Author Topic: Requiem for Liberating Minds  (Read 31613 times)

HansKarlsson

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +13
Re: Requiem for Liberating Minds
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 03:06:00 AM »
Black Swan & Patience, I didn't ask Conrad to make his name public, but I asked what the reasoning behind keep it secret is? Hope you understand the difference between the two.
"Everything that's rich and deep is crap."
-Stefan Molyneux

Argent

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +83
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 03:17:46 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the person who contacted Conrad's employer was not thinking about Conrad as a human, but as a primary target in the 'defend the honor of FDR' campaign. Around the time of the Guardian article, I think a significant portion of the FDR "insiders" got caught up in defending FDR to the outside world. They were on forums and mailing lists talking about it, they made the LM smear page, tried to get LM in legal trouble, and probably other things I don't know about. Hopefully this person has changed their perspective since then, and regrets their actions.

On the other hand, I don't think Stefan should be let off the hook on this. Did he not publish excerpts from private emails Conrad had sent him? To this day, Stefan flips his lid if anyone does that to him.

Conrad

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 02:35:59 PM »
I wouldn't be afraid of a cult leader at any point, but of his followers. Cult leaders don't put themselves in dangerous positions, their dogs do.

While I appreciate the responses to my question (I honestly do), the key word was workplace . I find it extremely disturbing that Molyneaux would attack someone at their workplace, and I am curious about what specifically he did.
well, it actually was not Molyneux himself who contacted my employer, but one of his then-followers (who has since become, I think, much more skeptical of Molyneux)
Conrad, why don't you say who's the follower who disturbed you?
meh. I didn't see the point of doing that. Perhaps if that person had remained a hardcore FDR'er and had continued to do shitty stuff like that, it would be a way to stop him/her, but that didn't happen and if anything, the person now seems much more openly skeptical of Molyneux

Lone Ranger

• FDR Authority
  • "Irresponsible dangerous woman" (Stef sez so)
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »
+1
I am not afraid anymore. If I have to bear the consequences for what I write here, then so be it. I can give my contact details to anyone interested.
Because the horror of Communism, Stalinism, is not that bad people do bad things — they always do. It’s that good people do horrible things thinking they are doing something great.

CrazyCanuck

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 12:29:48 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the person who contacted Conrad's employer was not thinking about Conrad as a human, but as a primary target in the 'defend the honor of FDR' campaign. Around the time of the Guardian article, I think a significant portion of the FDR "insiders" got caught up in defending FDR to the outside world. They were on forums and mailing lists talking about it, they made the LM smear page, tried to get LM in legal trouble, and probably other things I don't know about. Hopefully this person has changed their perspective since then, and regrets their actions.

On the other hand, I don't think Stefan should be let off the hook on this. Did he not publish excerpts from private emails Conrad had sent him? To this day, Stefan flips his lid if anyone does that to him.

So much for virtue, morals, and non aggressive violence.  I was debating on FDR about vocal violence. 
I was banned not for speaking my mind, nor for coming on strong showing my views.  I was banned for something didn't make sense since I didn't break their TOS.  I am glad I got banned from FDR.  Because the next day which is today I search on google and found this site.

I wonder how these people would like it if I spoke to all their neighbours and told the truth about them.  Not them to get their fired but to engage with hateful people.  FDR is the most hateful community I have ever seen in my life.

Silo Bill

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 01:57:48 PM »
Welcome CrazyCanuck
I would like to think that Conrads employer may have taken the stance that mine own did on becoming aware of moly and his misdemenaours.
They were supportive, provided time off work, gave me access to counselling should I need it and were instrumental in hightlighting how I could report his actions to certain authorities that deal with the abuse he dishes out.
I feel sure that his employer on understanding what moly was about would have seen him in a similair vein to my own.
Now I accept that there are those herein that may not agree with the authorities becoming involved, but then those same people would not know of all his underhand dealings that may have further harmed ny family.
I am of course not at liberty to publicly divulge as such.
I sought help wherever I could find it.
Wasn't going to happen moly and I haven't forgotton what you did.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:15:27 PM by Silo Bill »
Rainbow - Light in the Black

Anarchist

• FDR Wizard
  • Rarr!!
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »
Welcome CrazyCanuck
I would like to think that Conrads employer may have taken the stance that mine own did on becoming aware of moly and his misdemenaours.
They were supportive, provided time off work, gave me access to counselling should I need it and were instrumental in hightlighting how I could report his actions to certain authorities that deal with the abuse he dishes out.
I feel sure that his employer on understanding what moly was about would have seen him in a similair vein to my own.
Yeah, Stefan was very, very overconfident about his abilities to convince most people of anything. I think he hoped to con others into thinking he had power he didn't.

QuestEon

• Just some guy with a blog.
  • Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
  • What's your opinion? I'd love to hear it!
  • Respect: +463
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 03:06:47 PM »
I have to see when I was listening, I never really considered it a "cult" so much as just a cult of personality.  Yes, a lot of the followers were creepy in their dedication but now the evidence is clear that this is exactly the mentality he is intentionally nurturing.  In the philosophical spirit of calling things by their true name, I'm now calling it what it is, a cult!

It's been very interesting to see how our world has changed over the past few years. When Molyneux attacked Limi with some pretty incredible lies, few people cared. When he lied to the Guardian about Tom, it seemed easier for people to assume that the Guardian had an "agenda" than suspect there was something wrong at FDR.

But these latest incidents have gotten a very different reaction. It makes me glad to know the previous stuff was documented, as it becomes clear this all part of a long-term pattern of behavior.
It isn't about winning the debate. It's about the truth.

Satori253

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2016, 02:07:09 AM »
Is Stefan's forum much different from Sean Hannity's forum or freerepublic.com? These are right-wing forums in which I'm guessing the moderators don't have much tolerance for difference of opinion. Please forgive me if I'm wrong.