Author Topic: Pretty interesting video on the Jews  (Read 335 times)

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
Pretty interesting video on the Jews
« on: October 29, 2018, 04:00:53 PM »
Molyneux put out a video mostly defending the Jews, but there were a couple of things that really caught my attention.  The first, youtube put a large definition box under the video of what a Jew is according to Britannica.  A pretty good amount of backlash is posted in the comments under the video. 

Also, Molyneux mentioned he had a Jewish step grandma.  Also, at the 33 minute mark, he says "we need to start judging people by the quality of their arguments, and not by the ethnicity of their heritage, or the collective ambiguous beliefs of a larger tribe."  Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this contradict a lot of his videos saying that most Mexicans support big government?

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +58
Re: Pretty interesting video on the Jews
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 04:13:15 PM »
Also, at the 33 minute mark, he says "we need to start judging people by the quality of their arguments, and not by the ethnicity of their heritage, or the collective ambiguous beliefs of a larger tribe."  Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this contradict a lot of his videos saying that most Mexicans support big government?

It contradicts his whole IQ thing, it contradicts his race thing, his religion thing, it contradicts his whole 'gene wars' / r vs K thing . . . .

I mean . . . seriously, lol, he's saying we mustn't judge people by their beliefs - while investing considerable time and energy into hypnotising his audience into the belief that 'r's (his science-illiterate interpretation of a ecological catogorisation as a political vector) are such a venal, corrupt and immoral group (or 'tribe') that the viable solution is mass genocide ("there’s has to be massive depopulation (of the 'r's) and it’s going to be brutal").

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +49
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 06:10:47 PM »
The rhetoric in that video was pretty incoherent, as per usual. His argument that anti-Semitism is bad because Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman, and other people he read were Jewish is awful. I guess on that basis you can hate some other ethnicity if none of their members wrote any known works praising individualism and the free market. And, irony of ironies, it seems a large number of the comments are anti-Jew.

The Observer

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +136
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 06:18:15 PM »
The rhetoric in that video was pretty incoherent, as per usual. His argument that anti-Semitism is bad because Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman, and other people he read were Jewish is awful. I guess on that basis you can hate some other ethnicity if none of their members wrote any known works praising individualism and the free market. And, irony of ironies, it seems a large number of the comments are anti-Jew.

Yes, there's quite a bit of backlash.  And that definition box that Youtube put up is going to further bother a lot of his fanbase. 

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +761
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 07:40:28 AM »
+1
He used to talk a lot about his mother being Jewish.  Now it's been downgraded to step grandmother?

Like everything else about Molyneux, the truth and reality are both elusive and fluid, i.e. he's making it up as he goes along depending on his message and audience.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 08:58:58 AM »
+1
He used to talk a lot about his mother being Jewish.  Now it's been downgraded to step grandmother?

Like everything else about Molyneux, the truth and reality are both elusive and fluid, i.e. he's making it up as he goes along depending on his message and audience.

I can't see any inconsistencies here ? Molyneux is an Irish, British, German Jewish, Pro-Christian, Atheist Londoner who controls the politics of America from his home in Canada.

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +49
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 11:57:45 AM »
+2

"I can't see any inconsistencies here ? Molyneux is an Irish, British, German Jewish, Pro-Christian, Atheist Londoner who controls the politics of America from his home in Canada."

A Frankenstein's monster of consistency  ;D