Author Topic: Peak Molyneux ?  (Read 19950 times)

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +63
Re: Peak Molyneux ?
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2019, 12:43:37 PM »
It's funny to hear him basically admit it's only about the money, and desperately pleading for his audience to give him ideas on what they want to hear so they'll give him more of it.

Lol, yep . . . "just tell me what you want me to say or do, I'll do anything, anything, I'll sing, I'll make film reviews, news, gossip, Minecraft gameplay videos, entrepreneurial advice, parenting . . . just keep the money coming . . . "  ;D

In that video he says his channel's collapse is the result of Youtube's latest algorithm (which he pins to the start of this year) but it's plainly not the case as there is a clear, observable and consistent decline from mid to late 2017 onwards.

. . . . . . . .

He actually had an uptick in views last month, up to 4.8M, be interesting to see if he can sustain this . . .

Viewing figures halved from August to September taking him back down to 2M.

I'm guessing part of that uptick was related to the Epstein stuff. The new Trump impeachment story will probably give him some fuel to go on for a time.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2019, 01:53:02 PM »
I'm guessing part of that uptick was related to the Epstein stuff. The new Trump impeachment story will probably give him some fuel to go on for a time.

Yes, absolutely, 500k / half a million views for one video.

World's biggest "philosophy" channel  ;D

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »
+1
Viewing figures continue to hang around the sub 2M area, October was down from last month at 1.79M.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2019, 03:10:58 PM »

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2019, 11:21:55 AM »
+1
Molyneux's views down 30% on last month's already low figures (that's 30% down over the 20th Oct - 20th Nov period) I'll wait till the end of the month to see how this months figures pan out, but it's not looking good, the decline continues.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 02:09:07 PM by Lupus »

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2019, 03:23:34 PM »
November's figures (red dot), the decline continues, down to 1.18M views/month, second lowest monthly viewing figures in the last few years.

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2019, 04:32:09 PM »
I noticed the audience he was courting with the quasi-white nationalist/Jewish conspiracy rhetoric turned on him after he disavowed a character named Nick Fuentes, and toned down his tweets to be more in line with his supposed Ancap ideology.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2019, 07:23:49 PM »
+1
I noticed the audience he was courting with the quasi-white nationalist/Jewish conspiracy rhetoric turned on him after he disavowed a character named Nick Fuentes, and toned down his tweets to be more in line with his supposed Ancap ideology.

Yeah, I saw that too, he's always going to be subject to these kinds of petty dramas because in his constant search for a new audience he tends to jump from one bandwagon to the next, atheists, anacaps, libertarians, Christians, MGTOW (etc etc).

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2020, 03:23:44 PM »
+3
Happy new year / decade Molynuex fans !!  ;)

December figures for Molyneux, a small increase over November (~5% up), but otherwise his viewing figures remain in the doldrums, in fact December, despite the small increase, was still his 3rd lowest viewing figures in recent years . . . . I'm looking forward to the new decade with the very real prospect that he will continue to become an increasingly irrelevant online voice.  ;D

money detonator

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
Anyone know if he he is still doing call in shows or maybe discreetly encouraging offline private conversations within his podcasts?  That was always the ultimate micro-targeting when selling himself, by tailoring his sales pitch to the specific vulnerabilities of each individual caller.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:25:35 PM by money detonator »

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2020, 08:49:46 AM »
Anyone know if he he is still doing call in shows . . .

Yes, he's still doing the call-in shows, but it seems not as many as he used to do (although I've not counted), from what I can tell he's somewhat replaced the call-ins with his new "Ask Me Anything" videos, which have built up to around 2 a week, I suppose one obvious advantage of the "Ask Me Anything" videos is that he is runs a live chat window where fans can donate money to him via super chats.

That was always the ultimate micro-targeting when selling himself, by tailoring his sales pitch to the specific vulnerabilities of each individual caller.

After his "Stefan Molyneux: My Brutal Year" video - from three months or so back - I'm not sure he has the choice any more, he appears to be grabbing at whatever keeps his channel afloat, he's trying all sorts of ways to maintain his profile / bank balance, 'Ask Me Anything', playing Minecraft with his daughter, tributes to dead musicians ("Farewell to Neil Peart..."), men's rights stuff, Lots of Jeffery Epstein stuff, How to Deal With a Nagging Wife . . . etc etc . . . just a random grab-bag of filler material (it goes without saying none of which is "philosophy").

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2020, 04:45:55 PM »
+1
Anyone know if he he is still doing call in shows . . .

Yes, he's still doing the call-in shows, but it seems not as many as he used to do (although I've not counted), from what I can tell he's somewhat replaced the call-ins with his new "Ask Me Anything" videos, which have built up to around 2 a week, I suppose one obvious advantage of the "Ask Me Anything" videos is that he is runs a live chat window where fans can donate money to him via super chats.

That was always the ultimate micro-targeting when selling himself, by tailoring his sales pitch to the specific vulnerabilities of each individual caller.

