Author Topic: Live chat confession.  (Read 687 times)

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +59
Live chat confession.
« on: April 07, 2019, 03:49:27 PM »
In Molyneux's most recent live chat show, he admits to being just a "social media personality" and using his show like a business based on what he remembers reading in the Harvard Business Review. This bizarrely candid confession showcases his incredible lack of self-awareness and also indicates that he wrongly believes the show is a type a therapy, vis-a-vis admitting to or recalling previous actions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBvMcNKbDNU, starting around 5:09 and ending at 5:47.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +82
Re: Live chat confession.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:59:36 AM »
+1
Molyneux loves self-ascribing himself titles, 'Social media personality', 'Public Intellectual', 'Entrepreneur', 'Philosopher', 'Thought Leader', 'Peaceful Parent' (and so on) . . . the one thing you'll notice is that they are always things that require no qualification, trainning or specific competency.

Basically anyone can grant themselves these titles with little to no need to qualify any of them, you could argue that 'philosopher' comes the closest to a 'real' title, by that I mean there is training you can do and there are qualifications and courses you can take, but as I'm sure everyone here already knows, Molyneux lacks any kind of qualification in Philosophy.

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 12:27:39 PM »
Molyneux loves self-ascribing himself titles, 'Social media personality', 'Public Intellectual', 'Entrepreneur', 'Philosopher', 'Thought Leader', 'Peaceful Parent' (and so on) . . . the one thing you'll notice is that they are always things that require no qualification, trainning or specific competency.

Basically anyone can grant themselves these titles with little to no need to qualify any of them, you could argue that 'philosopher' comes the closest to a 'real' title, by that I mean there is training you can do and there are qualifications and courses you can take, but as I'm sure everyone here already knows, Molyneux lacks any kind of qualification in Philosophy.

Undoubtedly. But I think that he called himself a social media personality specifically as a bizarre admittance that he has no competence as a philosopher or intellectual as he likes to refer to himself. He simply treated his show as a profit making scheme.

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +769
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 06:13:44 PM »
Remember though, back in the old days, when it was convenient for a given situation, he would call himself "just some guy on the internet".

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 08:07:19 PM »
Remember though, back in the old days, when it was convenient for a given situation, he would call himself "just some guy on the internet".

Lol  ;D yep, he's the world's first virtuous parent, an epoch defining philosopher, a leader of men, the saviour of western civilisation, the author of mankind's first viable account of secular ethics, someone with "influence in the very highest corridors of power in the world", the vessel through which the world's largest philosophy 'conversation' takes place, a 'conversation' so vital that it may very well save the world . . .

. . . until someone challenges his thinking, then he throws a tantrum, angered as to why anyone would criticise him rather than the powers-that-be, after all he's 'just some guy on the internet'.

;D