Author Topic: Is Stefan Molyneux a psychopath?  (Read 28483 times)

Omega

• Banned
  • FDR Authority
  • Respect: 0
Re: Is Stefan Molyneux a psychopath?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 12:58:52 PM »
Of course my direct experience is limited however there are lots of articles and testimonies from other people for example this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html

Also It sometimes happened for me in forums when I criticize women men start attacking me for being insensitive and everyone is lying to that woman to make her comfortable.
It is possible that she really wants to hear honest response, but at least other people expect that she wants to her lies. So that must be common knowledge.

Of course this is common to all society not only women but I guess women are much more susceptible.

I would point out men who inject themselves with special compounds for the sole purpose of inflating their muscles.

This is not appropriate proof because it is one thing to create illusion for someone else and another to lie to yourself.

I have met some wonderful women who have no problem with direct truths.

You used word some so it must be not so big proportion from all population you met. otherwise you had used word most.

The thing is, in my opinion, being delusional is a human trait, equally likely in men as it is for women. It's something I've done in my life, it's something you have likely done in your life, and trying to claim it is a particular trait of just one sex is utterly baseless, offensive, and out right stupid.

Of course everyone is different however there is still certain statistic and expectations.
and when you meet someone whom you don't know you usually start with stereotypical assumptions.
and it is useful to use these stereotypes to label unrelated people, like if we have that "niggers" are stupid people with slave mentality we just label all stupid people niggers even if they are white. so this word does not mean certain race it is general label for certain collection of traits.

In same way man who has more feminine than masculine traits should be labeled as woman, because otherwise all these words have absolutely no meaning.
If you asume that men and women are equal words man and woman are synonymous.

Phil

• FDR Interested
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 07:08:33 AM »
Getting back to the thread topic:

A lot of people have pointed out narcissistic behaviour.  There is an article on this site discussing "splitting," a thought process prominent in both NPD and BPD.  Personally, I find his grandiosity to be over the top, especially for a middle aged man.

landoramone30

• FDR Curious
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 05:24:35 AM »
+1
Psychopathy mental illness or disorder. Mental illness is not synonymous with brain illness. The brain is the organ or object that produce mental states illness being one of them. I can only presume your question is directed towards the subject of the question, the subject being some entity called Stefan Molyneux. It is funny I look at a few comments and it would seem many people know this entity intimately and pass judgement with no facts. Show me the facts your first hand knowledge and not hearsay.

X

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 04:51:09 AM »
+2
It is funny I look at a few comments and it would seem many people know this entity intimately and pass judgement with no facts. Show me the facts your first hand knowledge and not hearsay.

The idea that Molyneux is a psychopath is based on his voluminous output, this guy has shared his views on pretty much everything imaginable, and at great length, the idea that you need to know someone intimately to suspect they might be pscyopathic (or narcissistic) is silly.

Kaz

• Ideological Gadfly
  • FDR Wizard
  • "Dangerous Liaisons" by Rene Magritte
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 10:03:56 PM »
It is funny I look at a few comments and it would seem many people know this entity intimately and pass judgement with no facts. Show me the facts your first hand knowledge and not hearsay.

The idea that Molyneux is a psychopath is based on his voluminous output, this guy has shared his views on pretty much everything imaginable, and at great length, the idea that you need to know someone intimately to suspect they might be pscyopathic (or narcissistic) is silly.

Hi X  :)

Given the reputation that psychopaths and other Machiavellian types have for their verbal manipulation skills, it is far better to follow the ball and not be distracted by the commentary.

Just because you have left FDR, it doesn't mean that FDR has left you.

"Taking responsibility for something and self-blame are horses of two entirely different colors. The former is empowering; the latter is paralyzing." ~ John Rosemond, Ph.D

X

• FDR Aware
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 01:43:59 AM »
Given the reputation that psychopaths and other Machiavellian types have for their verbal manipulation skills, it is far better to follow the ball and not be distracted by the commentary.

I'm not quite sure what your somewhat mysterious comment is saying ?

What I was saying was that the idea that judgement is being passed on Molyneux without facts and is nothing more than hearsay is - in my view - mistaken, Molyneux is vocal, frank and outspoken, he certainly don't hold back when it comes to sharing his opinions on pretty much anything and everything, and at great length, the idea that there are 'no facts' to employ here, is plainly nonsense, there are thousands of hours of taped thoughts - of course you can never really know the contents of someone else's head, but it's not unreasonable to hazard a guess given the material available.

Kaz

• Ideological Gadfly
  • FDR Wizard
  • "Dangerous Liaisons" by Rene Magritte
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 04:38:10 AM »
+1

I'm not quite sure what your somewhat mysterious comment is saying ?

What I was saying was that the idea that judgement is being passed on Molyneux without facts and is nothing more than hearsay is - in my view - mistaken, Molyneux is vocal, frank and outspoken, he certainly don't hold back when it comes to sharing his opinions on pretty much anything and everything, and at great length, the idea that there are 'no facts' to employ here, is plainly nonsense, there are thousands of hours of taped thoughts - of course you can never really know the contents of someone else's head, but it's not unreasonable to hazard a guess given the material available.

Yes, Molyneux certainly has insisted on sharing his often contradictory opinions about  everything!

Like a lot of people here, I can't stand to listen to that voice, but I don't have to because even more telling than what he says is what he does...Tru Shibes, the $2 donation, Joe Rogan....the list goes on and on. 

I'm sorry for being so vague, I was not disagreeing with the point you were making, what I was making a comment on is that when it comes to individuals who are at best problematic but at worst may be downright dangerous, it is best to focus on their behaviour and not so much their words. 

