Author Topic: Peak Molyneux ?  (Read 9768 times)

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +83
Re: Peak Molyneux ?
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2019, 07:47:37 PM »
Molyneux recognises his own channel's "collapse" (in his own words).

Molyneux attempts to blame his channel's demise on Youtube and their move against channels like his own, but although it would be fair to recognise that as a factor, in reality his channel has been in decline for almost 2 years now, long before Youtube started it's political censorship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHGr2LmLuLI
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:37:42 PM by Lupus »

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2019, 11:46:25 PM »
At 1:40, how would he know that to be the case? It's just a bald assertion. But I'm sure his fans will take it as gospel. 6:46-- How could anyone mistake a lie(s) told about them for what they know to be the truth about themselves? Unless, of course, they aren't lies at all. I'm always struck by the sheer stupidity of some of these statements, and wonder how his fans never question any of it.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2019, 05:10:46 AM »
At 1:40, how would he know that to be the case? It's just a bald assertion.

"at the end of January, this is of 2019, Youtube implemented suppression algorithms on my channel which caused views to . . . well just plain collapse"

Not only is it a bald assertion, but it's not even close to being reflective of the actual figures, Molyneux's channel has been in a steady decline since mid/late 2017, there was no significant change in the overall trajectory around the start of 2019.

Here's the overall decline, with Jan 2019 pointed out, I don't see any real change.

6:46-- How could anyone mistake a lie(s) told about them for what they know to be the truth about themselves? Unless, of course, they aren't lies at all.

True, it's an odd thing to say - it came across as him being aware that he's batting away legitimate criticisms . . but struggling to quite understand what's going on inside his own head.

I actually laughed at the bit where he said . . . "I act out of love and positivity"  . . .  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
This (below) immediately came to mind, lol

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnlLgCJKOhY

I also loved the bit around 7:20 where he appeals to his audience (for more money of course) with . . . "I think we all know this, deep down, this year, next year, the real battle is upon us" . . .  "the end times of victory or defeat are upon us, and it's something I've been getting ready for, for 35 years"

He comes out with this same line every few months now, pretty much any and every newsworthy event, from Trump's omnibus spending bill to the European elections, is the start of the grand battle he's been readying himself for since he was a teenager, the 'crossroads' where civilisation either collapses or frees itself, the final chance to save the world . . . and the way you save the world is to send some of your money to a middle aged bald Youtuber in Canada.

Of course next year it'll be another crisis, another grand battle he's been preparing for all his life, this is definitely the big one this time, the final battle for civilisation . . . and the year after that . . . and the year after that . . .

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:13:54 PM by Lupus »

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2019, 01:11:55 PM »
At 1:40, how would he know that to be the case? It's just a bald assertion.

"at the end of January, this is of 2019, Youtube implemented suppression algorithms on my channel which caused views to . . . well just plain collapse"

Not only is it a bald assertion, but it's not even close to being reflective of the actual figures, Molyneux's channel has been in a steady decline since mid/late 2017, there was no significant change in the overall trajectory around the start of 2019.

Here's the overall decline, with Jan 2016 pointed out, I don't see any real change.

6:46-- How could anyone mistake a lie(s) told about them for what they know to be the truth about themselves? Unless, of course, they aren't lies at all.

True, it's an odd thing to say - it came across as him being aware that he's batting away legitimate criticisms . . but struggling to quite understand what's going on inside his own head.

I actually laughed at the bit where he said . . . "I act out of love and positivity"  . . .  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
This (below) immediately came to mind, lol

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnlLgCJKOhY

I also loved the bit around 7:20 where he appeals to his audience (for more money of course) with . . . "I think we all know this, deep down, this year, next year, the real battle is upon us" . . .  "the end times of victory or defeat are upon us, and it's something I've been getting ready for, for 35 years"

He comes out with this same line every few months now, pretty much any and every newsworthy event, from Trump's omnibus spending bill to the European elections, is the start of the grand battle he's been readying himself for since he was a teenager, the 'crossroads' where civilisation either collapses or frees itself, the final chance to save the world . . . and the way you save the world is to send some of your money to a middle aged bald Youtuber in Canada.

