Author Topic: FreeDomainRadio Uses Copyright Rules To Get Tru Shibes videos removed?  (Read 25010 times)

Argent

• FDR Wizard
  • Respect: +83
Re: FreeDomainRadio Uses Copyright Rules To Get Tru Shibes videos removed?
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2014, 11:29:01 PM »
The way to prove your True Believerness is to not engage in arguments on the board, ever. Just toss in a flippant remark and be done with it. If you get into arguments with others, it shows that you are not entirely confident in your beliefs, and you should probably be on a therapist's couch rather than the forums, until you work through your internal strife.

Of course, you have a valid reason for doing/saying everything you do, and if anyone dares to question you on that, they are rude and should probably be shunned out of the community. You are a True Believer who has been blessed by Molyneux, after all. And they're some average Joe with an axe to grind.

HansKarlsson

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2014, 04:21:24 AM »
The way to prove your True Believerness is to not engage in arguments on the board, ever. Just toss in a flippant remark and be done with it. If you get into arguments with others, it shows that you are not entirely confident in your beliefs, and you should probably be on a therapist's couch rather than the forums, until you work through your internal strife.

Of course, you have a valid reason for doing/saying everything you do, and if anyone dares to question you on that, they are rude and should probably be shunned out of the community. You are a True Believer who has been blessed by Molyneux, after all. And they're some average Joe with an axe to grind.
Such a great description of what's taking place on the FDR board. It's really painful to read through those comments. Some genuinely curious users trying to obtain logical explanations while the True Believers are all emotional and can't present basic arguments which to support. Maybe because daddy didn't teach them how, but once they learn, they are outta there. Here are some examples (of course, all of them quoted out of context :-\):
Quote from: a True Believer
I'm finding your constant requesting for clarification here and on a similar thread to be quite annoying eudaimon.
All the clarification you need is within Mikes post. This aint rocket science and doesn't require a full and open discussion regarding the actual details. Much of which are now unavailable, as is the norm with most take downs. So please stop.
Even if Michael did "violate the NAP" by forcibly removing someone else's property, it doesn't bother me one bit.  Not one freaking bit.  Why, because those internet trolls had it coming.  They are offensive, rotten, despicable losers who offer nothing to the world.  All that matters is how I feel about the people I associate with.  I associate with FDR.  I have no personal problem with what Michael did.  So, in a free society, he still gets my dollar.  That's all there is.  You buy it or you don't.
To this I will just say, if you don't think MMD is holding himself to his own ethical standards then you are free to go find someone who does.  He gave you an explanation as to why he did what he did.  What else is there to do?  You are judge and jury.  Make your decision and move on.  I've made mine.
In this situation.  After looking at the evidence and the details of the case myself, I have decided that I have no problem with what MMD did and I will continue to support the community.  Did he violate NAP?  Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.  You guys can argue that all day.  I can just use my intuition.  FDR still gets my dollar.
I think it's much more accurate to say, "Because you didn't have a negative emotional reaction to what the YouTube user FreeDomainDamon was doing, you're not convinced by the explanation, 'They shot first.'"
Once you explain it THAT way, though, you're "forced" to explain why you didn't have a negative emotional reaction.  I'm not saying you SHOULD HAVE had an extraordinarily negative reaction.  But I am saying that, without explaining why you didn't have one, your intellectual-argument above seems to be just-one-more-example of John H. having no emotional reactions.
Also, the followers are very passive-aggressive, trying at each step to shift the burden of proof. Not to say about MMDM's passive-aggressive first post, "Because people have asked..." otherwise we wouldn't f*cking bother with this sort of crap, it's for you slaves.

I'm wondering if Molyneaux has to click-open each post his TBs voted down in order to read them, or he has some special capabilities and those don't get hidden from him? Or he only sees the hidden ones? I would donate to get all the posts displayed by default, otherwise I miss posts at times and lose track of the discussion.
"Everything that's rich and deep is crap."
-Stefan Molyneux

marly qq

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2014, 06:34:13 AM »
another voice has a say on the matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp-j1WzmkLw
Description:
Stefan Molyneux appears to have not just committed aggression by invoking copyright law but also may have engaged in fraud on two occasions. Stefan should negotiate with his victims and make them whole if they can prove that he caused them quantifiable damage.

Prodigal son

« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2014, 07:04:44 AM »
Those videos made by Tru Shibes must have been quite odious to Mr Molyneux if we consider that he has shown no hesitation in exploding his entire philosophical position in order to remove them.

It's not surprising: it is a known fact that there is some distance to travel between Steffy's stated beliefs and Mr Molyneux's actual practices. It may be a local bus ride and no more than that, but often the traveller will need to take sandwiches, perhaps a tent, and maybe purchase an airline ticket in several instances that we all know well.

Of course there are some distances that will require some form of space travel not currently available to humans, unless you believe in all that moon landing nonsense, in which case you probably think that we could just build a rocket and fly up there to see the location of his more controversial stances.

To have these vastly different positions displayed side-by-side and explained each time in Mr Molyneux's own words or through his actions is not something that he could possibly be expected to contemplate, and so he has "lashed out", as he would have it, and is currently sulking.

