Author Topic: Freedomain forum goes down the memory hole . . .  (Read 851 times)

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +60
Freedomain forum goes down the memory hole . . .
« on: October 27, 2018, 08:00:57 AM »
It appears that the Freedomain radio forum / message board has been erased from history . . . all links lead to a dead-end . . . . and the 'community' link is gone from the Freedomain radio home page.

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +49
Re: Freedomain forum goes down the memory hole . . .
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:13:21 PM »
Yup, all gone it looks like. You think it's gone for good?

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:34:21 PM »
+1
Yup, all gone it looks like. You think it's gone for good?

Can't say for sure . . . the odd thing is that if Molyneux thought the forum had run its course (not unreasonable considering he mostly connects with people via Youtube/Twitter these days) then why the need to delete it ? At the very least you'd think it would be left up as a resource (even if people are no longer able to post) for future generations to read the profound and 'import' conversations that took place there ( :P) . . . ?

I suspect the reason is simple enough, as Molyneux adapts to and co-opts whatever passing bandwagon serves his needs then there will always be temptation to control, spin and even erase a history that points to him advocating the very opposite position.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see any reason to erase the forum and all the conversations that took place unless the aim was to prevent people from reading those conversations ?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:22:24 PM by Lupus »

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +49
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »
Can't say for sure . . . the odd thing is that if Molyneux thought the forum had run its course (not unreasonable considering he mostly connects with people via Youtube/Twitter these days) then why the need to delete it ? At the very least you'd think it would be left up as a resource (even if people where no longer able to post) for future generations to read the profound and 'import' conversations that took place there ( :P) . . . ?

I suspect the reason is simple enough, as Molyneux adapts to and co-opts whatever passing bandwagon serves his needs then there will always be temptation to control, spin and even erase a history that points to him advocating the very opposite position.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see any logical reason to erase the forum and all the conversations that too place ?

That makes sense. The forum was part of his early business model, he personally has probably only used it to make announcements for quite some time now, and it's nowhere near as popular a platform as YouTube. But, I guess there's a lot of things on there that paint a very different picture from what he's peddling now, and he perhaps shed many or most of that early audience, so in true 1984 fashion--"We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia"--it has to go down the memory hole completely, "profound and import conversations" be damned haha.

QuestEon

• Just some guy with a blog.
  • Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
  • What's your opinion? I'd love to hear it!
  • Respect: +459
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 05:25:06 PM »
+2
Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see any reason to erase the forum and all the conversations that took place unless the aim was to prevent people from reading those conversations ?

Probably. The "conversation" at FDR has never actually been a conversation. He talks; you listen (and praise him). He once said that the forum is completely inconsequential, "a bit of lemon in the icing of the cake that is Freedomain Radio."

He had actually already memory-holed all forum posts prior to 2014, most likely since there was a lot of contradiction and embarrassment to be found in earlier posts. Shifting all talk to social media is a good move for him--it's ephemeral, allowing him to change as he pleases (and none of his current followers appear to demand a lot of internal consistency anyway).
It isn't about winning the debate. It's about the truth.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 08:57:23 AM »
+3
. . . so in true 1984 fashion--"We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia"--it has to go down the memory hole completely, "profound and import conversations" be damned haha.

What forum ? There was no forum, all these stories about a so called "forum" are coming from leftist agitators who are living out an unacknowledged oedipal struggle brought about by the institutionalised psychological torture meted out during their imprisonment in proto-communist daycare indoctrination camps.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 09:07:04 AM »
The "conversation" at FDR has never actually been a conversation. He talks; you listen (and praise him).

Yep, for all his self-lauding as leading a profoundly important history changing 'conversation' there really is no conversation at all, not just that it's not the historically important exchange of ideas he's mistaken his personal opinions for, but that there is actually no real conversation at all . . . the sole function of the questions put to him by the callers to his call-in show is to act as a vehicle for him to talk at length about himself and his opinions.

Shifting all talk to social media is a good move for him--it's ephemeral, allowing him to change as he pleases (and none of his current followers appear to demand a lot of internal consistency anyway).

