Author Topic: Peak Molyneux ?  (Read 2719 times)

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +82
Re: Peak Molyneux ?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 09:17:47 PM »
Today's "Philosophy" show . . .

"I Can't Dump My Hot Guy!"

Today's 'Philosophy', exclamation mark and all . . .

"Dad Left Us For A Stripper!"

"I Am a Child Abuser - Please Help Me STOP!"

Not click bait, but 'philosophy'.

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2019, 10:14:06 PM »
Today's "Philosophy" show . . .

Today's 'Philosophy', exclamation mark and all . . .

Not click bait, but 'philosophy'.

Jerry Springer, eat your heart out. I'm guessing it's a guy that either spanks or yells at his kids for behaving badly. That can be the only reason Molyneux doesn't call child protective services and offers the call as evidence of actual abuse.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2019, 03:23:01 AM »

. . . . . . . . .

Today's installement . . disappointed at there being no exclamation mark, but 'philosophy' is not an exact science.

"My Father was Raised by a Witch and Drank My Blood"

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2019, 03:30:33 AM »
Jerry Springer, eat your heart out.

Yep ! You could put any of Molyneux's recent efforts on the front cover of a gutter-press tabloid or into a Jerry Springer episode title and I'd doubt anyone would think it out of place.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:59:37 PM by Lupus »

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2019, 01:21:17 PM »

. . . . . . . . .

Today's installement . . disappointed at there being no exclamation mark, but 'philosophy' is not an exact science.

That has to be the topper so far. You can't get much more tabloid than that. And on Twitter he asked what title he should put on it to not appear "clickbaity".

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2019, 05:02:08 PM »
And on Twitter he asked what title he should put on it to not appear "clickbaity".

Lol, jeez !  ;D

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2019, 04:42:46 AM »
The numbers are in for last month, The Jerry Springer click-bait approach wouldn't seem to be paying off, the decline continues . . .

Molyneux hit a new view-count low (at least since he's been well known) . . . his viewing figures actually halved last month ! Down from 1.87m the previous month to 904k ! A pretty steep decline from when he was regularly attracting 6-7m views.

Of course you can't simply extrapolate these figures to predict anything definite, but a 'best fit' trajectory sees him hit zero views by as soon as next month ! I doubt that would actually happen in reality, he'd probably bottom out before getting too low (??) but the direction is clear enough.

His subscriber numbers also continue to drop, and stay below zero (losing subscribers) for a second month.

(new data point in green)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 04:44:31 AM by Lupus »

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2019, 12:48:27 PM »
+1
The numbers are in for last month, The Jerry Springer click-bait approach wouldn't seem to be paying off, the decline continues . . .

Molyneux hit a new view-count low (at least since he's been well known) . . . his viewing figures actually halved last month ! Down from 1.87m the previous month to 904k ! A pretty steep decline from when he was regularly attracting 6-7m views.

Of course you can't simply extrapolate these figures to predict anything definite, but a 'best fit' trajectory sees him hit zero views by as soon as next month ! I doubt that would actually happen in reality, he'd probably bottom out before getting too low (??) but the direction is clear enough.

His subscriber numbers also continue to drop, and stay below zero (losing subscribers) for a second month.

(new data point in green)

It would seem the sensationalist click-bait approach is having the opposite effect, at least in his case. Part of that might have to do with his target audience. As we know, he picked up a lot of people from the conservative/Christian demographic by basically campaigning for Trump, and switching to quasi-statist rhetoric.  But I've noticed many of them conflict with Molyneux in his beliefs about "peaceful parenting", his deffoo tendencies, and other oddities. A number of them also may have noticed his barely camouflaged, hateful attitude towards women.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:17:00 PM by summa logicae »

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2019, 06:19:28 PM »

Glad to see Molyneux has reinstated the exclamation mark, how are we meant to know it's 'philosophy' without the exclamation mark !!! Today's effort . . .

"My Gay Brother Murdered His Lover - Unleashing a Demon on Me!"

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2019, 06:30:57 PM »
It would seem the sensationalist click-bait approach is have the opposite effect, at least in his case.

I think his decline started before he ramped up the "My balls are on fire, but my wife (who is my brother) doesn't know" style of "philosophy". But to be fair, there has always been a tabloid / click-bait element to what he does, it just seems to have been pushed front-and-centre recently, if I were to make any correlation (and it'd only be a guess) I'd say his decline into Jerry Springer territory coincided with Mike leaving (?).

