizing his content has become way too redundant and predictable. 

summa logicae

• FDR Aware
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 02:46:01 AM »
Also, I wonder if the livestreams are going to eventually bore his audience.  I think he's a bit tired of the call-in shows and his health/age is a factor.  Can't blame him for being tired of them -- he's pretty much done them to death.  He was talking about how he feels his channel needs a fresh start, so I get the impression that even he is realizing his content has become way too redundant and predictable.

Well, that's the problem when every topic has to fit into a certain mold. Molyneux can only go so far, both because of his supposed ideology and intellectual limitations. And, perhaps he cares less about putting on the philosopher facade now that he's made quite a lot of money.

AMo

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +117
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 04:03:27 PM »
This First Temptations of Christ Organization....I can't find it on a Google search at all, except relating to this little seminar with Molyneux.

So, is this just a little group organized by Molyneux?? Is there any further information on this?