He's now a church of sorts, people attend to hear the good word, to have their ideas confirmed.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:23:39 AM by Lupus »

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +761
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 06:57:09 PM »
+3
Gee, anyone think he's under investigation for something and he's trying to hide evidence?

Roger Stone is currently in Mueller's crosshairs, and was a frequent guest on Molyneux's show.  Does anyone think Molyneux is not on the money trail that investigators are following?

Faith

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 03:14:24 AM »
He's definitely guilty of something , and that's probably why he deleted the evidence. If you read my first few posts on this site, where I mention I have been criminally harassed since 2013 (and that this harassment is likely linked to Stefan's followers) , I really was not kidding about this.

There was another forum I posted on back in 2013-15 (not FDR ) where I met these people, and where the harassment began. Last February the moderator of this forum deleted several hundred visitor comments. This occurred right after I spoke directly to one of these harassers, so I'm sure he notified the forum moderator, who then began to delete the comments to remove evidence.

I noticed yesterday that Stefan also stopped posting his videos to his Google plus page about one month ago. Since Stefan has blocked me on twitter, I don't usually see his twitter comments. I think he might have blocked me right after I told John Bambenek about his BTC donations,  as Bambenek then added Freedomain radio to the Neonazi BTC tracker bot. I noticed after that happened, that Stefan had blocked me ...but perhaps he had done so earlier and I hadn't noticed yet.

Good observation about Roger Stone....I'm sure Alex Jones is involved as well, as he's a good buddy of Stone's.

Do you guys remember those weird posts from a few weeks ago that talked about a CIA honeypot conspiracy? Those posts were definitely written by one of the people who have harassed me ...I recognize their bullshit by now. I wonder if there is any connection between those weird CIA posts and what may be happening now?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:25:17 AM by Faith »

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
  • "I thought they taught philosophy over there."
  • Respect: +100
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 01:26:01 AM »
+2
It could be for any reason. The usual reason forums shut down is that they have fallen out of favor to Facebook groups. Which is a stupid idea because Facebook has a hair trigger on their ban gun.

I remember when The Zeitgeist Movement shut their forums down and the reason was obvious, anytime they posted something stupid critics would call all kinds of attention to it. To make matters even worse it was populated by very dumb people so it was a goldmine to us.

Colonel J

• FDR Curious
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 07:17:22 PM »
A little sad to hear since i used it from time to time.

The last thread I made there, a couple days or so before it shut down I believe was titled:
"Is Stefan really not engaging in self-censorship?"

The thing is, the phrase "self-censorship" or "censorship" wasn't allowed in the title for whatever reason so I had to rephrase it. The body of my post stated that when Stefan was almost shut down on youtube they made a video when they got back saying thing along the lines of "they want us to self-censor and I won't do that."

I wondered if this is true or not since I feel Stefan could easily book controversial guests such as Richard Spencer or David Duke who are frequent guest of JF Gariepy's show The Public Space (that I cannot recommend enough)  to get the truth out about the media's character assassination attacks on them, but doesn't. I feel this refusal to book certain guests is, in itself, an act of self-censorship.

I may be treading towards conspiracy land, but I think a real possibility is that my thread blew up and Stefan found it best to just end the forum. I only say this because my last thread there, before the self-censorship one, also blew up and had MANY replies. The thread title was something along the lines of "a logical proof that taxation is theft."

Faith

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 01:36:19 PM »
There were probably many threads that Stefan wanted gone, for many reasons. It would be easier to just get rid of everything rather than sort thru it all....plus if he was trying to hide anything, then picking and choosing the material would prove that was what he was doing. (Trying to remove evidence )

I actually hate the very misused term "conspiracy theory", as its come to be associated with nutjobs like Alex Jones. A conspiracy simply means a group of people who are working together in secret (as is the case with most crimes)....all organized crime could be referred to as a conspiracy.

Perhaps some of the ones responsible for the biggest conspiracy theories (such as crazy Jones) are really aware that the conspiracies they spread are all bullshit,  and they are intentionally trying to muddy the waters by making everyone who mentions a conspiracy appear to be crazy?...lol. Its like the old "chicken and the egg" riddle though, isnt it?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:37:52 PM by Faith »