Author Topic: Christina Papadopoulos found guilty of professional misconduct  (Read 10627 times)

QuestEon

• Just some guy with a blog.
  • Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
  • What's your opinion? I'd love to hear it!
  • Respect: +463
    • FDR Liberated
Christina Papadopoulos found guilty of professional misconduct
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »
I have only sketchy but verified news. At the hearing today, Christina plead guilty to the charges.

She did not lose her license but she will only be able to practice under supervision and with some strict conditions.

If I can get my hands on the official findings, I'll publish a more complete account on my home page.
It isn't about winning the debate. It's about the truth.

Conrad

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +4
Re: Christina Papadopoulos found guilty of professional misconduct
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »
I gotta say that I had not expected that.

virginia

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »
I gotta say that I had not expected that.

This is actually what I thought would happen. This will never be spoken of at FDR anyway so it doesn't matter, but now it gives Stef more fodder if he wanted it. He can claim that the government and/or society is against these ideas so much so that they would go after his wife as a result.
A plea bargain makes the most sense here. She's clearly guilty but still wants to keep her license so she can keep her job. She's guilty of something that she has stopped doing years ago (as far as the fdr stuff is concerned) and probably made that case, apologized, and they let her keep her license.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

HansKarlsson

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »
Looks like she took a plea deal. As much as I don't like the idea of taking a plea deal, I don't think she acted in bad faith at any time and from what I heard she didn't make public the name of any of the listeners.

Stef should probably be the one telling how this fits into his philosophy, as I don't see any virtue in kissing the state in the butt in order to maintain a not so necessary privilege.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:40:30 PM by HansKarlsson »
"Everything that's rich and deep is crap."
-Stefan Molyneux

Hajnal

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:02:53 PM »
I feel pretty good with the outcome. Christina will be supervised. That seems fair enough.

Argent

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +83
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 10:39:49 PM »
I think we can more or less leave the state out of this. In a discipline like psychology, licensing/accreditation is necessary to provide prospective patients (/insurance companies) with some level of assurance that the psychologist isn't a complete quack. (Leaving aside arguments about whether psychology itself is quackery..) Licensing boards set standards that licensees pledge to follow. Christina wanted the license and the benefits it brought, and she pledged to follow the standards.

For a moment let's forget about people being sent to psychologists by the state. Imagine you're an individual with some run-of-the-mill psychological issues that you'd like a psychologist to help you straighten out. You're paying for your treatment out-of-pocket. You make yourself vulnerable to your psychologist, sharing your deepest secrets and taking her advice.

I can't think of a worse fate for such a person than ending up with a psychologist whose husband likes to practice armchair, one-size-fits-all psychology. A psychologist who has demonstrated that she will break the standards of her profession when leaned on by her husband. Even if she doesn't share personally identifying information about you--even if she doesn't talk to him about your case because she's already discussed dozens of similar ones with him--who knows how much of an effect his amateur theories will have on your treatment. If you wanted Stefan's theories, you could have gotten them for free on the internet. You signed up to receive the benefits of a century of psychological research and practice.

Now, maybe Christina doesn't let Stefan influence her practice. That will be for her supervisor to decide. I'm glad that CPO took this seriously, and I think it's about time Stefan and Christina faced some inescapable consequences for their disingenuousness.

I wonder what effect this will have on their financial situation and the fate of FDR.

QuestEon

• Just some guy with a blog.
  • Administrator
  • FDR Wizard
  • What's your opinion? I'd love to hear it!
  • Respect: +463
    • FDR Liberated
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:58:28 PM »
I think we can more or less leave the state out of this. In a discipline like psychology, licensing/accreditation is necessary to provide prospective patients (/insurance companies) with some level of assurance that the psychologist isn't a complete quack. (Leaving aside arguments about whether psychology itself is quackery..) Licensing boards set standards that licensees pledge to follow. Christina wanted the license and the benefits it brought, and she pledged to follow the standards...
Your entire post connects with me. In the type of non-state environments I envision, I can't see this playing out that much differently.

I also think she's lucky. I have Molyneux on record several times clearly denouncing parents and families in general and that he bases much of his thinking on what he learns from Christina. I have Christina on record several times claiming to be the intellectual architect of Freedomain Radio. Those dots, fully connected, would make any board consider pulling someone's license.

Now, nearly everyone suspects that Molyneux alone is the creator of and mind behind Freedomain Radio, but I would argue back that in that case, someone who has been deluded into thinking she created something like FDR, when she did not, is also a dubious candidate to continue in that profession.