Manipulative people are often very persuasive, charming talkers and are very good at managing impressions, hence my comment that it is best to judge their actions and not get too involved with their head spinning arguments.  Many people got sucked into FDR that way and even Robert Hare has been sucked in by diagnosed psychopaths.

Just because you have left FDR, it doesn't mean that FDR has left you.

"Taking responsibility for something and self-blame are horses of two entirely different colors. The former is empowering; the latter is paralyzing." ~ John Rosemond, Ph.D

mikef

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 08:36:29 AM »
+1
In fact, what makes Stefan Molyneux so interesting, to me anyway, is that it's one of those rare opportunities to examine one of these people up close and really see how they operate due to the fact he puts so much of himself out there.  And I enjoy coming on here and reading people's analyses.  They, narcissists and psychopaths, are a reasonable percentage of the population and we all run into them.  It's useful to know how they work and how to deal with them especially since many of us have fallen prey to one at one time or another.

And beyond that they are just fascinating from a science perspective.  How does someone end up like this and how do people end up following them and how do they break away, etc.   If humans are basically deterministic machines, and I think we are, then there has to be some kind of rationality (as warped as it is) behind it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:40:19 AM by mikef »

Patrick Leonard

• on warcraft 3 I'm known as: UnholyDecimator
  • FDR Interested
  • I'm a pretty decent brah I thinx
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2015, 02:01:43 PM »
Well let's see. He speaks a lot of truth only to gain a following and a sex-slave cult.

Following that basic premise that leans me closer to this answer:

f*ck YES  >:(

And how unfortunate because I expected more from this guy. He seemed completely legit to me until I found freedom feens. I was skeptical of freedom feens at first but now I can see that they're the legit ones, not Stefan.

And beyond that they are just fascinating from a science perspective.  How does someone end up like this and how do people end up following them and how do they break away, etc.   If humans are basically deterministic machines, and I think we are, then there has to be some kind of rationality (as warped as it is) behind it.

What is meant by a deterministic machine?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 02:03:32 PM by Patrick Leonard »
Brah It's Patrick AKA UnholyDecimator on warcraft 3
Howe's it going man?
Btw, Guinness is the beer of a true Irishman.

Argent

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +83
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2015, 02:25:58 PM »
+1
sex-slave cult.

Stefan seems to have a lot of unstated motivations, but I haven't heard that one before. Evidence?

X

• FDR Aware
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2015, 02:35:29 PM »
+1
Well let's see. He speaks a lot of truth only to gain a following and a sex-slave cult.

Hmmmmm . . . . . Molyneux is all sorts of unsavoury, but there is absolutely zero indication that he's part of a 'sex-slave cult'  ;D

I'd ask the see evidence for the claim, but I think we all know that would be a pointless exercise.

Patrick Leonard

• on warcraft 3 I'm known as: UnholyDecimator
  • FDR Interested
  • I'm a pretty decent brah I thinx
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 06:42:04 PM »
+1

Hmmmmm . . . . . Molyneux is all sorts of unsavoury, but there is absolutely zero indication that he's part of a 'sex-slave cult'  ;D

I'd ask the see evidence for the claim, but I think we all know that would be a pointless exercise.

Sex slave may have been a bit extreme, but listen to the feens' podcast on the matter

Yeah I think I went to far when I said sex-slave. But there is definitely a cult.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:47:10 PM by Patrick Leonard »
Brah It's Patrick AKA UnholyDecimator on warcraft 3
Howe's it going man?
Btw, Guinness is the beer of a true Irishman.

X

• FDR Aware
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 07:30:35 AM »
+2
Sex slave may have been a bit extreme, but listen to the feens' podcast on the matter

Can you be a little more specific than pointing to thousands of hours of podcasts and saying 'it's in there somewhere' ?  ;D

Which Freedom Feens episode (and roughly where in that episode) is it suggested (or even vaguely hinted at) that Molyneux 'speaks a lot of truth only to gain a following and a sex-slave cult' ?

Yeah I think I went to far when I said sex-slave. But there is definitely a cult.

The problem . . . (the reason I ask about this) . . . is that this is exactly the kind of thing Molyneux (and his apologists) would love to see on a forum like FDRliberated, outrageous claims with zero evidence that are absolutely unable to be supported, precisely what they would want so as to dismiss the forum as a 'hate site'.

I think there is a very real conversation to be had about whether this character is a psychopath (I'm uncertain) or perhaps a narcissist (I think this is almost certainly the case), about whether his ideas are flawed, based on faulty thinking / poor logic, whether his is a misogynist, a racist, a misanthropist, whether he consciously lies or is simply driven by confirmation bias (and so on . . . ), all these questions can be easily delegitimised (in the minds of Molyneux apologists) by the inclusion of something like 'yeah, he's also an alien, he's come to earth to steal our gold'.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:43:21 AM by X »

Mike_Lice

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +318
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2015, 08:12:15 AM »
+2
so the freedom feens said something about Stefan and sex. And you pumped it up to " Stefan is running a sex slave cult"
Are you a journalist for TMZ? :P

Philosofree

• Awkward Segway
  • FDR Enlightened
  • One does not simply call in and debate.
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 10:35:39 AM »
Can you be a little more specific than pointing to thousands of hours of podcasts and saying 'it's in there somewhere' ?  ;D

Which Freedom Feens episode (and roughly where in that episode) is it suggested (or even vaguely hinted at) that Molyneux 'speaks a lot of truth only to gain a following and a sex-slave cult' ?
Yeah, I've been listening to the Freedom Feens since last October, can't recall them ever saying anything about Stef in relation to sex-slavery (unless it's in one of the three most recent episodes since I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet).
"In the long run we're all TruShibes."
so truth
much profound
wow