Of course next year it'll be another crisis, another grand battle he's been preparing for all his life, this is definitely the big one this time, the final battle for civilisation . . . and the year after that . . . and the year after that . . .

I imagine he's quite aware that his channel has been steadily declining, but believes it has nothing to do with him.

Haha, perhaps he does really think he's acting out of love on some level. But it's his own bizarre, twisted conception of it.

All his "essential messages" boil down to a plea for money haha. That repetition of presenting crisis after crisis coupled with the begging for donations probably made some of even the thickest of his fans doubt their "saviour".

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2019, 04:59:45 PM »
All his "essential messages" boil down to a plea for money haha. That repetition of presenting crisis after crisis coupled with the begging for donations probably made some of even the thickest of his fans doubt their "saviour".

Yep, his followers would have to be wilfully blind not to have spotted the routine by now, every few months . . . . . . .

"An Important Message About YouTube Censorship" (3/2018)
= I am being oppressed and attacked . . . . . .  send me money.

"This is very serious" (7/2018)

"A Critical Message From Stefan Molyneux" (8/2018)

"A Special Message From Stefan Molyneux" (9/2018)

"A Critical Message from Stefan Molyneux of Freedomain Radio" (3/2019)

"An Essential Message from Stefan Molyneux" (7/2019)

. . . . we get the new "essential message", with each new civilisation ending threat the solution is always the same, send some money to Stefan Molyneux  ;D

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2019, 01:43:27 AM »

Yep, his followers would have to be wilfully blind not to have spotted the routine by now, every few months . . . . . . .

"An Important Message About YouTube Censorship" (3/2018)

"This is very serious" (7/2018)

"A Critical Message From Stefan Molyneux" (8/2018)

"A Special Message From Stefan Molyneux" (9/2018)

"A Critical Message from Stefan Molyneux of Freedomain Radio" (3/2019)

"An Essential Message from Stefan Molyneux" (7/2019)

. . . . we get the new "essential message", with each new civilisation ending threat the solution is always the same, send some money to Stefan Molyneux  ;D

Wash, rinse, repeat hehe. If you take a look at his recent Twitter history he's also been flirting heavily with white supremacy of the Jewish conspiracy variety, going to the edge of calling himself one of them while keeping a foot in his Trump/conservative grift.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2019, 10:26:40 AM »
Wash, rinse, repeat hehe. If you take a look at his recent Twitter history he's also been flirting heavily with white supremacy of the Jewish conspiracy variety, going to the edge of calling himself one of them while keeping a foot in his Trump/conservative grift.

Minecraft videos + "my-wife-is-also-my-grandfather" clickbait + White Nationalism . . . . and he wonders why his profile is tanking.

;D

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2019, 10:31:45 AM »
A small bounce in the latest figures - a three month high (I'm starting to sound like a stock market analyst  :P) - but broadly keeping with the scatter of the trajectory, which is essentially a 2 year, decline.

His tabloid click-bait* stuff doesn't seem to be working, returning comparatively low viewing results . . .

"My Gay Brother Murdered His Lover!" . . . 32k views.
My father was raised by a witch and drank my blood!" 41k views.

Whereas his news/politics* stuff is attracting much healthier viewing figures.

Jeffrey Epstein Arrested! 248k views.
What Pisses Me Off About the Jeffrey Epstein Case! 285k views.

. . . . . . .

EDIT

Apologies - where it says tabloid click-bait* that should read 'philosophy' and where is says news/politics that should read 'philosophy' too  :D

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:34:04 AM by Lupus »

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2019, 12:58:51 PM »
+1
A small bounce in the latest figures - a three month high (I'm starting to sound like a stock market analyst  :P) - but broadly keeping with the scatter of the trajectory, which is essentially a 2 year, decline.

His tabloid click-bait* stuff doesn't seem to be working, returning comparatively low viewing results . . .