After his "Stefan Molyneux: My Brutal Year" video - from three months or so back - I'm not sure he has the choice any more, he appears to be grabbing at whatever keeps his channel afloat, he's trying all sorts of ways to maintain his profile / bank balance, 'Ask Me Anything', playing Minecraft with his daughter, tributes to dead musicians ("Farewell to Neil Peart..."), men's rights stuff, Lots of Jeffery Epstein stuff, How to Deal With a Nagging Wife . . . etc etc . . . just a random grab-bag of filler material (it goes without saying none of which is "philosophy").

And let's not forget the end-times fear mongering : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1AvI3JctDc  I guess all the previous years he was saying the same thing weren't the years that "philosophy" and the world ended. Luckily his plucky band of free thinkers was able to keep him just rich enough to keep speaking the truth lol.

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2020, 12:36:24 AM »
+1
And let's not forget the end-times fear mongering

Yep, Molyneux's standard approach renders everything as a sign of the rapidly approaching end-times apocalypse . . . in fact if we didn't get a "we are at the crossroads, we either win now or lose everything, this it is, it all comes down to this" video, like the one you linked, every few months I'd be disappointed  ;D

It's amazing that his audience actually still buys this stuff, or at the least he feels he can still sell the same snake oil, the same snake oil he's sold them over and over again. Here were are 2020, another year, another 'this is our last chance, send me your cash' video.

Luckily his plucky band of free thinkers was able to keep him just rich enough to keep speaking the truth lol.

If it wasn't for Molyneux's pesky free thinking 'philosopher' kids I would have gotten away with my evil plans to destroy the world.

Towards the start of the video you linked he makes this claim:

"This show is reeling, there’s suppression, there’s been a huge drop in income, a lot of this had to do with the release of the trailer and then the release of - pretty much I believe - the most anti-communist  documentary film that has ever been produced called ‘Hong Kong Fight For Freedom".

. . . putting aside the conspiracy theory that someone is plotting to suppress his channel, take a quick look at the numbers/dates involved . . .

Here are Molyneux's Youtube numbers since mid 2016, I have highlighted (little red arrows) the release of his Hong Kong trailer and the release of the actual Hong Kong documentary . . . as you can see his channel has been in decline since mid-late 2017 - a very clear, unambiguous and consistent decline - and yet he appears to be selling his audience the idea that the release of the Hong Kong videos (Sept 2019 and Dec 2019) is the cause of his channel's collapse !?  ;D Even though they were released at the end of a years long period of decline. In fact his January figures (so far / final figures not out yet) are up +37.5% on December, so part of the evil communist plot against him involves increasing his channel views straight after he releases his Hong Kong video  :o :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:41:22 AM by Lupus »

summa logicae

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2020, 05:15:36 PM »
+1
It's amazing that his audience actually still buys this stuff, or at the least he feels he can still sell the same snake oil, the same snake oil he's sold them over and over again. Here were are 2020, another year, another 'this is our last chance, send me your cash' video.

Well, it appears they aren't buying it nearly as much as before, if his falling numbers are any indication. I imagine some of that is due to his ever-shifting stances and trying to court different audiences. Now he seems to be under the impression that he's some type of visionary Werner Herzog, making ground breaking "documentaries".
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 10:31:15 PM by summa logicae »

Lupus

• FDR Enlightened
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2020, 10:12:40 PM »
+1
Well, it appears they aren't buying it nearly as much as before, if his falling numbers are any indication.

Absolutely, the supply of gullible suckers is finally drying up !
In that last video he still has the cheek to call his show "the largest and most popular philosophy show in the world"  ;D even as his engagement dries up he still hangs on to this "I'm the biggest and the best" nonsense, it wasn't true when his figures were 5 or 6 times bigger, and it's certainly not true now.

Take a philosophy channel like the School of Life . . .

School of Life / 493M views / 5.2M subscribers
Molyneux / 289M views / 922k subscribers

. . . and the School of Life built its following on actual philosophy, rather than political gossip, opinion, film reviews, Minecraft, singing and Jeffery Epstein news.

I imagine some of that is due to his ever-shifting stances and trying to court different audiences.

Agreed, compounding his ever-shifting positions is his black and white thinking (splitting), when he's championing atheism then Christians are little short of sadistic evil monsters, when he's later championing Christianity then atheists are immoral corrupters of children, people who vote for a political party, or indeed have any involvement in politics, are mindless fools, then later people who don't vote for his Republican candidate of choice are mindless fools . . . etc etc.

Now he's seem to be under the impression that he's some type of visionary Werner Herzog, making ground breaking "documentaries".

Lol, yep, he's a regular Fritz Lang  :D

I love how, in very typical Molyneux fashion (unhinged notions of grand historical importance) he describes his HK documentary as "the most anti-communist documentary film that has ever been produced" . . . lol, I bet China is crapping itself. His books solve millennia old ethical questions, his films bring regimes to their knees, his call-in shows save lives and end childhood suffering, his talks show humanity the way forward, to salvation, his presentations reveal great truths that society was previously blind to . . . .