Author Topic: Molyneux removes video response to David Gordon  (Read 1174 times)

OGREtheTroll

Molyneux removes video response to David Gordon
« on: January 30, 2019, 10:07:42 AM »
+1
Probably known to all here, David Gordon is a libertarian philosopher who made a very well known response to Molyneux's Universally Preferable Behavior.  Just a couple days ago, Molyneux posted a 40m video responding to Gordon's criticisms.  In typical Molyneux fashion, he mocks, giggles, and laughs at Gordon's criticisms instead of actually responding to them in any reasonable manner.  Even Molyneux's follows are offput by this and savage him in the comments;  the video amassed a 40% dislike ration in just a couple hours.  Molyneux starts to respond in the comments himself, but he is attacked there as well.  Within a few hours of posting this video, Molyneux takes it down.

Fortunately your freinds on /4chan had the foresight to save this video for the sake of posterity.  I present a link to it here for your enjoyment, and to prevent Molyneux from memory-holing his failures as he is so want to do.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/5PF7YF66APmE/

(I tried to register for the forum but never received the verification email.  Hence why I post this here.)

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +59
Re: Molyneux removes video response to David Gordon
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:06:20 PM »
Thank you for posting the link; I was hoping someone had saved it. It should be very entertaining.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +83
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 07:32:23 PM »
I watched the linked video (thank you OGREtheTroll !  :)) - it's laughably awful as described, lots of laughing and mocking but not much in the way of counterargument . . . about the best Molyneux could muster was that people shouldn't criticise UPB unless they start their criticism at page one of UPB ! Yes, as bizarre as this sounds this really is the angle Molyneux takes . . . if your central objection to an idea put forward is best represented by what is said on - for example - page 20, then your objection is illegitimate because the book starts at page 1 . . . this is seriously the objection Molyneux makes !!!? . . . . Apparently If you criticise the Bible because in Judges there might be some ideas you question then that criticism is illegitimate because the Bible starts with Genesis and not Judges . . . . laughably stupid stuff !!  ;D

Anyhow, it looks like he's taking another run at this . . . . he's reuploaded the video - without all the negative comments  . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G84nav_bDPQ&pbjreload=10
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 07:34:54 PM by Lupus »

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 02:01:19 AM »
I watched the linked video (thank you OGREtheTroll !  :)) - it's laughably awful as described, lots of laughing and mocking but not much in the way of counterargument . . . about the best Molyneux could muster was that people shouldn't criticise UPB unless they start their criticism at page one of UPB ! Yes, as bizarre as this sounds this really is the angle Molyneux takes . . . if your central objection to an idea put forward is best represented by what is said on - for example - page 20, then your objection is illegitimate because the book starts at page 1 . . . this is seriously the objection Molyneux makes !!!? . . . . Apparently If you criticise the Bible because in Judges there might be some ideas you question then that criticism is illegitimate because the Bible starts with Genesis and not Judges . . . . laughably stupid stuff !!  ;D

Anyhow, it looks like he's taking another run at this . . . . he's reuploaded the video - without all the negative comments  . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G84nav_bDPQ&pbjreload=10

I didn't think he'd put it back up. The comments must have been quite critical for him to have taken it down, but it looks even worse putting it back up. His previous video debating that 18-year-old about UPB was equally awful. And it's hilarious how he says in the middle of this video how his theory is true because it's been 11 years and no one has been able to oppose it; as if he's invited professors from all over the world on his show to critique it.  I've said it before, but Molyneux is fortunate that ignorant and stupid people exist, and even more fortunate that a great many are even more ignorant and stupid than him.

Oliver Cromwell

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +40
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 01:48:49 PM »
Molyneux seems to think that because Gordon didn't quote every single page of the book, his critique is automatically invalid. There's also a funny part where he whines about Gordon using his surname rather than his full name, or Stefan Molyneux MA, and interprets this as Gordon talking down to him like a teacher. He thinks he's trying to psychoanalyse Gordon, but the truth is he is just revealing his own childhood trauma.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +769
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 04:23:33 PM »
Business has to be really slow for him to drudge up this UPB disaster.  He was humiliated the very first time around, ... a decade ago.  I can't see how the rerun will do any better.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:39:31 PM by money detonator »

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
  • "I thought they taught philosophy over there."
  • Respect: +100
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 07:32:24 PM »
The comment section is gold with people calling him or for backing out of a debate with Jean-Francois Gariépy.

They're figuring out that "critics get slipped to the front of the line" is a lie.