"My Gay Brother Murdered His Lover!" . . . 32k views.
My father was raised by a witch and drank my blood!" 41k views.

Whereas his news/politics* stuff is attracting much healthier viewing figures.

Jeffrey Epstein Arrested! 248k views.
What Pisses Me Off About the Jeffrey Epstein Case! 285k views.

. . . . . . .

EDIT

Apologies - where it says tabloid click-bait* that should read 'philosophy' and where is says news/politics that should read 'philosophy' too  :D

I've noticed the same. His current events crap gets views, because it's broadly in line with his current audience's opinions, and the rest gets much less attention. That little high in the graph looks like the one that started in October to January, and I suppose is attributed to his exploiting some big story in the media.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 03:39:21 PM by summa logicae »

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2019, 01:58:07 PM »
I've noticed the same. His current events crap get views, because it's broadly in line with his current audience's opinions, and the rest gets much less attention.

Yep . . . current affairs . . . when talking about Jussie Smollett or Ocasio-Cortez or Trump, he gets 100, 200 and even 300k+ views, whereas there is much less interest in his videos on something like parenting (Top 5 Parenting Solutions! - 21K views - is not untypical).

That little high in the graph looks like the one that started in October to January, and I suppose is attributed to his exploiting some big story in the media.

No one story in particular, he just had a good run with the usual current affairs stuff, Trump, Covington, Ocasio-Cortez, Justin Trudeau scandal, Gillette commercial . . . etc etc . . . when he veers away from current affairs his views drop off, a video called 'defending morality' will pull in 30 or 40k views, whereas a good current affairs topic will - like I say above - hit the hundreds of thousands of views.

The pretence that this is the world's biggest 'philosophy' show is just silly to be honest.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:37:09 PM by Lupus »

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +769
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2019, 01:50:50 PM »
So, he's degraded himself into irrelevance?

GOOD!

Faith

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2019, 11:08:11 AM »
There is a new and "improved" Freedomain Radio site. I think it opened last week....

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2019, 02:52:31 AM »

GOOD!

He actually had an uptick in views last month, up to 4.8M, be interesting to see if he can sustain this, the videos that are working for him are still politics / current events / Washington gossip . . his audience wouldn't seem to be that interested in the "philosophy" and parenting videos.

So . . .  How Parenting Heals You attracts 22,000 views.
Whereas . . . . Jeffrey Epstein's Butler: The Truth About Power gets 514,000 views.

Molyneux, in his latest video, opens up about his channel's decline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3N0O8S9HaY#

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2019, 02:20:45 PM »

GOOD!

He actually had an uptick in views last month, up to 4.8M, be interesting to see if he can sustain this, the videos that are working for him are still politics / current events / Washington gossip . . his audience wouldn't seem to be that interested in the "philosophy" and parenting videos.

So . . .  How Parenting Heals You attracts 22,000 views.
Whereas . . . . Jeffrey Epstein's Butler: The Truth About Power gets 514,000 views.

Molyneux, in his latest video, opens up about his channel's decline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3N0O8S9HaY#

It's funny to hear him basically admit it's only about the money, and desperately pleading for his audience to give him ideas on what they want to hear so they'll give him more of it.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2019, 06:57:53 AM »
It's funny to hear him basically admit it's only about the money, and desperately pleading for his audience to give him ideas on what they want to hear so they'll give him more of it.

Lol, yep . . . "just tell me what you want me to say or do, I'll do anything, anything, I'll sing, I'll make film reviews, news, gossip, Minecraft gameplay videos, entrepreneurial advice, parenting . . . just keep the money coming . . . "  ;D

In that video he says his channel's collapse is the result of Youtube's latest algorithm (which he pins to the start of this year) but it's plainly not the case as there is a clear, observable and consistent decline from mid to late 2017 onwards.

. . . . . . . .

He actually had an uptick in views last month, up to 4.8M, be interesting to see if he can sustain this . . .

Viewing figures halved from August to September taking him back down to 2M.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:05:55 AM by Lupus »