Since the videos are all now freely available again and are attracting far more interest than ever before thanks to Mr Molyneux's very vigorous promotion of the channel (perhaps the Shibes cut him in on a YouTube ads deal?) and since Mr Molyneux, despite his best efforts to appear so, is not actually quite as thick as one would think, he knows that his only current option is to hide under the bed and then proceed to lock down the cult and elevate the remaining members to honorary PKs with free tee-shirt in the mail as soon as he can muster the courage to open a single Internet application on one of those shiny new computers many of us bought for him in a moment of wide-eyed optimism.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:29:40 AM by Prodigal son »

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
  • FDR Enlightened
  • "I thought they taught philosophy over there."
  • Respect: +100
    • Jim Jesus
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2014, 07:05:15 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sKkz6vOQJk

Free Talk Live had a call from Freedom Feens where he talks about Stefan and his DMCA abuse. Ian says that his radio network LRN, which used to air Stefan Molyneux podcasts on their network, had taken them down before this because of the other things about Molyneux brought to his attention. Good on him.

Kaz

• Ideological Gadfly
  • FDR Wizard
  • "Dangerous Liaisons" by Rene Magritte
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2014, 08:19:52 AM »
Conflating Tru Shribes' videos with those someone else made who allegedly is harrassing people is a bait and switch type of excuse for their real objective.  As well as hypocritically abusing the DMCA law to silence someone critical of Molyneux work, it is also defammatory against Tru Shribes. 

Additionally, to remove other people's work because of FDR's own self made problems shows an outrageous sense of entitlement.

Edit: grammar

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:27:05 AM by Kaz »
Just because you have left FDR, it doesn't mean that FDR has left you.

"Taking responsibility for something and self-blame are horses of two entirely different colors. The former is empowering; the latter is paralyzing." ~ John Rosemond, Ph.D

Prodigal son

« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2014, 08:44:08 AM »
...I just wanted to add a word of advice for those who are curious enough to want to investigate Mr Molyneux's most revolutionary thoughts for themselves.

The method I recommend is that of the conventional telescope. Some modern telescopes are very powerful and you can see things in very great detail even though they are quite a long way off, and then there are also telescopes in satellites, which are, of course, outside the pocket of most of us here.

But don't be thinking you'll be able to actually read anything: a tiny speck of white [edited to add: or perhaps the crayon drawing on the cover has some predominant colour that might stand out] is all we could hope because currently available resolution is far worse than that of Google Earth, which is after all photographed from quite a near height.

The book (I refer to "Crazy Talk" and no, I am not making this up), if it is to be consulted, will require some form of teletransportation into a parallel time-space continuum of the kind that Mr Molyneux practiced when he wrote the great novel on that cold orb. However, at the current state of the art field no firm provisions seem to exist for the return journey, so beware.

[edited to correct syntax and add an afterthought]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:19:07 PM by Prodigal son »

Kaz

• Ideological Gadfly
  • FDR Wizard
  • "Dangerous Liaisons" by Rene Magritte
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »
The method I recommend is that of the conventional telescope. Some modern telescopes are very powerful and you can see things in very great detail even though they are quite a long way off, and then there are also telescopes in satellites, which are, of course, outside the pocket of most of us here.

Castles in the air cannot be seen by telescopes.

Just because you have left FDR, it doesn't mean that FDR has left you.

"Taking responsibility for something and self-blame are horses of two entirely different colors. The former is empowering; the latter is paralyzing." ~ John Rosemond, Ph.D

marly qq

• FDR Enlightened
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2014, 05:28:22 AM »
there was a comment made on a youtube video about this subject (not very informative, i wouldnt recommend watching it, but link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTC4n-C8GqQ&list=UUR6zno8fBa9r4wgYQ_7B9Dw ) which reads:

"What about Stefan posting on his Facebook that he *didn't* do this ... then deleting that comment. Thoughts?"

is it possible in any way to check deleted facebook posts? would be interesting to see what that post said (if its true)

megi

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2014, 05:39:18 AM »
another voice has a say on the matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp-j1WzmkLw

Schooling Molyneux on how to resolve disputes without the state. :D Golden.

Prodigal son

« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2014, 12:21:23 PM »
Some more fun with the latest FDR scandal.

Poetic justice? The symbol is superb! Compliments to whoever is responsible.

mikef

• FDR Authority
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2015, 09:52:48 PM »
I know I'm dredging this up but I've only just found it and felt like I had something to add.

First of all, reading through this was kind of concerning initially.  I remember posting on the thread being discussed but for the life of me couldn't remember the things I had said.  Did I say something stupid that was going to be pointed out?  This was one of the things going through my mind as I read this thread. 

When I got to the end and saw I hadn't been mentioned I took a deep breath and took a look at the thread on FDR.

I'm pretty happy with my contributions I have to say.  I wasn't on the level of JohnH but I was on the skeptic side and did make some contributions regarding the censorship aspect.  When JohnH mentioned he knew some people that were not wanting to participate further because of all the passive-aggression, I was one of those people.  I was feeling really uncomfortable just posting in the thread and private messaged him saying so.   Ultimately, I ended up in moderation so I guess FDR saw my contributions the same way I do now.  :)

I was thinking about why I got this right even though I was a FDR supporter at the time.   The fundamental reason, I think, is because I just told myself a couple years back I would always go with the truth, even when it felt uncomfortable at the time.  Always be skeptical.   That's why I wasn't one of the people blindly defending FDR here, and that's why I can look back on that thread and feel reasonably happy with my contribution and not feel embarassed about defending the undefendable.  There's a lesson there, for me at least...

féanor

• FDR Aware
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2015, 07:03:27 AM »

This is brilliant!