Author Topic: Molyneux thinks playing Minecraft with his daughter is philosophy.  (Read 476 times)

Oliver Cromwell

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +40
Need I say more?

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +55
Re: Molyneux thinks playing Minecraft with his daughter is philosophy.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 08:23:49 PM »
Need I say more?
It's also wrong that he's putting his daughter out as just another type of click bait.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +77
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 10:27:43 AM »
+1
Need I say more?

Reminds me of the point made in The Observer's video "How Stefan Molyneux is Saving the World"**, sure there's nothing wrong with a little lighthearted distraction, but the way Molyneux self-ascribes as the saviour of mankind, the vitally important work he's doing to achieve nothing less than the salvation of the world kinda' means an hour of 'hilarious' Minecraft is a crime against humanity itself  ;D

Or as Molyneux himself says in his own self-aggrandising way . . .

"If you have the fingers of Jesus . . . and are in a town of lepers . . . and you can heal them with a touch, do you get to stay home and do finger knitting ? . . I don't think you do"

** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-7k4x5KK6I

One other thing that struck me was the video's title/info, in the post-Mike Demarco period (P.M.D as Molyneux historians will call it) the videos will be posted (and titled) by Molyneux himself, so it seemed weird to see his use of illeism (third person) . . . . HILARIOUS! STEFAN MOLYNEUX'S DAUGHTER TRIES TO TEACH HIM MINECRAFT! . . . I dunno, it just seems odd to refer to yourself like that, most people would title this 'My daughter tries to teach me Minecraft' . . . who here refers to themselves by name and 'him/her' ? . . . illeism is almost always used to suggest impartiality / humility and used to self-promote.

You can see this in his (presumably self-penned) info section for the video . . "Isabella TRIES to teach her father - philosopher Stefan Molyneux - how to play Minecraft." . . . again I find the third person thing odd . . and the idea of him sat there typing "philosopher Stefan Molyneux" seems almost childlike.

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm overanalysing (I am !  ;D) but either way these are the opinions of Brilliantly insightful FDRliberated forum poster - and excellent roller skater - Lupus.

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +213
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 11:04:02 AM »
Need I say more?
It's also wrong that he's putting his daughter out as just another type of click bait.

It is. He's having to re-think his click-bait so that it doesn't get banned as far-right hate speech.

Elucidated

• Kallipolis Agitator
  • FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +213
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 11:10:24 AM »
+1
Need I say more?

Reminds me of the point made in The Observer's video "How Stefan Molyneux is Saving the World"**, sure there's nothing wrong with a little lighthearted distraction, but the way Molyneux self-ascribes as the saviour of mankind, the vitally important work he's doing to achieve nothing less than the salvation of the world kinda' means an hour of 'hilarious' Minecraft is a crime against humanity itself  ;D

Or as Molyneux himself says in his own self-aggrandising way . . .

"If you have the fingers of Jesus . . . and are in a town of lepers . . . and you can heal them with a touch, do you get to stay home and do finger knitting ? . . I don't think you do"

** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-7k4x5KK6I

One other thing that struck me was the video's title/info, in the post-Mike Demarco period (P.M.D as Molyneux historians will call it) the videos will be posted (and titled) by Molyneux himself, so it seemed weird to see his use of illeism (third person) . . . . HILARIOUS! STEFAN MOLYNEUX'S DAUGHTER TRIES TO TEACH HIM MINECRAFT! . . . I dunno, it just seems odd to refer to yourself like that, most people would title this 'My daughter tries to teach me Minecraft' . . . who here refers to themselves by name and 'him/her' ? . . . illeism is almost always used to suggest impartiality / humility and used to self-promote.

You can see this in his (presumably self-penned) info section for the video . . "Isabella TRIES to teach her father - philosopher Stefan Molyneux - how to play Minecraft." . . . again I find the third person thing odd . . and the idea of him sat there typing "philosopher Stefan Molyneux" seems almost childlike.

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm overanalysing (I am !  ;D ) but either way these are the opinions of Brilliantly insightful FDRliberated forum poster - and excellent roller skater - Lupus.
It's not just you, it is weird, and self-agrandising. He's trying to make it appear that other people are analyzing these trivial aspects of his life as though he were hugely important.

And are you really only an 'excellent roller skater', rather than the best for 2000 years ;)

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 02:02:51 PM »
Need I say more?

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm overanalysing (I am !  ;D) but either way these are the opinions of Brilliantly insightful FDRliberated forum poster - and excellent roller skater - Lupus.

Besides being self-aggrandizing, the use of third person in referring to yourself as something (aside from instances of simply stating the fact that you hold a certain title--mathematician, biologist, etc.) constantly--like if you went around always telling people that you're a genius before answering a question--is a good indicator that you have no confidence that you actually are that thing, or have that quality.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 06:54:04 PM »
+1
And are you really only an 'excellent roller skater', rather than the best for 2000 years ;)

I'm just being modest (one of my many virtues), in reality I am the first virtuous roller skater, before me all rolled in shame.

Faith

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 12:48:16 PM »
Faith also thinks that Molyneux sounds very self important when he refers to himself the third person. Faith is not impressed. 😉

I think I remember a Seinfeld episode....

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 12:12:38 PM »
Faith also thinks that Molyneux sounds very self important when he refers to himself the third person. Faith is not impressed. 😉

I think I remember a Seinfeld episode....

Lupus - the earth's first virtuous roller skater - agrees with Faith in his HILARIOUS response post that includes several emoticons !!

;) :o 8) ::) :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ;D ;D

P

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 08:11:40 PM »
Second 'Molyneux Tries Minecraft' video.

"Under the benevolent leadership and protection of his daughter Isabella, philosopher Stefan Molyneux struggles to survive in Minecraft!"

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOjiv-Nv20E

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 11:03:35 PM »
He's asking his followers on twitter if he should start a "philosophy gaming channel". That would be the final cherry on the mountain of offal that constitutes his public utterances.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:09:32 PM by summa logicae »

Oliver Cromwell

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +40
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »
He's asking his followers on twitter if he should start a "philosophy gaming channel". That would be the final cherry on the mountain of offal that constitutes his public utterances.

lmao

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +769
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »
+1
With Molyneux, I find that by substituting the words "Philosophy" and "Philosopher" with "panhandler", "Beggar", "begging", "bullshit", or "bullshitter", everything makes perfect sense.

for example:  "World's largest online begging show"   ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:07:52 AM by money detonator »