Part of that might have to do with his target audience. As we know, he picked up a lot of people from the conservative/Christian demographic by basically campaigning for Trump, and switching to quasi-statist rhetoric.  But I've noticed many of them conflict with Molyneux in his beliefs about "peaceful parenting", his deffoo tendencies, and other oddities. A number of them also may have noticed his barely camouflaged, hateful attitude towards women.

Agreed, the whole Molyneux package is a bit of an angry contradictory mess, you don't have to dig too far - from whatever ideological starting point you happen to come from - to quickly discover something unpleasant, contradictory or hypocritical, a Christian loving white nationalist atheist anarchist misanthropist who hates women and thinks there are no moral obligations whilst living under the state he vociferously campaigned to bring to power  ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 06:42:14 PM by Lupus »

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2019, 08:30:58 PM »

I think his decline started before he ramped up the "My balls are on fire, but my wife (who is my brother) doesn't know" style of "philosophy". But to be fair, there has always been a tabloid / click-bait element to what he does, it just seems to have been pushed front-and-centre recently, if I were to make any correlation (and it'd only be a guess) I'd say his decline into Jerry Springer territory coincided with Mike leaving (?).

Yes, his decline probably started some time before as a result of the scandals concerning FDR coming to light. And there has always been a tabloid element to his videos, before going full National Enquirer. Perhaps DeMarco acted as a kind of buffer agent, attempting to present a more professional image of Molyneux's horse manure.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2019, 04:57:26 AM »
And there has always been a tabloid element to his videos, before going full National Enquirer. Perhaps DeMarco acted as a kind of buffer agent, attempting to present a more professional image of Molyneux's horse manure.

Yeah, it increasingly looks that way, Mike looks to have been a kind of moderating influence.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2019, 05:10:30 AM »
As we know, he picked up a lot of people from the conservative/Christian demographic by basically campaigning for Trump, and switching to quasi-statist rhetoric.  But I've noticed many of them conflict with Molyneux in his beliefs about "peaceful parenting" . . .

He did thrown them a bone somewhat - in podcast FDR 3718 - when he said he would rather a child was raised in a Christian family and was - by his own definitions - abused, coerced and had violence used against them, rather than the child was raised in a peaceful, non-religious family.

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2019, 12:44:34 PM »
As we know, he picked up a lot of people from the conservative/Christian demographic by basically campaigning for Trump, and switching to quasi-statist rhetoric.  But I've noticed many of them conflict with Molyneux in his beliefs about "peaceful parenting" . . .

He did thrown them a bone somewhat - in podcast FDR 3718 - when he said he would rather a child was raised in a Christian family and was - by his own definitions - abused, coerced and had violence used against them, rather than the child was raised in a peaceful, non-religious family.

Another striking hypocrisy. I do love his bizarre allusions that he "believes in philosophy" when asked if he believes in God.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »
Another striking hypocrisy.

Yep, I think you could reasonably argue that by him saying this . . . (that he'd rather be brought up in a Christian family + abuse than in a peaceful non-religious family) . . . that he's just given a rationalisation to some members of his audience to justify continuing with (using his own words) their child 'abuse'. Not a good look for the word's preeminent protector and saviour of children.

I do love his bizarre allusions that he "believes in philosophy" when asked if he believes in God.

To Molyneux he is 'philosophy', he embodies it, if his channel were to die then 'philosophy' would die with it ('so send my your money'), when he says he 'believes in philosophy' he's saying he 'believes in Stefan Molyneux' . . . . to the question 'do you believe in God' he doesn't say 'no', he instead defines what 'God' means to him by - essentially - saying 'I believe in Stefan Molyneux'.

You see this self-deification in podcast FDR 3193 when he refers to himself becoming a hero to be worshipped . . .

“I wanted someone to love, and I was told it was supposed to be my mother, that didn’t work out so well, I was told it it was supposed to be other family members, that didn’t work out so well, I was told it was going to be god, that didn’t work out so well, Ayn Rand, that didn’t work out so well, so finally you give up and you end up becoming the hero you hoped to worship - that’s I think the final stage of self actualisation, is instead of finding someone to inspire you, you become someone who inspires . . . "
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 06:01:51 PM by Lupus »