That all sounds pretty cold to me, as I type it, because at the same time I don't see Christina's involvement as that much different than those of Molyneux's other followers who were convinced they were abuse victims who need to defoo their families. There is some level of victimization here.

But, in the end I do think she was lucky to hang on to the license. And perhaps it was a plea bargain that accomplished that. Can't wait to get the details.
It isn't about winning the debate. It's about the truth.

TruthAlwaysTold

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 12:14:10 AM »
Stef should probably be the one telling how this fits into his philosophy, as I don't see any virtue in kissing the state in the butt in order to maintain a not so necessary privilege.

Totally agree.

I didn't know there was a 'plea' like it was a court though. Stef and Christina *ARE* part of the state. They *ARE* part of Academia. They *DO* get their money from my tax dollars.

So the 'board' has much more in common with Stef and his wife than say.. I don't know.. the guests at Libertopia heheh..

HansKarlsson

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 01:48:48 AM »
Argent, you are correct, if the supervisor goes through her work and finds out that she's asking each patient the second meeting about the relationship with his parents while during the third meeting concludes that the parents are at fault even if not the case (just as Stef does during his Sunday Shows), her license should be revoked and she should pay the money back.

TruthAlwaysTold, exactly right. And this time Stef doesn't have the excuse that he approved of the deal under coercion or that some state agent was having a gun at his head.
"Everything that's rich and deep is crap."
-Stefan Molyneux

Anarchist

• FDR Wizard
  • Rarr!!
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »
I also think she's lucky. I have Molyneux on record several times clearly denouncing parents and families in general and that he bases much of his thinking on what he learns from Christina. I have Christina on record several times claiming to be the intellectual architect of Freedomain Radio. Those dots, fully connected, would make any board consider pulling someone's license.

Now, nearly everyone suspects that Molyneux alone is the creator of and mind behind Freedomain Radio, but I would argue back that in that case, someone who has been deluded into thinking she created something like FDR, when she did not, is also a dubious candidate to continue in that profession.

That all sounds pretty cold to me, as I type it, because at the same time I don't see Christina's involvement as that much different than those of Molyneux's other followers who were convinced they were abuse victims who need to defoo their families. There is some level of victimization here.
I'd say that, unlike those other followers, she gave reason to believe that Stefan knew what he was talking about.

FDR is quite attracted to the argument from authority, which is why they are overjoyed when they uncover people like Daniel Mackler or the IFS crowd. It's not that those other people have properly collected a bunch of data supporting their ideas, it's that those people are professionals and they agree with some facet or another of FDR theory. Then, after a while, you don't hear much about that person.

Christina and Alice Miller and a few others were the first in line for this, but unlike the others, she had detailed knowledge of FDR theory.

Hajnal

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »

I'd say that, unlike those other followers, she gave reason to believe that Stefan knew what he was talking about.

FDR is quite attracted to the argument from authority, which is why they are overjoyed when they uncover people like Daniel Mackler or the IFS crowd. It's not that those other people have properly collected a bunch of data supporting their ideas, it's that those people are professionals and they agree with some facet or another of FDR theory. Then, after a while, you don't hear much about that person.

Christina and Alice Miller and a few others were the first in line for this, but unlike the others, she had detailed knowledge of FDR theory.

Wouldn't it just be that they get overjoyed (as I was) when mainstream society actually reflects their views?

Anarchist

• FDR Wizard
  • Rarr!!
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »
Wouldn't it just be that they get overjoyed (as I was) when mainstream society actually reflects their views?
It could be, but I never really saw them being relieved about all the people influenced by Alice Miller, for example, who would have agreed with them about the effects of child abuse. (They also missed the fact that Stefan claimed to have been rejected by publishers due to his exposing child abuse...while she was published quite a lot.) They also didn't seem to be overjoyed about the followers of IFS. They focused on the leaders.

I might be seeing coincidences, but it seems to match how Stefan is still the important guy at FDR, though you'd expect to have a lot of intelligent people there leading the charge after a while, like you see in science or math or most political movements where the one guy isn't the important thing but the cause is.

Even after all these people agreeing with them, they still tend to believe that mainstream society is quite against what they think.

Silo Bill

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »
I think that possibly the outcome may just be lifting the lid off a can of worms.
It is likely that the courts decision will become common knowledge.
Persons who have been treated in the past and have no connection with FDR might
reflect on their therapy and question it.
I am sure there are plenty of folk out there looking for a claim where there's a blame
just to line their pockets.
Rather sadly I am unable to see how the outcome will help familes reunite with the absent
from home.
The college that gave license must surely have a 'care of duty' policy to those people.
Perhaps the college should contact all those that have been exposed to possible 'mal treatment'
and be given free counselling wherever they may be?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:19:20 PM by Silo Bill »
Rainbow - Light in the Black

TruthAlwaysTold

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 03:30:22 PM »
Perhaps the college should contact all those that have been exposed to possible 'mal treatment'
and be given free counselling wherever they may be?

I spent all last night listening to therapy/cult videos while working in the house. It seems that digging deep into childhood is *not* common practice and it is well understand that while the past shapes things today, choices moving forward have little to do with childhood parenting.

What there is, is there are 'therapy cults' which date back thousands of years. It's the scam each time.

-You are feeling vulnerable and like you don't fit in. You do what's called 'seeking'.
-Your seeking will lead you to many different types of 'cults'. You will have no idea of this, and neither will the cult leader (most of the time). 
-There are many types of cults:  Political, Satanic, Commercial, Therapeutic/Self-Improvement, etc. One lady said out of 16, only 1 type is religious. This is also a huge problem in Islam with many local mosques acting as cults. There is also 'martial arts' cults believe it or not.
-All cults have a narcissist at the head of it whose primary goal is to essentially be 'God' himself. It's not about money as much as it is about Narcissism and being a God in the flesh. Bin Laden was a cultist for example. A life of some poverty and seclusion, but he had control over the minds over other people. That is what it's about.
-What they do over time is relinquish control from their victims of their own thoughts.
-What Stefan and his wife self admittedly due, is practice the oldest cultist trick in the book:  unconscious mind trick. This tactic is used for most cults dealing with therapy, occult, magic, satanism, new age, etc. This has been around thousands of years.
-What they do is claim that your unconscious mind holds the answers to your problems. ------The cult leaders will help you reach your unconscious mind through his 'magic/witchcraft/voodoo/scientific method' like I don't know.. deciphering dreams? Oldest tricks in the book.
-The catch is, ONLY the cult leader knows how to do this. So you need to stay with him and keep listening. You'll 'almost get it'. The longer you stay with him, the more you lose yourself from reality and enter his reality.
-The tactic they use is always blaming your 'reality of life' (gov't, society, God,  church, parents, etc), and then breaking it down.
-Where am I going with this? Stefs wife herself said something along the lines of "We're trying to get people to find their 'true self' (a common cult keyword). She said somethings like 'we're trying to peel back the layers and get to the true self of someone's real self'.

Practicing what she said above is NOT a valid form of modern therapy. The 'true self' is an occult, new age ideal that these people use to trap their victims and relinquish control of their victims ability to make decisions for themselves, thus the cult leader becomes a 'God' who can decide whether people act upon their will. It often over many years leads to 'death' and 'harm'. Even the cult leader themselves have no idea they were capable of such things. But they themselves get deeper and deeper into it.

Cult leaders all have something in common - they like to see their fellowship 'sacrifice' for them. I'm taking inflicting physical, or emotional harm onto themselves in the name of the cult leader. Remember, this is NOT about money, it's about narcissistic control over other people. What can you do over the internet? Well not much as you can in person. But you can tell them to leave their parents without getting arrested. You can get people to send you money. You can get people to sacrifice for you.

The point is, his wife seems to practice a method of 'New Age' 'Occult' method of tapping into the unconscious mind. This is *NOT* a method of official therapy and is quite dangerous and destructive. Therapy promotes cognitive behavioral therapy. It focuses on actions - not emotions and figuring things out in your unconscious mind which puts the victim into a 'blame' mode of negativity to the world, and the only salvation is the cult leader (therapist).

I personally feel they are both the same as most cult leaders and their spouses. This is why they are able to stay married. They both understand each other.

If I was on that board, as soon as I heard the cult talk of tapping into the unconscious, I would pull the license right away because few realize just how destructive this is.

Also be careful of martial art cults, they are supposedly very common. I was surprised to find this out. And oh yes, the preparedness/Gold bug community (stock up food, water for an impending disaster) is also a cult. I realize that I got caught up in that also. They don't have secret knowledge of anything.

As I said, it's not good to seek the tree of knowledge. It leads you to poisonous fruit.

megi

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 06:59:04 PM »
TAT, wow, the unconscious mind trick as you call it... being told that answers are within you... and that you should use some method (envisioned by the cult leader) to find out what they are... sounds like a really smart way to control people.

They will think that what they do is coming from within them, yet they'll be acting according to some answers they came to through the guru's method, which can be skewed to give certain answers.